1/6 Hot Toys - MMS414 - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Homemade Suit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno about Tony, but there's no need to really do a clothing set for Pete. Just use the DX hoodie and jacket while picking up a t-shirt, khakis, and shoes on eBay. Easiest bonus figure you could make, once you find a fitting body.
Says you :lol I like accurate and well made clothing, so sue me :lol 'T-Shirt, Khakis and Shoes on eBay' ugh! You mean those cheap, boring and plain clothes? :lol

...that's the tricky part. Is the Homecoming body new? I would want the same size and proportions for Peter Parker
Use a Bruce lee narrow shoulder body, very close match :duff
This is probably the correct answer. He's a civvie so it's easy to pad or modify to fit under the existing clothes from the DX set. It's a suit jacket and hoodie, an exact match won't be necessary - the height is of more importance in this case IMO.
Says you [emoji38] I like accurate and well made clothing, so sue me [emoji38] 'T-Shirt, Khakis and Shoes on eBay' ugh! You mean those cheap, boring and plain clothes? [emoji38]
Bud, while I get where you're coming from - khakis are khakis hate to tell you that lol. There are plenty of low cost, great quality 1/6 clothing sets out there that are as good as HT. Well made doesn't always equal expensive (though there is a correlation to that). Especially pairing it with the DX bonus clothes which cover most of the bases. If we were talking a fine suit or unique one off outfit I would be inclined to agree though.

But you're not new here Brainiac, you know that [emoji38]

It's like these:
20ad7ea48c1ae94f3d9a9a6ffdc038e9.jpg

Bud, while I get where you're coming from - khakis are khakis hate to tell you that lol. There are plenty of low cost, great quality 1/6 clothing sets out there that are as good as HT. Well made doesn't always equal expensive (though there is a correlation to that). Especially pairing it with the DX bonus clothes which cover most of the bases. If we were talking a fine suit or unique one off outfit I would be inclined to agree though.

But you're not new here Brainiac, you know that [emoji38]

It's like these:
20ad7ea48c1ae94f3d9a9a6ffdc038e9.jpg
I totally get what you're saying man, and for sure we're sorted if we need clothes for Peter, definitely :) I was just joking around :lol and I'd rather not spend $400 for custom accurate clothes as great as it would be to have Peters science shirt in 1/6 I could live without because like you said theres some much cheaper and still good options :) :duff

But which T-shirt would you want for your Peter Parker?

RDTADTY.png

qfAXeQm.png

7Eh82gC.png

V9EKB3V.png

And there are a few more in the movie to chose from too

As for me, I think the first one, the pizza one, from Civil War. I think it would work with blue sweatshirt already included with the deluxe Spiderman even though it's not exactly the same color blue.

All of them :lol
I like the 'Physics is theoretical but the fun is real' one :rotlf
And the Pizza one because that scene in CW was really cool :)

Lol! Those are great. I only noticed the electron shirt when I watched it. Didn't see the others. I think the physics shirt is a quote from Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory.

Wouldnt the Peter head fit on a Marty Mcfly body? Aren't they the same type? They are supposed to be the same age.

Has anyone received an email from Sideshow yet? I pre-ordered kind of late in the game, so I'm not expecting to be part of the first run. Ironically, I may end up with the high tech suit you before this one despite this one coming out first!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For those that own this bad boy, question about the fabric. Do you foresee it forming lil fuzz balls later on? :pray:

26156991_311646112679462_1156983109149786112_n.jpg
All my Photos so far:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just sharing this shot now. It is the figure, not a screenshot :lol I'm not entirely proud of this but figured I would share it and all my previous photos taken so far :D

View attachment 386598
All my Photos so far:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just sharing this shot now. It is the figure, not a screenshot :lol I'm not entirely proud of this but figured I would share it and all my previous photos taken so far :D

Those look great. That plane scene had me for a moment. Thought it was from the movie.
Such an awesome movie and that's why I've pre-ordered this figure instead of the Tech Suit. (Just bought a Hulkbuster so don't have funds to buy).
I'm going to watch Homecoming again.

Those look great. That plane scene had me for a moment. Thought it was from the movie.
Such an awesome movie and that's why I've pre-ordered this figure instead of the Tech Suit. (Just bought a Hulkbuster so don't have funds to buy).
I'm going to watch Homecoming again.
:lol
Personally I prefer this suit over the Tech suit and it seems like a lot of other people feel the same way. This just rocks that almost unlimited articulation and charm that the other doesn't. It's a nice suit and more classic Spidey but yeah this one is much better imo :)

Also Scarlet Spidey :lol
DSC_0451.jpg

:lol
Personally I prefer this suit over the Tech suit and it seems like a lot of other people feel the same way. This just rocks that almost unlimited articulation and charm that the other doesn't. It's a nice suit and more classic Spidey but yeah this one is much better imo :)

Also Scarlet Spidey :lol
View attachment 386711

I have the "tech/classic suit" on pre-order. If I can only have one from the movie that is it, I really like it and I am really excited bout getting it. But I am also very tempted now to pick the homemade suite up too because it seems to have it's own kind of fun factor to it. I would say though, if there was a special inverted color option emulating the Scarlet-Spider costume THAT would be an instant buy with no fence sitting for me. I wonder if someone will make a custom set of clothes and if so, how hard it would be to swap out the sweats.

I have the "tech/classic suit" on pre-order. If I can only have one from the movie that is it, I really like it and I am really excited bout getting it. But I am also very tempted now to pick the homemade suite up too because it seems to have it's own kind of fun factor to it. I would say though, if there was a special inverted color option emulating the Scarlet-Spider costume THAT would be an instant buy with no fence sitting for me. I wonder if someone will make a custom set of clothes and if so, how hard it would be to swap out the sweats.
Same here :duff The Tech suit is still awesome by itself. I'm excited too :hi5:

Agreed, something like this would be really fun to have. I wonder if fabric paints or dyes would make it possible too? I'm not sure but the clothes don't seem too difficult to take off, you'd probably have to cut some threads but it would be easy to switch clothes. It's getting the inverted colors that's hard :lol The head is the same so you just need the top, pants and hoodie, maybe add a belt and some custom eyes, done

Agreed, something like this would be really fun to have. I wonder if fabric paints or dyes would make it possible too? I'm not sure but the clothes don't seem too difficult to take off, you'd probably have to cut some threads but it would be easy to switch clothes. It's getting the inverted colors that's hard :lol The head is the same so you just need the top, pants and hoodie, maybe add a belt and some custom eyes, done
Maybe those who have it in hand can give us an idea about how hard they think it might be to remove the blue sweats. My guess is the red sweatshirt wouldn't be that difficult, but the blue sweats underneath might be a different story; perhaps particularly with how they are "tucked" into the socks. I don't have any experiencing in dying clothing, especially for figures. I would prefer it if some third party would make a custom set. (that would also mean you could swap back if you wanted to) BUT, either way, the trick will be to match the red on the fabric on the head,which you are right you would still would want to use, with the new red sweats. Red is a hard color to match and looks bad when it doesn't. A belt might be fun, but also maybe making some custom pouches for his ankles could be cool too.

Back