1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

ca40e624427e7ef529a48258e5183b20.jpg

Elvis did this a few years back and I think it looks great. Maybe with the AOU gloves and boots and it would be perfect. (Sorry for the bad quality, the image doesn’t seem to be available anymore)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember it well. I like everything on A1 except for the helmet design and those silver strips on the shoulders. The harness/belt additions Elvis made are also an improvement.

So i bought the KGhobby Headsculpt, it was 25€ with free shipping to Germany, looks pretty good for a third party headsculpt
20180312_184329.jpg
20180312_184341.jpg

So i bought the KGhobby Headsculpt, it was 25€ with free shipping to Germany, looks pretty good for a third party headsculpt
View attachment 398866
View attachment 398867

Well that convinced me to buy it lol. I couldn't find in-hand pics anywhere, so thank you!

People were saying the head was a bit small, but it looks fine in your pics.

20180312_202604.jpg

Head size is fine, but the neck peg from the civil war figure does not fit
I just put the head on the neck without the peg

Head size is fine, but the neck peg from the civil war figure does not fit
I just put the head on the neck without the peg

Did you do a body swap on your Stealth Cap figure? The shoulders seem a bit broader than the stock figure (and almost look the same as on CW Cap).

WIP... Spare shirt with broken zip on a Ganghood body.

29214409_10155116665462441_427254266897313238_n.jpg
b3dac90d73fed5591f6b8c9aae67049e.jpg

Really hoping he'll come with a proper shield, like the EW article seemed to suggest he'd have in the movie. The weathered and beaten up look is really starting to grow on me, but still not sure I'd want a Cap figure that didn't at least have the shield.

WIP... Spare shirt with broken zip on a Ganghood body.

View attachment 399332
View attachment 399337

Nice!
I'm also tempted to mod my Civil War to the new costume.
I'm just waiting on the Hot Toys reveal, cause if its pretty much the same, I'll just weather it and buy the head and cut off the sleeves.
Saves me money in that all I have to get is the Head.

But I want to wait first in case the difference might be more significant. Like it has a new body or different material for the suit.
Then I'll just sell the Civil War and upgrade to the new figure.

Damn...there go my high hope for this figure. :lol

I'm really looking forward to that bearded Cap sculpt.

I'm really looking forward to that bearded Cap sculpt.

Same here. Since the outfit is the same as CW...HT probably roll the figure in the dirt to make make it screen accurate. :lol

Same here. Since the outfit is the same as CW...HT probably roll the figure in the dirt to make make it screen accurate. :lol

The suits actually got quite a few differences. It looks the same at first blush but there’s a lot changed.

1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

So his IW costume is more like aou than cw.

I think that’s actually just a photoshop from a shot in AOU. Here’s an actual shot from the movie:
988398ab0ef5ca57fd2f0de42bd0a4fb.jpg

The gloves are closer to AOU but not exactly. Other than that it does look like a weathered CW suit with small differences like red striping on the thighs and a different belt buckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belt buckle is different, gloves are different, theres a detail under the spot for the star that's different, the shoulder harness buckles are different, and there's exposed material under the suit.

Other than that it's pretty close to the CW cap suit.

This looks great! Are you gonna go for the tearing that seems to sort of suggest Cap has chain mail (vibranium?) undersuit?

Thanks! I want to do the teared shirt, but it took me an hour to zip the jacket on (with lots of swearing), so just the thought of removing it makes me anxious lol.

I'm just doing this for fun with spare parts i have. Only thing i'd really like to switch is the shoulder harness.

Here's a few movie shots to compare suits :

AoU.jpg
CW.jpg
IW.jpg

Ah...Belt and glove shoulder harness looks different. Everything else looks the same as CW. Damn....Love Widow new outfit tho.

Back