1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of buying the present toys one and selling the 2015 Marty.

I was also thinking of having 1 loose and 1 in the Delorean....but I can just use the Present toys version if it ever gets released.

Just thinking what to do. It's like....it's hard to part with something, even if you do not need it. I never got the guitar. Kind of now irritates me that I have not. Would have been great to create a custom Earth Angel guitar scene.

I received an email from Zavvi, that my order (placed in March) was pushed back to December. I don't believe for a second, that they'll suddenly find a large batch of unsold ones, so i cancelled. Timewasters.

Just to clarify Zavvi have not received any stock of this yet so it could still show up I guess. Some of the HK stores still have this.

I’ve been completely mad and bought an original BTTF II Marty for about £600, at the same time as a very nostalgic, expensive Dr Who Tardis play-set from 1988 (recession, what recession…there’s always ramen :/ )

I actually changed my mind and tried to cancel but it had already been dispatched.

Somewhere deep in my subconscious is a real need for that figure because seeing the film at the cinema as a 7 year old was like witnessing real magic. It means I’m one of those weirdos who likes the second film more than the original because it came out right as I was old enough to properly remember it but young enough to react with that wonderful childhood delight (which it would be so good to still experience as an adult.)

Why do things get so boring as one ages?! I’m 40 and my interests are essentially all about the past now. Most things are either total trash nowadays, with exceptions, or I’m officially old.

Ah well, I’ve been paying for the upcoming BTTF II Delorian and Marty will look rather good next to that in my new play roo……I mean office. And the ramen diet will be great for my waistline.

Oh, and I know this isn’t a popular opinion here, but I got the BTTF I Marty from Toys Wonderland, what, almost a year ago or something? They’re really good at getting stuff very early and postage isn’t too bad.

They’ve always been great for me (I have no affiliation!) I’m hoping as soon as the new Delorian comes out it’ll be on its way to me immediately too.

I know some will disagree but when I really want a figure and I want it NOW, rather than in a year, I use TW.

Oh, and I know this isn’t a popular opinion here, but I got the BTTF I Marty from Toys Wonderland, what, almost a year ago or something? They’re really good at getting stuff very early and postage isn’t too bad.

They’ve always been great for me (I have no affiliation!) I’m hoping as soon as the new Delorian comes out it’ll be on its way to me immediately too.

I know some will disagree but when I really want a figure and I want it NOW, rather than in a year, I use TW.
For me, it’s more like, if I want a figure to ship 10 weeks after I’ve been informed that it’s on its way, I’ll use Toys Wonderland.

For me, it’s more like, if I want a figure to ship 10 weeks after I’ve been informed that it’s on its way, I’ll use Toys Wonderland.
It's odd because mine arrive pretty quickly considering it's coming from Hong Kong. I'm in the UK and we have quite the history with HK so maybe it works a bit quicker. That seems unlikely but I'm just thinking what it could be. When they ship I get stuff about a week later.

For me, if I want to preorder a figure and then wait three years I buy Doctor Who stuff from Big Chief.

It's odd because mine arrive pretty quickly considering it's coming from Hong Kong. I'm in the UK and we have quite the history with HK so maybe it works a bit quicker. That seems unlikely but I'm just thinking what it could be. When they ship I get stuff about a week later.

For me, if I want to preorder a figure and then wait three years I buy Doctor Who stuff from Big Chief.
I’m U.K. too.
TW are at the bottom of my HK list but I’d probably still go to them before I turned to Sideshow purely due to the fact they can bypass customs.

I’m U.K. too.
TW are at the bottom of my HK list but I’d probably still go to them before I turned to Sideshow purely due to the fact they can bypass customs.

Hmm, just bad luck then. I got my Marty BTTF II figure just over a week after shipping. Hopefully if you order again you'll have the same luck. I'm nervous now, I had better get my Delorian immediately it comes out. There's a very naked area of my new office waiting for it.

Hmm, just bad luck then. I got my Marty BTTF II figure just over a week after shipping. Hopefully if you order again you'll have the same luck. I'm nervous now, I had better get my Delorian immediately it comes out. There's a very naked area of my new office waiting for it.
I saw TW had a decent price for the DeLorean but I chose to go domestic for that one due to its size, fearing potential customs charge and for the comfort of some after-sale support in the event of any damage.

Really looking forward to getting my first 1/6 vehicle though. It’s just a shame I don’t have a BTTF II Doc to fly it. I’m holding out for a HT re-release or that 3P that KO’d Marty to bring yellow jacket Doc back to the masses.

I saw TW had a decent price for the DeLorean but I chose to go domestic for that one due to its size, fearing potential customs charge and for the comfort of some after-sale support in the event of any damage.

Really looking forward to getting my first 1/6 vehicle though. It’s just a shame I don’t have a BTTF II Doc to fly it. I’m holding out for a HT re-release or that 3P that KO’d Marty to bring yellow jacket Doc back to the masses.

I imagine they'll rerelease the BTTF II figures, just as I've paid through the nose for the Marty figure, I'm sure around the time the Delorian comes out.

Which domestic seller did you go for?

I imagine they'll rerelease the BTTF II figures, just as I've paid through the nose for the Marty figure, I'm sure around the time the Delorian comes out.

Which domestic seller did you go for?
Collectibles Direct. I use them for anything huge- statues etc. The included overnight shipping service (on pricier items) is appreciated.

Paid £765 which I think was the best domestic price. Seeing as I’m not paying more than that for InArt sets, it doesn’t seem so bad.

Collectibles Direct. I use them for anything huge- statues etc. The included overnight shipping service (on pricier items) is appreciated.

Paid £765 which I think was the best domestic price. Seeing as I’m not paying more than that for InArt sets, it doesn’t seem so bad.

Ah, sensible and nice tip, thank you. Hopefully TW will come through for me again on this one and then I'll give Collectibles Direct a go for the next insane purchase. :)

InArts, yes, rather expensive. When they release Paul Atreides I'm going to be very tempted indeed.

Still on the hunt for one at a good price. Zavvi never was an option for me because it wasn’t cheaper than ordering from Sideshow- at least if you are located in Germany.
However I still regret passing on the HT lightbox. What is a reasonable price for the lightboxes?

Sorry to butt in but genuinely curious if anyone has ever received the ridiculously cheap Hot Toys that Zavvi seem to keep aquiring (at much longer wait times than other sites, but still). Always smelled like a scam to me.

Sorry to butt in but genuinely curious if anyone has ever received the ridiculously cheap Hot Toys that Zavvi seem to keep aquiring (at much longer wait times than other sites, but still). Always smelled like a scam to me.
In the early days when they first started carrying Hot Toys and Sideshow you could get great deals but now unless it’s an in stock item it’s usually smoke and mirrors. Just got this reply after querying the fact they charged my card and sent me a tracking number 2 weeks ago that hasn’t moved:

“Upon looking at your order I can see that there has been a delay at the warehouse.What I can do for you is I can request a replacement or refund for you.”

Thanks Cutter, I've heard from numerous people that this is the new Hut Group tactic, delay after delay and false emails. Last year it took weeks for them to send out a fleece blanket, in the end they sent two so I kept them both. Not fixing their mistake when they're shockingly poor at their job (often deliberately).

I mainly buy movies from them when they are on special and while I have only have had a couple of problems I agree they have very bad customer service. I tried to get a replacement for one of my Mad Max UHD disc’s which had a quality error and I just went back and forth with them, they didn’t really know what I was talking about. I eventually went to the local distributor and they sent me a replacement copy straight away and then a couple of months later I got a copy from Zavvi as well :)

Back