1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the images we have seen they did not fix the phase 1 helmet issues and all images show them with non movie weapons despite being AOTC figures but as said the stripes are something that can be fixed with paint so they easily could do it. I think when it comes out the stripes will be there but the phase 1 helmet will retain all the issues from prototype and the weapons will reamain the Clone Wars versions.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised
The weapons are not clone wars versions.

Here is what a movie version rifle should look like sculpt-wise
IMG_20230215_180620_741.png

So, another "we crave for accuracy" nonsense.

Last edited:
They are realistic versions of Clone Wars versions. Clone wars weapons were based on unused props that were never used in movies but were converted to animated style for the 2008 Clone Wars show. The actual movie weapons have never been made by HT
I’m not going to bother wasting my time attempting to debate this.

Very tempted to buy a bunch and try this. A fairly straight forward paint job even for an amateur. Just a case of finding close matches for the colours.

693441A5-4ACB-49EC-AEB9-BC4948EF74E5.png

Very tempted to buy a bunch and try this. A fairly straight forward paint job even for an amateur. Just a case of finding close matches for the colours.

View attachment 625946

Maybe get 4 more while you’re able to and hold onto them for a while without painting them to see what Hot Toys does.

They’ve brought out the Commander multiple times so that may still be on the way. And the others would be easy repaints as con exclusives or something.

Captain and Lieutenant I could see them doing some day. Only one you may end up needing to do might be the green Sergeant though they could do that one too.

E1703088-D6FC-432C-9703-1C99A207B336.jpeg

Maybe get 4 more while you’re able to and hold onto them for a while without painting them to see what Hot Toys does.

They’ve brought out the Commander multiple times so that may still be on the way. And the others would be easy repaints as con exclusives or something.

Captain and Lieutenant I could see them doing some day. Only one you may end up needing to do might be the green Sergeant though they could do that one too.

View attachment 625952
I forgot they showed a prototype of the commander.

It’s definitely worth picking a few up, and making some phase 2 variants instead. Ones that Hot Toys will likely never make. Mace Windu’s 187th Battalion and Doom’s battalion both come to mind.

I forgot they showed a prototype of the commander.

It’s definitely worth picking a few up, and making some phase 2 variants instead. Ones that Hot Toys will likely never make. Mace Windu’s 187th Battalion and Doom’s battalion both come to mind.

Since availability of these might be an issue, those could technically be done with any Clone release. Just involves an extra step of stripping the paint off. 501st, CG, future 212th, etc.

Although now that you’ve said it, they might make a 187th convention exclusive. :lol

I have customs in mind but don’t plan on using any of these as a base since it’ll be harder to get a clean looking Clone than the other way around.

Back