1/6 Hot Toys - MMS573 - Back to the Future (1985) - Marty McFly (2.0) & Einstein Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1637876370385.png

Got my decals on!

Received mine last week and eh.. it's alright I guess. The sculpt doesn't work nearly as well in hand as I was hoping it might after Justin's video, and I really struggle to see much likeness to Fox. And it doesn't seem to matter what kind of light I put it in either.

I still prefer it slightly to my original though, as it at least has a much more youthful look and less distracting lack of teeth.

The outfit does seem slightly upgraded and fits better on the body, which is nice. And I haven't seen anyone else mention this but it appears they shortened the arms a bit too, so the proportions work better and he no longer has those long monkey arms. Lol

Received mine last week and eh.. it's alright I guess. The sculpt doesn't work nearly as well in hand as I was hoping it might after Justin's video, and I really struggle to see much likeness to Fox. And it doesn't seem to matter what kind of light I put it in either.

I still prefer it slightly to my original though, as it at least has a much more youthful look and less distracting lack of teeth.

The outfit does seem slightly upgraded and fits better on the body, which is nice. And I haven't seen anyone else mention this but it appears they shortened the arms a bit too, so the proportions work better and he no longer has those long monkey arms. Lol
I don't have the original release but your review is exactly why I've held off diving into the line. Plus, without the Delorean, I'll feel like the third main character will always be missing.

I love the trilogy and would love to have some type of representation on display and the first film is the iconic one but I'm actually leaning towards the part 3 figures more, as I believe that they came out the best looking. Still unsure that I want to invest into yet another line...

Yeah I would agree the Part 3 figures appear to be the best looking pair so far, with the coolest looking outfits.

But even those sculpts still need a lot of work I think.

With all the random figures coming out from so many different 1/6 manufacturers, Im surprised no one has announced a Biff fig yet. It would be a pretty straight forward fig to produce, generic body and clothing + sculpt.
I thought NECA done well with the Biff figure they made.

With all the random figures coming out from so many different 1/6 manufacturers, Im surprised no one has announced a Biff fig yet. It would be a pretty straight forward fig to produce, generic body and clothing + sculpt.
I thought NECA done well with the Biff figure they made.
Personally I'm happy enough with just NECA's figure. It's great, if a bit oversized (either that or Marty is undersized) and it lacks the painting subtlety necessary to convey the short hair on the back & sides of the head. Otherwise terrific figure.

More youth? well this new...when everyone else seems to agree that v1 sculpt looks he's too old since his features are very apparent...not to mention the tan skin and wrong hair (Marty has a straight not wavy hair), the teeth is apparently the same though.

I don't have the original release but your review is exactly why I've held off diving into the line. Plus, without the Delorean, I'll feel like the third main character will always be missing.

I love the trilogy and would love to have some type of representation on display and the first film is the iconic one but I'm actually leaning towards the part 3 figures more, as I believe that they came out the best looking. Still unsure that I want to invest into yet another line...
Pull the trigger, i have V1 for about a year and this one really does an upgrade, not to mention you got Einie with it... and you know what? that BTTF III Marty sculpt is the same with this one, just a different hair. So if by that logic, you shouldn't have any concern with this one.

I was hoping the fans of the movie or toy community can support this line so that all of our hope regarding the DeLorean re-release could happen.

Personally I'm happy enough with just NECA's figure. It's great, if a bit oversized (either that or Marty is undersized) and it lacks the painting subtlety necessary to convey the short hair on the back & sides of the head. Otherwise terrific figure.
Marty's face tbh is the weakest among Doc and Biff though.

Back