1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always knew I'd probably lose money on them.

DisgustingCanineAstarte-size_restricted.gif

I think those three wires in the arms are going to be a pain. Look at how stiff Hot Toys makes some of their stuff like the posable stand. I'm sure they'll hold up over time, but I can see them being difficult to pose.

Pleasantly surprised that Hot Toys had the restraint to make the nano-arms the deluxe bonus, rather than the other way around. Could be fun to have both, like swap just one leg for a nano-leg and have Ock looking over at it while grappling with Spidey, implying the moment of transition like in the movie.

Everything besides the face looks good. Absolute show-stopper that mug though, not in a good way. Kills my entire interest in the figure.

I understand reference for this one could have been difficult, with the de-aging production was doing, HT was probably working from a small handful of unfinished frames. But even so, the general target for their de-aging is Spider-man 2 anyway with a slightly different hair style, so they should have worked from SM2 as a basis (which there is plenty of reference available) and then made adjustments for the NWH differences. This sculpt looks like they based the entire thing on maybe one still frame from one early trailer.
Just give me SM2's face with NWH's hair and I'm happy.

I understand that the Otto sculpt may still be in the same early stage of development as the Norman sculpt and they simply didn't have a mask to fall back on for the reveal of this one, hoping it gets revised. Tony did, and the backlash for this one is way worse, so I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
I’m glad hot toys finally decided to tackle the doc but I’m not sure about the sculpt. Looks a bit too goofy instead of menacing. The tentacles say they have a wire inside. I’m curious how exactly they will be executed and what the articulation will be like. The Toys Era version tentacles are amazing and modular. Not sure how hot toys will be able to top that with a wire.

Hot Toys should've given him a more neutral but fitting expression, something like this:
View attachment 561058

J.C Hong has already stated the sculpt isn't final which is good but seriously, unless the character is know for their iconic smile/laugh they should never go for these type of sculpts, a smirk, frown, etc, will almost always look better then these goofy sculpts with teeth showing, I'm worried for Green Goblin now.

I fully agree. This is exactly the expression they should've gone with. It seems odd to make a sculpt that's based on one line.

I’m glad hot toys finally decided to tackle the doc but I’m not sure about the sculpt. Looks a bit too goofy instead of menacing. The tentacles say they have a wire inside. I’m curious how exactly they will be executed and what the articulation will be like. The Toys Era version tentacles are amazing and modular. Not sure how hot toys will be able to top that with a wire.

The tentacles on the Toys ERA one are really the best way to do it. Makes it going to last a long time too.

To be fair, durability is not the focus for HT.

I think what they mean is there is a wire going through the jointed ligaments. Each tentacle has 3 wires going through it, one for each corner of the ligament. This is a better shot of it:
trLzYI0.jpeg

itRbUtd.jpg

Along with holding their position, the tentacles can never get twisted out of alignment. The yellow stripe always lines up perfectly. It looks like there is an internal spine within them, so I believe they are still jointed as well. So they might be sturdier than the Toys Era version.
Man, the nanotech tentacles look so much cooler. They feel as "busy" as the SM2 design and at a glance, that goes a long way. The sculpted detail also makes them feel like a significant-enough upgrade over the TE.

Come to think of it, the red bits on the nanotech tentacles might even help make up for the lack of color inside the pincers. In SM2, they had red and blue lights which gave them a nice pop. Here, the standard pincers are completely grey on the inside, no color whatsoever. They need a bit of red somewhere, in some way.

Yeah, I think I'm going deluxe on this. Helps that it's not a super bright red like the Iron Man armor, they picked a shade that goes well with the rest of Otto's color scheme.

This will more than likely be revamped in a few months and updated just like the Scarlett Witch head sculpt was. For me, the hair is really throwing it off. I wonder how different the face could look with different hair..then again using that expression was taking a big chance.

I do agree the nano-arms have more shelf "pop" than the standard arms.

The standard arms are also not wholly accurate to SM2 anyway, so the red variation is a mild adjustment. Given the outfit change and the glasses change and the hairstyle change... why not a tentacle change?

For those already with the Toys Era Doc Ock, absolutely double-dip for the NWH Doc with nano-arms.

I do agree the nano-arms have more shelf "pop" than the standard arms.

The standard arms are also not wholly accurate to SM2 anyway, so the red variation is a mild adjustment. Given the outfit change and the glasses change and the hairstyle change... why not a tentacle change?

For those already with the Toys Era Doc Ock, absolutely double-dip for the NWH Doc with nano-arms.
I was thinking the same thing. Probably keep the TE version for the SM2 representation and possibly get the HT deluxe version if I like the final product once released for NWH representation.

I preordered it cause I want a 1/6th scale doc ock but idk maybe it’ll get better later but it doesn’t scream doc ock to me sadly .

So I still want the Toys Era version because it’s the younger version

anyone agree?

So I still want the Toys Era version because it’s the younger version

anyone agree?
yes I suppose so. I've little doubt in the end the HT version will be better but the TE is perfectly acceptable.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the HT version being worth $300 if it had no tentacles at all. It doesnt seem like a very good price.

Lol they can't even get ONE headsculpt right..you really think they'll give you TWO?! :rotfl
I mean, if this one isn't final, and they're going to sculpt another one anyway, just keep this iteration for NWH, and sculpt a SM2 version as well.

Heck, make it part of the deluxe set, or offer a third set for a few bucks more?

I know, I know, it'll never happen, but a man can dream...

I actually like the expression. True he doesn’t smile like that for most of the film, but the character as he was in SM2 did have a lot of dry, sarcastic wit about him that I’m glad to see represented here. I think the smile itself looks perfectly fine and resembles what Molina’s mouth looks like, for me the likeness starts falling off once you get to the nose, eyes, and especially hair.

Back