1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...phase 1 helmet on the Shiny looks sooooooo good.
I know the "whiskers" around the mouth are the main inaccuracy, but I honestly don't mind. I bet they made a decision that from afar it doesn't show up if they make it too thin. Or mass production of a mistake sent them down a path they couldn't return from. This same discussion is hot in the Clone Pilot forum. I am just glad we have these clones in 1/6th scale. The beauty is that there is just enough dirt and wear on them to look like they have been through something and not pristine.

I know the "whiskers" around the mouth are the main inaccuracy, but I honestly don't mind. I bet they made a decision that from afar it doesn't show up if they make it too thin. Or mass production of a mistake sent them down a path they couldn't return from. This same discussion is hot in the Clone Pilot forum. I am just glad we have these clones in 1/6th scale. The beauty is that there is just enough dirt and wear on them to look like they have been through something and not pristine.
The frustrating thing is that a decade ago Sideshow managed to get the phase1 helmet correct..... so why HT fail????

The frustrating thing is that a decade ago Sideshow managed to get the phase1 helmet correct..... so why HT fail????
yeah, I really don't know--what I do know is that someone somewhere either was told to change it, or had to get approval for producing it, possibly from Lucasfilm themselves. HT might have just sent their designs off and got the thumbs up through an email from Lucasfilm and went to town. I mean color and sculpt inaccuracies are all over the place with so many characters. The people at the production stages of these things are not as eagle-eyed as we are about these things.

You are glad. But you could have been more glad.

340339558_181043368081026_8251742175569325208_n.jpg

the first of many...

Glad to hear. 501st is still the favorite for me but there’s no denying there’s something special about the all white armor.

Looks like you’re going to need more shelf space.
I'm quite surprised that the armor is kinda worn out with slightly battle-damaged touches.

Back