1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I see a promo video of a recently announced figure, I assume that sales are low on it. See it on controversial/underwhelming figures. You can look back at the history of Hot Toys posts on Facebook and see the trends. The sculpt was demolished on there and makes you wonder how much the sculpt will actually be improved if they are just showing a video of it again.

They should on every figure. Any open mouth expressions get trashed. I think the only one I've liked that I own is Knightmare Batman.
I actually like the expression on this sculpt and am glad they went with it - the likeness is just a complete abomination.

I can see the potential in shots like this for example:
1645110248671.png

I wouldn't mind just a grumpy frown
Agreed. Open mouth seems fine on Batman face plates, but didn't work for Luke and now this.
Yeah ideally two heads should be included, in my opinion, one with a neutral/stern expression and another more expressive.
I like it, but it would drive up the price. Swap out mouth plates seems to be the best alternative, but that only works for certain figures.

I think the problem was from rewatching the trailer again, that expression is the only clear one that Doc Ock has in it. Maybe they were handcuffed on that, I don't know.

It’s like he was stung by bees… tried to have the swelling surgically fixed and they botched that, so he went with a healthy dose of Botox to try and rectify the mess he’s made.
He looks like a cross between Cher and Grimace from McDonalds.

It’s just the most atrocious sculpt I’ve seen from HT since I started collecting. Holy Hell.

Im also not too happy with the mold for the sunglasses either. The bar cross the top should just be a straight line rather than curve down on the ends. Kinda throws off the look.

Feels like all their attention for this prototype went into the arms and everything else was secondary. They probably got the whole figure together and were getting ready to photograph, then went "Oh $#%! he doesn't have a head! We forgot to make the head!" "Someone sculpt something, anything quickly !"

This was probably just a practice sculpt someone did, to get a feel for his face and Howard grabbed it out of their hands.

Im also not too happy with the mold for the sunglasses either. The bar cross the top should just be a straight line rather than curve down on the ends. Kinda throws off the look.

Feels like all their attention for this prototype went into the arms and everything else was secondary. They probably got the whole figure together and were getting ready to photograph, then went "Oh $#%! he doesn't have a head! We forgot to make the head!" "Someone sculpt something, anything quickly !"

This was probably just a practice sculpt someone did, to get a feel for his face and Howard grabbed it out of their hands.
Oh the glasses are terrible. The frame is so thick and the lenses so wrongly shaped that they look like safety glasses or something. Even if they redid the sculpt if they don’t redo the glasses too, it’s still going to look bad.

Sorry if this has been talked about but i'm assuming they're going to make a Tobey older SM fig?

Sorry if this has been talked about but i'm assuming they're going to make a Tobey older SM fig?
This license is for NWH, so what is in NWH is what will be applied. You would have to get a different license for other movie likeness.

Sculptor, relaxing and sculpting for fun: “Ah this is a good Elton Jon proto sculpt.”

Howard, running by frantically and sweating: “Quick I need to use this on our new Ock body for photos. We have a deadline!”

IMO this lack of news isn't looking good for a Tobey figure, all I know is I've decided that if they don't make Tobey I'm not getting Doc Ock or Green Goblin, so I guess that's more money I'll give to Soosoo and JND instead lol

Back