1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do that for all of the Sony releases at first. They don't charge an NRD when you place the order, but you can't set up on a payment plan. I believe though once it gets closer to the expected release date, they may open it up to switch to a payment plan.
Thanks for replying. I never noticed that before. Good to know.

On display at Secret Base.
That expression just aint it. Just looks really awkward like he's doing the T2 Arnold smile or something. :slap Curious to see what the final outcome for this ends up looking like.

AmpleConfusedChevrotain-size_restricted.gif

TLeZuTw.jpg

That expression just aint it. Just looks really awkward like he's doing the T2 Arnold smile or something. :slap Curious to see what the final outcome for this ends up looking like.

TLeZuTw.jpg
Seriously, it looks fine to me. Doc Ock is an angry guy.
I think it would've been a welcome surprise if they went for a direct SM2 head sculpt, or include both SM2 and NWH heads.
Then they would have to get the license for the SM2 movie.

The sculpt is not great, but it's not the train wreck it's being made out to be. I pre-ordered the deluxe.

I daresay it even looks fine in the display image above.

TLeZuTw.jpg
All I can think of is this...

booty.jpg

DOCOCK
I came looking for Spider-Man's butt.

SPIDER-MAN
Spider-Man's butt? Excuse me?

DOCOCK
*Turns to Peter.* Oh I know who you are, Peter Parker, but see I-I calls you Peter Handsome. I watch you web-slinging all the time. So, you can go ahead bring them cameras and polices waiting outside. It don't make me no difference. Now, I tell you what... I like ya and I want ya. Now we can do this the easy way, or we can do it the hentai way the choice is yours.

SPIDER-MAN
Well I don't think you and I will be doing anything, any-kind of way.

DOCOCK
Ok, I-I see you choosin' the hentai way.

SPIDER-MAN (O.S.)
Okay, cut this isn't working, someone get this guy-

DOCOCK
*He uses his tentacles and pins Peter to the table.* Don't make me ruin the butt Peter!
I'm a scientist!

Oh come on - except for the face, glasses and hair that head sculpt is perfect! :rotfl
It makes me feel like you go to a bar and saw a chick behind like a Victoria’s Secret model and when she turn back she looks like Chucky’s bride with the face 😂 but definitely will po because I love everything else

Is there anyone checking up on Alfred Molina? He may have already seen the head sculpt and I don't want him to harm himself.

The sculpt is not great, but it's not the train wreck it's being made out to be. I pre-ordered the deluxe.

I daresay it even looks fine in the display image above.

I like to think it's a placeholder reveal and they might do better on release. To say it looks " Okay " though is not acceptable at this price point. We as collectors and with how expensive these things are should not have to settle for " Okay " sculpts.

I like to think it's a placeholder reveal and they might do better on release. To say it looks " Okay " though is not acceptable at this price point. We as collectors and with how expensive these things are should not have to settle for " Okay " sculpts.
I 100% agree with this. They've already come out and said it wasn't final, so I went ahead and pre-ordered because everything else looked great to me.

Something else I'm not liking: "Four mechanical tentacles (equipped with bendable wire)..."

Bendable wire usually isn't long-lasting. Toys Era I thought pulled an ingenious move on theirs but making them individual ball/socket segments. You can make them shorter if you like as Doc's tentacles have a maximum/minimum length.
I think what they mean is there is a wire going through the jointed ligaments. Each tentacle has 3 wires going through it, one for each corner of the ligament. This is a better shot of it:
trLzYI0.jpeg

itRbUtd.jpg

Along with holding their position, the tentacles can never get twisted out of alignment. The yellow stripe always lines up perfectly. It looks like there is an internal spine within them, so I believe they are still jointed as well. So they might be sturdier than the Toys Era version.

Sad that the better of two Alfred Molina sculpts is coming from a 3rd party bootleg. This thing is atrocious, and looks like it was sculpted by a one-armed blind monkey. Hot Toys charging Lamborghini prices all while using the D-Team. This is right up there with their god awful Mark Ruffalo head sculpt, if not worse.

I'll just wait for the in hand reviews. If it's significantly improved I'll pick it up.

Buying from Hong Kong I no longer see the point of pre-ordering. Prices upon release are usually lower than the price at pre-order.

It’s not just the smile. If his eyes were more villainous it might work, but no. His eyes look happy, like this is Alfred Molina singing Fiddler on the Roof from that Spider-Man 2 outtake.

“If I were a rich man….”

The expression is probably the last thing they will change, if anything. It would be much easier to change the hair, or darken the glasses, or even include a pair of goggles. Any one of those changes would significantly improve the presentation.

I think what they mean is there is a wire going through the jointed ligaments. Each tentacle has 3 wires going through it, one for each corner of the ligament. This is a better shot of it:
trLzYI0.jpeg

itRbUtd.jpg

Along with holding their position, the tentacles can never get twisted out of alignment. The yellow stripe always lines up perfectly. It looks like there is an internal spine within them, so I believe they are still jointed as well. So they might be sturdier than the Toys Era version.
That's actually really cool and a really good observation. Keeping the joints aligned on the tentacles really makes a huge difference in the look.

I'll be picking up the exclusive. I'm sure the portrait will ultimately turn out fine. I need to sell the knockoffs at some point. They were intended to be placeholders so I always knew I'd probably lose money on them.

Back