1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh, these last few releases, it really looks like HT has stepped up their headsculpt game. The realism is just crazy good.

Hopefully they're able to pull Bespin Han out of the mothballs and give us the Ford sculpt we've been waiting for.

After reviewing the promo pics multiple times today, I can see what might've enhanced the likeness here...slightly upturned eyes and a little furrow in the brow. Most of the images of Mace feature just a bit of 'tude and giving this portrait some would combat the almost static vacant stare.

1672439071161.png
1672439144611.png

1672439309926.png
1672439362623.png

It's still pretty good as is. But some attitude would help.

For some reason this is the figure I’ve been most waiting for HT to tackle. Not really even sure why as Mace isn’t a favorite character of mine. After you watch Clone Wars you realize what a giant dick he is :lol

Maybe that Sideshow figure needing a massive upgrade after all these years? Hopefully they work on the head and give him SERS to match Padme and Anakin. Being more expensive than Padmé he really should have movable eyes.

I do love the inclusion of the Clone Wars armor. Gives me hope CW Obi-II Wan will still happen as we’ll have Anakin and Mace to go with him.

While it's definitely nice to have PERS, I'm totally okay with not having them for this one personally. Absolutely LOVE that they included the Clone Wars armor. I might have to grab two of them because of that. Hopefully TCW Obi makes his way to use at some point soon

After reviewing the promo pics multiple times today, I can see what might've enhanced the likeness here...slightly upturned eyes and a little furrow in the brow. Most of the images of Mace feature just a bit of 'tude and giving this portrait some would combat the almost static vacant stare.

View attachment 615564 View attachment 615574

View attachment 615575 View attachment 615576

It's still pretty good as is. But some attitude would help.
You know what HT always says- ‘Sith Lords Vacant Stares are our speciality.’

Mace Windon't.
Mace Windu I look like I give a ****!!

Hot toys barely making the "20th anniversary" release on this one 😂. Super happy they finally have his mug up though, I was just thinking of grabbing the crappy sideshow one a couple months back.

Looking at the pics on Sideshow, the side profile looks ok, i think people are right that the expression is off. It could be that we just always see mace with an expression and the lack thereof throws off the head on pics

I wonder if we will now get a Hot Toys Palpatine for him to fight?
No?
“It’s treason then.”

Attachments

• 5ACCF5F9-465B-441D-B108-10D093F44B07.jpeg
    5ACCF5F9-465B-441D-B108-10D093F44B07.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 046CBF6D-0AD7-4C61-B80B-A40984C98DFC.jpeg
    046CBF6D-0AD7-4C61-B80B-A40984C98DFC.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
  • A76FA277-B2B0-4F7E-8882-850B2DA4B424.jpeg
    A76FA277-B2B0-4F7E-8882-850B2DA4B424.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
I'll have to skip Mace because I axed the Jedi Council idea (I couldn't justify Kit Fisto and the such, and Mace alone would break my Anakin/Obi-Wan display), but I'd be in for any Chancellor Palpatine outfit. Ideally I'd prefer a ROTS 2-Pack though. Red Robed Naughty Sheev and Black Robed Maniacal Sidious. I'd like to display him as Chancellor, with a guard or two. Maybe a ROTS Padme next to him for a mini Republic display. It'd be a nice contrast to the Empire display with him as the Emperor, Thrawn and the such. It's sad that we'll never get an adaptation of the Plagueis novel, so that we could get Young Sheev and Plagueis dollies.

It’s def a certain angles/lighting thing with him. Not as intense in some of these shots but still awesome nonetheless.

Back