1/6 Hot Toys - MMS688D53 - The Avengers - Iron Man Mark VI (2.0) with Suit-Up Gantry Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks 100 years old, I don’t remember him having so many wrinkles. I had the last version of this and sold it to find new stuff, but I really liked the battle damage so I may get this when sideshow inevitably has it on 20% off.
I bet it'll look fine in the final in terms of aging. If they don't overdo it, people complain the final product looks soft and cheap.

I bet it'll look fine in the final in terms of aging. If they don't overdo it, people complain the final product looks soft and cheap.
This. It looks overdone in the prototype, which is fine since it's gonna get downgraded and softened up through production.

It's not really that far off once you picture it softer in detail and compare to how he looked in the movie. He had all those eye wrinkles.

5E6IiJC.png

This. It looks overdone in the prototype, which is fine since it's gonna get downgraded and softened up through production.

It's not really that far off once you picture it softer in detail and compare to how he looked in the movie. He had all those eye wrinkles.

5E6IiJC.png
Yep! And from your comparison, now I wonder if the eyes looks weird/off because they made them and the eyebrows perfectly symmetrical, instead of one brow slightly raised and the other eye slightly less open.

If they do make anymore MoM Stranges it won't be anytime soon. A Toy Fair Exclusive may be your best hope now. As for Klawng, I think first they'll release your grail Namor from Wakanda Forever. :wink1:
Yeah, you're probably right... I just figured that since they did Dead Strange, they'd do the rest too, you know? And they seem to like Strange enough to basically re-release him every time he appears, so I was certain that they wouldn't ignore the new designs. They did the NWH version but they'll be passing on such a great look as the Supreme one? I wanted that for my Illuminati set-up...

I debated it and I'll be passing on Manletmor, if he happens. It'll still (probably) be a cool figure that I want to see, but it's too much of a deviation for me to have as my one and only Namor. I'll wait until they give him a proper suit and a shave, maybe a longer haircut. I'm weird enough to be buying 300$ dollies, but I'm not at the level where I'll buy a near-naked nobody at that price.

They better give me Klawng fast though. I need my Clowny friend!

They did Old Man Loki because SooSooToys made one first (not that HT's version has actually been released lol). Maybe if someone else does a decent Xavier (or Captain Carter, Black Bolt, etc.) HT will feel compelled to do a licensed version. I doubt it but maybe...
Good point. I just had some hope since Xavier was in the storyboards since forever. Maybe for DP3 or Secret Wars...

I appreciate the new sculpt but yeah it looks kinda odd and goofy to me. Hot take: I think the 1.0 is the superior figure with the half-helmeted head, diorama base, and EX helmet. At least when you compare it to the basic standalone version of this 2.0, that is.

I know we only have a small sample of proto pics and the description, but beside the gantry and addition suit up internal parts and helmet, is anyone seeing anything anywhere that this armor is different than the original DC Mark 6?

Is the gantry being sold separately?
Yes you can get it on its own but it's a little more expensive compared to buying it with the Mark 6. You also don't get the under armor bits. That's only included in the 2 pack.

Mark 6 - $365
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-20-hot-toys-912103
Mark 6 & Gantry - $655
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-20-hot-toys-912103?var=9121032
Gantry - $335
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-suit-up-gantry-hot-toys-912104

I know we only have a small sample of proto pics and the description, but beside the gantry and addition suit up internal parts and helmet, is anyone seeing anything anywhere that this armor is different than the original DC Mark 6?
I owned the VI for years and it looks identical in every way to me. Had to be some retooling for the change-out internal parts included with the gantry and removable neck for the switch-out head but otherwise it's the same figure.

So DC IM mk VI 2.0 (or 1.5) with Tony Stank headsculpt 2.0? 😂

How many Tony Stark headsculpts will they try until they nail it 100% or at least close to a 100%?

Either way, great for those that missed out on the original DC. Price is steep though for the full package.

Whu....what is holding up that figure as he walks down the stairs? I assumed there would be a dynamic stand that they just painted out in the promo photos.
That is rather curious. What would be cool (rather than a dynamic stand) is if they added another gantry arm that reached to his backside with a figure clamp. It could have the same design details as the other arms and fit right in. The clamp could be gun metal gray too or even hot rod red to blend in with the suit.

I'll wait for this in the BOGO sale in 2024.. probably another overproduced Iron Man.. No room for the gantry so no interest. I think overall Iron Man fatigue is very real for me personally.

Back