1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping he’d do a custom sculpt.

May need to buy one but it’s sure going to suck to pour another $300 into this figure between the sculpt and painting.
As much as I love Windu I can't feasibly put 300 dollars towards a HS and paint for it. I'd rather put that towards a new HT. I can accept this Windu as a Windu with a very intense stare, and if a ROTS Windu comes, I'll just have to handle that then.

As much as I love Windu I can't feasibly put 300 dollars towards a HS and paint for it. I'd rather put that towards a new HT. I can accept this Windu as a Windu with a very intense stare, and if a ROTS Windu comes, I'll just have to handle that then.
This is where I'm stuck.

The sculpt, a paint job by a good painter, shipping for all of that, is probably going to run what, another $350-400?

Just waiting out another Mace figure would cost less than that (but close), plus time. It might be better. It might not. Based on Dean Tolliver's track record, his Mace sculpt will be great.

Part of me would rather just buy the sculpt and get it painted and not have to worry about waiting for another version that may or may not be better. As we've seen with Luke and Obi-Wan, later attempts from Hot Toys doesn't always mean better.

This is where I'm stuck.

The sculpt, a paint job by a good painter, shipping for all of that, is probably going to run what, another $350-400?

Just waiting out another Mace figure would cost less than that (but close), plus time. It might be better. It might not. Based on Dean Tolliver's track record, his Mace sculpt will be great.

Part of me would rather just buy the sculpt and get it painted and not have to worry about waiting for another version that may or may not be better. As we've seen with Luke and Obi-Wan, later attempts from Hot Toys doesn't always mean better.
I understand that. I do think however that waiting it out may be the better call here - I believe Mace was just before HT did the "oh **** InArt" push- giving everyone rolling eyeballs, etc.

I get the feeling this is their tactic to ensure they don’t get stuck with a lot of these. Now people will hop on the waitlist out of FOMO and order the second the email hits, lol.

It's the same nonsense as "XY people have this in their cart" or "XY people are watching this right now". It's just a sales practice.

Man is the sculpt rough.

qzHTAbv.jpeg
Showed this to my non collector friend and even he said it was terrible.

This and ANH Luke are up there with the worst HT sculpts ever.

Showed this to my non collector friend and even he said it was terrible.

This and ANH Luke are up there with the worst HT sculpts ever.
Some people scoff at the opinions of someone that doesn’t collect toys…

But as I’ve learned over the years…those are precisely the opinions we need to listen to 🤣

And your friend is right. This, ANH Luke and ROTJ Luke are among HT’s worst of the worst.

Some people scoff at the opinions of someone that doesn’t collect toys…

But as I’ve learned over the years…those are precisely the opinions we need to listen to 🤣

And your friend is right. This, ANH Luke and ROTJ Luke are among HT’s worst of the worst.
Usually the non-collectors are the ones that are most impressed by 1/6 figures, so if they say it's awful then it must be :lol.

I ordered this from my local shop. He gives a $15 coupon and I’ll save on shipping. Even if it’s mediocre, I bought all of the other aotc figures and would miss it on the shelf. It looks better in the mrc video. Oh well, my wife’s hair salon visit costs $300+ so I deserve my overpriced, mediocre doll.

I ordered this from my local shop. He gives a $15 coupon and I’ll save on shipping. Even if it’s mediocre, I bought all of the other aotc figures and would miss it on the shelf. It looks better in the mrc video. Oh well, my wife’s hair salon visit costs $300+ so I deserve my overpriced, mediocre doll.
Ribbit

Usually the non-collectors are the ones that are most impressed by 1/6 figures, so if they say it's awful then it must be :lol.

Exactly!!

My wife and a couple of my friends made me realize “huh…yknow what?…they miiiiight have a point…these figures, that I convinced myself looks EXACTLY like the actors, actually don’t. Oh ****, sonuva*****!!”

😅😅😅

I did a quick little paint over of Fury. Just removed the scars and hair. Already looks much more like Mace!

View attachment 703759
If they literally just did what you did there with the Fury sculpt it would’ve been perfect for me.

As it stands, still cancelling mine from OSK (or finding someone to take over the order).

I don’t buy placeholder figures. If we get another improved Mace down the line, great, if not then whatever I’d rather not have one than have this trash.

I was not planning to get the figure, have no dog in the fight, but this is a clear miss by HT again.

You are paying near 300, this isn't as bad as Tobey, but this does leave a bad taste in the mouth for those who now will pony up for another subpar release.

No disagreement on the sculpt being off. I'm still getting it, putting the CW gauntlets on him and standing him with my other CW jedi. At Detolf viewing distance (that's precisely 5 feet, 3 inches) it'll look good in the display. No disagreement on the sculpt miss, but I'm still going to be good with this representing CW Mace... Never thought I'd keep my SS in the Detolf after getting this, but just might to keep that AOTC Mace next to Jango...

No disagreement on the sculpt being off. I'm still getting it, putting the CW gauntlets on him and standing him with my other CW jedi. At Detolf viewing distance (that's precisely 5 feet, 3 inches) it'll look good in the display. No disagreement on the sculpt miss, but I'm still going to be good with this representing CW Mace... Never thought I'd keep my SS in the Detolf after getting this, but just might to keep that AOTC Mace next to Jango...
My plan is that if a ROTS Mace pulls up and (hopefully) has a better sculpt, this becomes the CW Mace. For now though, he will stand next to Yoda, looking very intense.

This video is yet another Justin like presentation (good lord can’t people be original for once please??), but on the bright side (literally) it’s short, no narration.

View attachment 703631View attachment 703632View attachment 703633View attachment 703634

So a couple of things:

this channel is either a TW channel or it’s another poor sap that got seduced by TW and are groomed to be the next Justin (as in really early reviews).

But I ain’t gonna support anything related to TW. I didn’t know this channel was sponsored by TW, so it’ll be the last video I watch of theirs.

So for early reviews, I’ll stick with MRC.

Anyways, these pics CLEARLY show how off the Mace portrait is.

I’m sorry for being so adamant about this and potentially pissing off some members I’m cool with…but I just don’t understand how anyone can get behind this figure and lie to themselves that it ‘looks close enough”. There’s NOTHING close enough here 😅😅.

My ethnicity is Chinese, and normally I’d be bothered with remarks like “looks Asian”…

But yo, this mutha***** looks ASIAN.

I wish people would stop letting FOMO get the better of them. By purchasing this, you’re rewarding the clowns behind the figure. They’re absolutely taking advantage of everyone.

Holy tap dancing Christ on a stick…for every Mando Luke or OWK Vader, we get bantha poodoo like this. HT just makes it so difficult for me to ‘forgive them and move on’…but they keep doing stupid **** like this.
Ok I give. He does look Asian from some POVs 😂
How is this video not getting stricken for copyright? Must EVERYTHING TW does be friggin shady as hell? Wish they’d clean up their act!

Back