1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno guys, thats looks pretty terrible ….that hair is just awful…..
The sculpt looks totally different from the original….WTF did HT do?

That figure looks pretty bad.

Here the original from comparison.
4AC44343-59CA-4B3D-B1B8-2415E14A2486.jpeg

C9F5DA4C-C677-4F38-9289-41FE4E56DB14.jpeg

Dunno guys, thats looks pretty terrible ….that hair is just awful…..
The sculpt looks totally different from the original….WTF did HT do?

That figure looks pretty bad.
Well they wanted to do a new likeness but yes the hair is badly done - hopefully it's just the paint although even at that I don't know why they did such a poor job.

I don't think the hair is bad, it is just dark and glossy and that leads to it not photographing very well. In person, there are subtleties to the paint job that mimic natural light hitting it, similar to the Endgame Cap Steve Rogers sculpt.

I tried to get some photos that do a better job of capturing the overall likeness of the new sculpt, which I really do think is great.
DSCF3841.jpg
DSCF3843.jpg

Did people already forget Justin's Collectible's video review of this figure and how great it looked in the video? 🙄

Yeah, I think the hair is "softer" in detail on this new figure, which may contribute to it capturing glare in photos moreso than the original. But seems fine based on this video, which has good, flat lighting. I haven't opened mine yet. Was thinking to wait until Christmas, but maybe better to open sooner for inspection purposes. . .

I have both (though the original is currently in storage) and the new one is very nice, no regrets on picking it up at all. As others have said the hair doesn’t look that bad in person at all.
Even Einstein looks better than I expected (minus the neck seam/gap).

It's not just the paint of the hair, it's also too full. I'm glad to have it but I am a bit disappointed the V2 sculpt isn't better.

His hair was pretty full and poofy at the beginning of the movie, so that seems pretty accurate to me. It might have got tamed down a bit for the 1950s scenes, but I think HT was basing this more off his Twin Pines look.

backtothefuture-movie-screencaps.com-2742.jpg

I opened mine and the hair actually is pretty bad in comparison to the first version. I may have to do a dry brushing mod. But nice figure overall. Will need more time to figure out where he ranks for me.

20211116_224049.jpg

20211116_224058.jpg

20211116_224102.jpg

20211116_224017.jpg

Great line up Karamazov ;-)

The Trevor version is much bigger scale than I thought it would be, but nice to see the comparison.

I wonder how the Hot Toys BTTF2 Marty would look between those.

I've got this on order. Can't wait to compare it to the other ht in hand along with my jnix sculpt. I also want to send my sdabbs sculpt out to get professionally painted.

Great line up Karamazov ;-)

The Trevor version is much bigger scale than I thought it would be, but nice to see the comparison.

I wonder how the Hot Toys BTTF2 Marty would look between those.
Thanks. I've never taken mine out of the box but when I do I'll try to do a comparison. The hot toys teen body didn't even exist when Trevor and Rainman did their work, so it is larger in scale to accommodate bodies at the time.

Back