1/6 Hot Toys- MMS631 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Green Goblin Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real question. Since Hot Toys only gave us Goblin and not Doc Ock at the same time. Which one do you think they will give us first Andrew or Tobey? Could we also see a Deluxe Lab Coat version?
I have no doubt Hot Toys is already working on an updated Tobey and Garfield. Their recent magazine even covered the original Garfield and Tobey releases.

But again, this is Hot Toys and they're always making very confusing decisions so who knows what they're thinking. That would also mean that they're working on two new sculpts which will take forever to get approved so who knows when we'll actually see them if they are in the works.

BQqTeqE.jpg

Only thing that pisses me off is, this shouldn’t have taken so long. Hot Toys should have made this 10 YEARS ago when we were all clamoring for it. Osborn and Doc Ock. As a company, I just don’t get them. It shouldn’t have taken a new movie to make these characters “relevant” for toys. The reluctancy these toy companies have for older licenses that they OWN is ridiculous.
I'm beginning to think the only way we'll get a Jungle Hunter or Big Chap 2.0 is if they somehow appear in the next Avengers film.

I'm beginning to think the only way we'll get a Jungle Hunter or Big Chap 2.0 is if they somehow appear in the next Avengers film.
We'll get them when Disney does a Terminator/Robocop/Predator/Alien vs Avengers crossover. Until then those lines are dead. I wish they would just give up their 1/6 license for them if they're gonna let them rot the way they are. Let another company give us a new T1 Endoskeleton or those 1/4 scale figures they promised.

Another good company making new figures from those franchises would give the hobby a real shot in the arm.

The sixth scale game is very predictable, not a lot of risks being taken aside from the odd release like Godfather from Damtoys or the upcoming Kurt Cobain from Blitzway that I can't wait for.

We'll get them when Disney does a Terminator/Robocop/Predator/Alien vs Avengers crossover. Until then those lines are dead. I wish they would just give up their 1/6 license for them if they're gonna let them rot the way they are. Let another company give us a new T1 Endoskeleton or those 1/4 scale figures they promised.
That's the most frustrating thing of all. I wouldn't mind their inactivity on those properties if they didn't hog them up.

As for people saying a Hot Toys Green Goblin wouldn't have been as nice ten years ago... they may be right, but ten years ago they also might have been willing to expose the hip joints to give him better range of motion.

Nu-Hot Toys is a lottery. You're lucky if they tackle a property you like, and even luckier if they make design decisions you agree with. Only reason I'm entertaining the idea of getting a Goblin at all is because for the first time in several years, they're ticking enough boxes for me.

I have no doubt Hot Toys is already working on an updated Tobey and Garfield. Their recent magazine even covered the original Garfield and Tobey releases.

But again, this is Hot Toys and they're always making very confusing decisions so who knows what they're thinking. That would also mean that they're working on two new sculpts which will take forever to get approved so who knows when we'll actually see them if they are in the works.

BQqTeqE.jpg
That shot is one of the only shots in the movie where the Raimi suit actually looks like the Raimi suit, because it's CGI. They made the real suit that Tobey wears in the movie out of the same material as Andrews suit and they look way too similar.

Obviously the figures are better now than they would have been 10 years ago, that goes without saying. But the point DiFabio was making is that people WANTED them and were ASKING for them 10 years ago and even further back but Hot Toys seems to have an unfortunate tendency to...well, completely ignore its fans and have zero lines of communication open.

Obviously the figures are better now than they would have been 10 years ago, that goes without saying. But the point DiFabio was making is that people WANTED them and were ASKING for them 10 years ago and even further back but Hot Toys seems to have an unfortunate tendency to...well, completely ignore its fans and have zero lines of communication open.
True…

Please pass my sincere apologies to master D lol

This is what I think we'll eventually see from NWH:
  • Spider-Man (Battling Version) (Announced)
  • Spider-Man (Integrated Suit) (Announced)
  • Green Goblin (Announced)
  • Doc Ock (Teased)
  • Spider-Man (Tobey)
  • Spider-Man (Garfield)
  • Spider-Man (Final Suit)
  • Green Goblin 2.0
  • Electro 2.0
Here's my reasoning for the final three: 1) Spider-Man is the new Iron Man. No way they're not making that suit. 2) The lack of Goblin 2.0 accessories (cloak, goggles, etc.) with the GG deluxe edition says to me they're making another version, which also lets them double dip on a lot of things. 3) Electro. They've made a Foxx sculpt before and alot of the kibble has that Iron Man feel they're used to working with. Plus with the "classic" Electro power effects it would probably be a good figure.

