1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

I’m not sure

I'm just sharing what's there but since it's gotten you guys "heated up" I've deleted my post. I'm afraid I don't follow toys as religiously as some.

Those who have quoted my original post can do so too. :lol

Trust me this isnt even close to heated up. it's slightly above freezing :lol

To be honest, parody settings is not something that Hot Toys will do. Imagine the complains they'll get from Marvel and Disney :rotfl

Anyone that believes that this is a "Hot Toys" display is not very well verse in this industry :lol

Well based on your definition I guess I am not "well verse in this line of toys". I usually just buy what I like and those that I like what I see. I have neither the passion nor time to go into so much details or nitpick on 100% screen accuracy. :lol

1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

God that sculpt is awful, hair color is off, and the body is totally wrong too. Way to mess this up HT. SAD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From HT MAD MAN facebook page

Attachments

• E98CC255-5D14-4B54-AA2F-9B9F327988DB.jpeg
    E98CC255-5D14-4B54-AA2F-9B9F327988DB.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 319

Hmmm comparing that screengrab to the figure...the star is definitely a little big :(... but it looks great overall. First and only cap for me

Random side note, this supposedly just a weathered version of his civil war suit, but it's missing the empty patch where his Avengers "A" was formerly located on his shoulders. Later in CW he removed the A when he went rogue but the empty spot is gone. Completely irrelevant continuity error but something I noticed :rotfl

DZ9GynSWAAILpFe.jpg

The blank area where the star was is definitely too big on the figure. Hopefully it's something fixed for the final product.

Interesting that the price is a little lower (320,000 yen) than the Jack Sparrow DX15 and T-800 DX13 (both 350,000 yen).

Not my first pick for a Marvel DX, but Cap must have an amazing role in Infinity War as folks expect.

And yes, DX in Japan does mean the same elsewhere for anyone worried this might be an deluxe set and not the DX series. They call the deluxe version of figures “remix” versions if I’m not mistaken, ie. Star-Lord Remix Figure Set.

Interesting that the price is a little lower (320,000 yen) than the Jack Sparrow DX15 and T-800 DX13 (both 350,000 yen).

Not my first pick for a Marvel DX, but Cap must have an amazing role in Infinity War as folks expect.

And yes, DX in Japan does mean the same elsewhere for anyone worried this might be an deluxe set and not the DX series. They call the deluxe version of figures “remix” versions if I’m not mistaken, ie. Star-Lord Remix Figure Set.
I just checked and you're right. Yondu and Star-Lord are both listed as リミックス (remix) while Jack Sparrow is DX ... so if that's true and this Cap is gonna be a DX ... hell yeah. :love

What is the exact definition of a DX figure? Does it just mean it comes with a lot of stuff?

Someone on Facebook mentioned a different stand, but I'm not sure if he was just assuming or if he translated something.

What is the exact definition of a DX figure? Does it just mean it comes with a lot of stuff?

There’s no specific requirements for a DX. It’s usually a unique stand and a couple heads with a decent amount of extras. But there have been plenty of figures with lots of extras and not labeled DX. The DX label is more of a marketing thing.

I'm just hoping for a 2nd sculpt with an aggressive expression and maybe even some battle damage.

I'm just hoping for a 2nd sculpt with an aggressive expression and maybe even some battle damage.

I’d like to see the thanos fight scene screaming sculpt.

Back