1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but even his hair looked better in SM2. :lol
His hair becomes more disheveled as the movie goes on in SM2. I think NWH was targeting his later hair, not his earlier nicely parted hair.

CQCZxlL.jpg

He still looks better in SM2 overall but we're comparing his natural appearance to a digitally assisted recreation two decades later, obviously real is going to look more real. It wasn't perfect, but we're lucky his return came out as well as it did after all this time!

Since No Way Home's target was his SM2 age, that's why I suggested that Hot Toys should have based the sculpt on reference from that original movie, then made modifications to make it NWH-specific (basically, slightly different hair color/style and no 5oclock mustache). Aim for the same target the VFX were, rather than making a copy...of a copy. Go back to the source (SM2) and then make NWH tweaks as necessary. Don't make a photocopy of a photocopy and deep fry his face as a result.

Q61n67n.jpg

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the red tentacle arms contrast with the green olive drab scheme of Ock really well. It will go exceptionally well with Green Goblin in the same display.

However, the OG is the only version you need.

So after watching the Sideshow unboxing of Classic Spider-Man, I guess the way they're gonna do Doc Ock's tentacles will be akin to how they made Scorpion's tail.

His hair becomes more disheveled as the movie goes on in SM2. I think NWH was targeting his later hair, not his earlier nicely parted hair.

CQCZxlL.jpg

He still looks better in SM2 overall but we're comparing his natural appearance to a digitally assisted recreation two decades later, obviously real is going to look more real. It wasn't perfect, but we're lucky his return came out as well as it did after all this time!

Since No Way Home's target was his SM2 age, that's why I suggested that Hot Toys should have based the sculpt on reference from that original movie, then made modifications to make it NWH-specific (basically, slightly different hair color/style and no 5oclock mustache). Aim for the same target the VFX were, rather than making a copy...of a copy. Go back to the source (SM2) and then make NWH tweaks as necessary. Don't make a photocopy of a photocopy and deep fry his face as a result.

Q61n67n.jpg
Geeze, that third party ock had a better likeness than the hot toys one. It also had the silver tentacles.

Something I noticed was the serious false advertising regarding the length of the tentacles in some of these photos on Hot Toys part. In the first image with the figure stand it can be seen that the tentacles would only raise him up an inch or so off the ground.

In their next two photos they’ve made the tentacles appear as if they go on forever, with him elevated 4-5 inches in the air minimum. Unless I’m missing something, that just ain’t happening with what’s included. Kind of disappointing.

I hope so , Doctor Strange movie will be released soon and probably Hot Toys will announce so many figures for this movie
DS2 is in May. Plenty of time to churn out Hoody Goblin, Andrew SM, Tobey SM, Cobb Vanth, Cad Bane, Moon Knight, Batman/Batcycle, Catwoman, Black Krrsantan, Hawkeye Clint, Kate Bishop, Morbius....oh crap there's still plenty to go. :lol

DS2 is in May. Plenty of time to churn out Hoody Goblin, Andrew SM, Tobey SM, Cobb Vanth, Cad Bane, Moon Knight, Batman/Batcycle, Catwoman, Black Krrsantan, Hawkeye Clint, Kate Bishop, Morbius....oh crap there's still plenty to go. :lol
I am only interested in Tobey Spider-Man
Maybe Batman & Catwoman if I like the movie

Something I noticed was the serious false advertising regarding the length of the tentacles in some of these photos on Hot Toys part. In the first image with the figure stand it can be seen that the tentacles would only raise him up an inch or so off the ground.

In their next two photos they’ve made the tentacles appear as if they go on forever, with him elevated 4-5 inches in the air minimum. Unless I’m missing something, that just ain’t happening with what’s included. Kind of disappointing.

Yeah that is misleading unfortunately, would be cool to be able to do that. Perhaps the deluxe should've included an additional pair of extended tentacles, but then the price would be higher lol

Yeah that is misleading unfortunately, would be cool to be able to do that. Perhaps the deluxe should've included an additional pair of extended tentacles, but then the price would be higher lol
Agree completely. I think a deluxe with extended tentacles (including one that could "wrap" up Spidey) would have been far more interesting than the red tentacles - I don't think there'd be a need to have included both.

Apologies if this was already discussed, but I wonder if HT will make the tentacles modular such that they can be attached to each other. It would be cool if on the deluxe we could set him up with two extra long regular tentacles and two extra long nanotech tentacles. They wouldn't be as modular as on the Toys Era version but it would be a way to address the concern that they look too short.

Apologies if this was already discussed, but I wonder if HT will make the tentacles modular such that they can be attached to each other. It would be cool if on the deluxe we could set him up with two extra long regular tentacles and two extra long nanotech tentacles. They wouldn't be as modular as on the Toys Era version but it would be a way to address the concern that they look too short.
Doubtful. This is HT we're talking about. They only put in the effort if a competitor has outdone 'em. The Toys Era Ock was good, but since their tentacles ain't gangbusters, HT won't put in the effort with theirs either.

Hot Toys made a promo video for Doc Ock specifically noting the head sculpt which makes me think they're actually proud of this monstrosity and don't see much of an issue with it. Boy I dunno...

This shouldnt surprise people. HT knows this figure will sell so why bother spending more money fixing a problem they likely dont perceive anyway. When it comes to this kind of thing, if people didnt pre order it, only then will they take note... sadly they would likely just see it as a lack of demand rather than an issue with the fig.

It wouldnt surprise me if people hunt out and use the TE headsculpt (which people also moaned about) but now, out of the 2, I would say the TE one is looking a whole lot better (i never had a problem with the TE one anyway)

Back