Last edited:
Communication with Hot Toys has been non-existent since they started so as much as it sucks, it's become expected and the norm with them for forever. They seem to just run purely on whatever the hell they want and whatever sells dictates what's "popular" to them.

It's why I support SooSoo and LIMTOYS as much as possible nowadays. I think they're the few out there actively communicating with the fanbase on everything.

Update on figure release? We'll let you know. Are you guys interested in a certain figure from a certain line? We'll do a poll and see where the interests are.
Not happy with a figures sculpt or tailoring? We'll make a post saying that the sculpt is being reviewed and updated. God forbid if Hot Toys ever did that.

WaW97KA.png
K0R6yAt.png

jlfKEK5.png
KxUWhTg.png

This is what I think we'll eventually see from NWH:
  • Spider-Man (Battling Version) (Announced)
  • Spider-Man (Integrated Suit) (Announced)
  • Green Goblin (Announced)
  • Doc Ock (Teased)
  • Spider-Man (Final Suit)
  • Green Goblin 2.0
  • Electro 2.0
Here's my reasoning for the final three: 1) Spider-Man is the new Iron Man. No way they're not making that suit. 2) The lack of Goblin 2.0 accessories (cloak, goggles, etc.) with the GG deluxe edition says to me they're making another version, which also lets them double dip on a lot of things. 3) Electro. They've made a Foxx sculpt before and alot of the kibble has that Iron Man feel they're used to working with. Plus with the "classic" Electro power effects it would probably be a good figure.
Did you forget Tobey and Andrew are in this movie :lol

True…

Please pass my sincere apologies to master D lol

By the way, I'm finally seeing this film tonight. Now, aside from the scene I've watched (I believe Andrew & Toby's first scene) I'm pretty sure I've also spoilt a few major details on myself already with youtube videos and comments sections I glanced at but I'm sure I'm going to have a blast regardless.

By the way, I'm finally seeing this film tonight. Now, aside from the scene I've watched (I believe Andrew & Toby's first scene) I'm pretty sure I've also spoilt a few major details on myself already with youtube videos and comments sections I glanced at but I'm sure I'm going to have a blast regardless.
Depends how packed the theater will be because like EG it is an audience participation experience.

Communication with Hot Toys has been non-existent since they started so as much as it sucks, it's become expected and the norm with them for forever. They seem to just run purely on whatever the hell they want and whatever sells dictates what's "popular" to them.
Hot Toys used to do FAQs back in the day. IIRC, OSR would ask fans for questions and have Howard answer the most popular ones. Sure, release plans would change and it wasn't always accurate, but at least we had some form of communication back then.

Hot Toys used to do FAQs back in the day. IIRC, OSR would ask fans for questions and have Howard answer the most popular ones. Sure, release plans would change and it wasn't always accurate, but at least we had some form of communication back then.
I remember those. He would meet Howard in person at certain conventions and get questions asked but half of those things never amounted to anything since, again they just do whatever the hell they want. I remember one of those interviews where Howard said Catwoman/Penguin from Returns was still happening and look where we are. :slap

I remember those. He would meet Howard in person at certain conventions and get questions asked but half of those things never amounted to anything since, again they just do whatever the hell they want. I remember one of those interviews where Howard said Catwoman/Penguin from Returns was still happening and look where we are. :slap
He even specified which one we should expect to see first if memory serves.

Ah, yes.

Nearly a decade later and what do they do? Put out Batman Forever figures instead. You can't tell me those sold more than Penguin and Catwoman would have.

Their decision to push flavor-of-the-month characters appears to be profit-driven, but then they do something like that and you don't know what they're thinking.

Back