1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did the exact same thing with TV series Ahsoka. Why is it out the realm of possibility that they'd do it with Mace?

First release was "Man-soka" as I've grown to call it. Second release used Dawson's likeness. It's a easy tactic to get people to buy the character twice.
Not at all the same scenario. The Ahsoka figures in this example had active content behind them. The first Ahsoka was from Mando, the second from the Ahsoka series...both shows that were airing at the time. And the second Ahsoka has a different costume, which makes it more palatable to people who already bought the first.

Assuming HT would revisit Mace with a new sculpt (and essentially the same costume) when the first figure hasn't even been waitlisted yet is pretty far-fetched. Especially for anniversary content. Also, believe it or not, this current Mace does use SLJ's likeness. It just isn't very good.

HT doesn't have unlimited manufacturing capacity. It's very doubtful they'd circle back to this while they have other figures they're contractually obligated to deliver.

Also, believe it or not, this current Mace does use SLJ's likeness. It just isn't very good.

I'm going to disagree big time on that. While there are times when a sculpt isn't very good, this is not one of those times. These are not amateurs sculpting these things.

It is so in-your-face inaccurate that there really is no room for that argument. You can't convince me of this. The likeness is purposely not being used and the only reason I can come up with for that is that a second Windu is coming (who looks essentially identical making it a hard sell) but that will use SLJ's likeness but again, just my opinion.

I'm going to disagree big time on that. While there are times when a sculpt isn't very good, this is not one of those times. These are not amateurs sculpting these things.

It is so in-your-face inaccurate that there really is no room for that argument. You can't convince me of this. The likeness is purposely not being used and the only reason I can come up with for that is that a second Windu is coming (who looks essentially identical making it a hard sell) but that will use SLJ's likeness but again, just my opinion.
Disagree all you want, but it’s right here in the sell sheet. Again, I don’t love the sculpt either, but HT has had their misses even when trying.
IMG_8329.jpeg

Disagree all you want, but it’s right here in the sell sheet. Again, I don’t love the sculpt either, but HT has had their misses even when trying. View attachment 695746
The HT product details says it, so ignore what my eyes clearly see (or don't see) and just take that discription as gospel. Lol. Ok.

If that is what you need to feel like the figure resembles SLJ, more power to you.

The HT product details says it, so ignore what my eyes clearly see (or don't see) and just take that discription as gospel. Lol. Ok.

If that is what you need to feel like the figure resembles SLJ, more power to you.
It doesn’t resemble him. At all. But you’re suggesting they aren’t “using the likeness” to infer another Mace figure is coming soon. Your logic needs more logic. There’s no grand conspiracy at work here. But keep hope alive, I guess.

It doesn’t resemble him. At all. But you’re suggesting they aren’t “using the likeness” to infer another Mace figure is coming soon. Your logic needs more logic. There’s no grand conspiracy at work here. But keep hope alive, I guess.
I'm just guessing about the second figure. But there's no reality that exists where I actually believe this sculpt is based on SLJ's likeness. Marketing fluff and false advertising isn't anything new.

You: Sculpt looks nothing like him
Also you: HT says it so it must be true

And you wanna bring up logic?

I'm just guessing about the second figure. But there's no reality that exists where I actually believe this sculpt is based on SLJ's likeness. Marketing fluff and false advertising isn't anything new.

You: Sculpt looks nothing like him
Also you: HT says it so it must be true

And you wanna bring up logic?
You: HT isn’t using the likeness
Me: they are, it’s just a poor effort
You: I refuse to believe that because I want a better figure and one is certainly on the way because I have decreed it so

You: HT isn’t using the likeness
Me: they are, it’s just a poor effort
You: I refuse to believe that because I want a better figure and one is certainly on the way because I have decreed it so
So words like "imo" and "I'm guessing" which I used regarding a second figure, apparently translate to "I decreed a better figure is coming" lol. Uh huh..

Got it.

We done here? Have a lovely day/night, pal.

So words like "imo" and "I'm guessing" which I used regarding a second figure, apparently translate to "I decreed a better figure is coming" lol. Uh huh..

Got it.

We done here? Have a lovely day/night, pal.
Sounds to me like you just don’t want anyone to question your well-informed opinion. But yeah, more than happy to be done here, champ.

The likeness isn’t spot on, but I still pre ordered this. On page 12 @fatmarco did some photoshop and tweaked some colors and features and it helps IMO.

Yeah it definitely isn't one of their best. Which is strange with how they've done a few SLJ's before as Nick Fury.

But I wouldn't go as far as them purposely not using his likeness so they can do another Mace in a few years, that is conspiracy theory territory lol.

Yeah I mean it's not perfect but it's clearly SLJ. I'll be picking it up.
Yeah, I think it's inferior to their Nick Fury offerings in general but I would recognize it as SLJ with just a head shot, minus any indication of his jedi robes. Again, one of their poorer efforts that I hope improves with production.

Anytime someone mentions actor likeness I will direct them to Jazzinc’s most recent video which is highly enlightening, basically SLJ has a lot of say over the product, if he wants and can take months or years to approve.
That's pretty cool to hear. It's always fun to know when certain actors actually take the time to look at these things themselves. Johnny Depp used to be this way for a little while and JND just mentioned how Michelle Pfeiffer recently approved their Catwoman sculpt for her.

It's fascinating. If my eye see's exactly zero SLJ in the sculpt but others say it's almost perfect but needs work...

I struggle to understand the disconnect in opinions, regarding this. Yeah, pretty interesting.

It's a random bald black man wearing Windu garb to me. 🤷

Last edited:
It's fascinating. If my eye see's exactly zero SLJ in the sculpt but others say it's almost perfect but needs work...

I struggle to understand the disconnect in opinions, regarding this. Yeah, pretty interesting.

It's a random bald black man on wearing Windu garb to me. 🤷
These boards wouldn't thrive if everyone thought the same thing. :cool:

Back