1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder, anyone know how much stock was produced for the 2022 releases of SW? Everything more or less of 22 is hanging around in SS’s warehouse. Must stink to not be able to get it out. Who on earth is managing this? Now they’re even worse by under-producing the latest/new figures.

Fire whole SS management team!

Never saw the DC-15 carbine in AOTC, thought it was never implemented or even designed at that stage. But after reviewing the battle on geonosis, I found some red clones and grunts holding the weapon in the background. Cool!

Never saw the DC-15 carbine in AOTC, thought it was never implemented or even designed at that stage. But after reviewing the battle on geonosis, I found some red clones and grunts holding the weapon in the background. Cool!
never noticed that myself! cool to know the carbine was on screen in AOTC. Still, would be nice if HT could do the proper movie versions of the carbine and rifle for once

1677708834839.png

No. 1

1677708883220.png

No. 2

Wonder, anyone know how much stock was produced for the 2022 releases of SW?

Somewhere between "too much" and "wtf are we going to do".

raiders-lost.gif

Everything more or less of 22 is hanging around in SS’s warehouse. Must stink to not be able to get it out. Who on earth is managing this? Now they’re even worse by under-producing the latest/new figures.

Combination of multiple factors most likely.

Oversaturation: Too many figures coming out at the same time. Figures of popular new and legacy characters and just a ton of troopers all from big franchises had to compete with each other.

Overconfidence: I love troopers but they really over estimated how well some of these would sell. Shoretroopers and Stormtrooper SL were fine, but others like the Artillery, Transport, and Tank Commander were a bit more niche. They shouldn't have made/ordered so many.

Declining Interest: A lot of theses came out during a time where there was a lull in media to get people excited. There was also a decline in buying collectibles following the crazy boom at the height of the pandemic.

Bad Timing: Some of the figures just came out too late, years after the films or shows they were in. Impulse buyers, bandwagoners, and collectors who have to be selective for space and budget had long since moved on.

Sales Mentality: Once you let Pandora out of her box, there's no going back. As soon as they started upping the amount and frequency of discounts on these figures, the less people are inclined to go out and buy them.

never noticed that myself! cool to know the carbine was on screen in AOTC. Still, would be nice if HT could do the proper movie versions of the carbine and rifle for once
Wow they used CW blasters in the movies? That’s crazy! Who would’ve known that CW had an impact on the films well before the CW was even considered!

Wow they used CW blasters in the movies? That’s crazy! Who would’ve known that CW had an impact on the films well before the CW was even considered!
Don't be arrogant. After all, these are just toys.

He's right that the blasters we see from HT are different from the ones shown on screen. Most significant being DC-15E.

they didn't use clone wars versions in the movies, they used the movie ones. HT ones (carbine and rifle) are not based on the movies designs. You lost this debate on reddit and were downvoted into oblivion by everyone and you blocked me so I could not respond to you, no need to start it here again

Don't be arrogant. After all, these are just toys.

He's right that the blasters we see from HT are different from the ones shown on screen. Most significant being DC-15E.
I build clone armor and we have to use movie accurate props. The hot toys blasters are NOT clone wars blasters. I don’t understand why that’s so hard to grasp.

they didn't use clone wars versions in the movies, they used the movie ones. HT ones (carbine and rifle) are not based on the movies designs. You lost this debate on reddit and were downvoted into oblivion by everyone and you blocked me so I could not respond to you, no need to start it here again
I love this “yOu LoSt ThE dEbAtE oN rEdDiT” mentality you have 😂

You have zero evidence to support your claim and you really think a bunch of Reddit idiots are the final say in what is and isn’t? I’ve been downvoted for speaking facts before, doesn’t mean I’m wrong :)

I think you’re just salty because you know you’re wrong and tryin to cope by insisting I “lost” the argument. I went ahead and showed your post to my 501st friends and we had a good laugh at your ignorance. And I’ll keep laughing at it 🤣

HT blasters are not the movie ones, they use the design that is used on all realistic clones wars figures including by Sideshow, Hasbro etc.
The movie blasters were never made by HT

The weapons they include are the "realistic" Clone Wars weapons which originally were unused props built by LFL that served as the basis for the animated designs, hence why all realistic Clone Wars figures by all sorts of companies use the design, it is the official realistic look for the Clone Wars weapons.

The movie weapons are usually made for movie based figures (like SHFigarts etc) but HT didn't bother to create movie weapons, they just repacked the Clone Wars ones.

DC-15a_Blaster_Rifle.jpg

Edit: here is a Hasbro movie figure with movie weapon (despite Hasbro often getting things wrong like HT did)
c.jpg

And here is a Hasbro realistic Clone Wars figure with realistic Clone Wars version weapon:

d.jpg

Last edited:
HT blasters are not the movie ones, they use the design that is used on all realistic clones wars figures including by Sideshow, Hasbro etc.

The weapons they include are the "realistic" Clone Wars weapons which originally were unused props built by LFL that served as the basis for the animated designs, hence why all realistic Clone Wars figures by all sorts of companies use the design, it is the official realistic look for the Clone Wars weapons.

The movie weapons are usually made for movie based figures (like SHFigarts etc) but HT didn't bother to create movie weapons, they just repacked the Clone Wars ones.

View attachment 625989
You literally proved yourself wrong my guy 😂

View attachment 625989
I don’t know how many more times I have to tell you that the animated blasters look NOTHING like the ones we have. They are hyper stylized and the differences are obvious to someone like me.

You trying to gaslight people into thinking they’re one of the same isn’t gonna work.

I don’t know how many more times I have to tell you that the animated blasters look NOTHING like the ones we have. They are hyper stylized and the differences are obvious to someone like me.

You trying to gaslight people into thinking they’re one of the same isn’t gonna work.
everything in the cartoon is hyper stylised, but that hyper stylised weapon was adapted from the unused realistic prop and that realistic prop became the default official realistic depiction Clone Wars rifle in all toys/media, distinct from the actual movie weapons.

you really didn't read my posts just like last time. I really am beginning to think you are just a troll who joined up here to continue being a troll haha
I have provided you with evidence that says you are wrong and you have chosen to ignore said evidence. And now you’re attempting to “gotcha” me with something that doesn’t even help your case.

If you can’t tell the difference between animated and realistic that’s fine. Lots of people can’t tell the difference. I have tried to show you but you are too stubborn. It’s a lost cause.

Back