1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four months?! Have you actually contacted Zavvi to ask if they're actually going to deliver it? I have heard that there have been incidents where Zavvi cancels preorders when they cant actually fulfill them. So I'd definitely recommend checking directly with Zavvi on why there's a delay.

yes, Zavvi "canceled" my po, well not really, they asked me to switch payment option from PP to Credit card /etc, as they could not fulfill yet. October 31st is the new in stock date. I don't mind, as i get this fig really cheap. T Wonderland lists this with $422 plus shipping / tax , i'll get it for only 247 EUR including shipping and no taxes, or customs fees. so yeah, i still don't mind waiting for it. Got the first one with the guitar to hold me over :-D

Finally broke down and ordered from Sideshow with a 10% off HT coupon and $34 in rewards points. Which Brought him down to $222.50 before shipping and tax - of course I killed $7 of that savings it to have him double boxed. Anyway glad to get him now because when he’s gone I have a feeling he will be impossible to get at a normal price.

My video has a comparison :D

Just had a chance to watch your video! Excellent comparison between the two figures! Personally, I believe the original (on the right) has a much better likeness than the new version! Something is off about the new one. The head seems too round and the eyes don’t look right to me.
I also love the original’s much more pronounced denim pattern where the original just looks like a plane blue jacket and pants.

304E88F2-BAD6-4416-BDC2-45FEF49CBE26.jpeg

I definitely like the skin tone on the new one better. I think the hair is painted more flat and looks like it lacks some of the detail of the original sculpt. Still happy with it in hand though.

Just had a chance to watch your video! Excellent comparison between the two figures! Personally, I believe the original (on the right) has a much better likeness than the new version! Something is off about the new one. The head seems too round and the eyes don’t look right to me.
I also love the original’s much more pronounced denim pattern where the original just looks like a plane blue jacket and pants.

View attachment 592628
Yeah, definitely pros and cons both ways. I'm definitely glad I have both versions and have different poses in the display cabinet. Looking forward to when Doc Brown is finally released!
Oh, and thanks for watching my video! :D

Finally broke down and ordered from Sideshow with a 10% off HT coupon and $34 in rewards points. Which Brought him down to $222.50 before shipping and tax - of course I killed $7 of that savings it to have him double boxed. Anyway glad to get him now because when he’s gone I have a feeling he will be impossible to get at a normal price.
What 10% discount is this if I may ask?

What 10% discount is this if I may ask?
On some of my orders from Sideshow they will have a decal/sticker that has a QR code you can scan and it gives you 10% off a Hot Toys figure. I’ve also got them before for 15% off a Marvel Collectibles, you stack one of those along with some Sideshow rewards and you can knock the price down quiet a bit.

This will most likely be out of the price range for people that don't buy custom work but I thought I would share for those not familiar with my work.
Replacement watch for the HT Marty figure. This is designed to fit the HT wrist. Message.e for details if your interested. Or you can go to my Instagram account @tinyassprops
20220829_072307.jpg

Still waiting for mine from Zavvi that was ordered back in March to be delivered.

With the Delorean releasing in the next 1-2 years, do you guys see this figure being sought after in the future as people would want to pair the two together? Best to get it before it sells out.

I have both.

I am thinking of selling the original. Now I ordered the Delorean from part 2. With that in mind, if money isn't an issue, is there a reason I should keep the older one?

I am one of these guys who needs feedback so I am just curious, why keep the older one?

I have both.

I am thinking of selling the original. Now I ordered the Delorean from part 2. With that in mind, if money isn't an issue, is there a reason I should keep the older one?

I am one of these guys who needs feedback so I am just curious, why keep the older one?
Unless you are like me and need all variations of certain figures you should probably sell it. Overall the new one is probably the better figure although the sculpt is still not quite there. The original does come with sunglasses that this one doesn’t and if you have the exclusive that also has the guitar unique to that set.

Back