1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish people would stop with the straw man arguments to try and validate beating a beyond dead horse. Comparing a CAR to a TOY is just not a valid point. Over-Exaggerating by comparing a $25 THOUSAND dollar and up mode of transportation to a $200 toy is silly. You can't compare the 2 in any way. This is a toy. Compare it to other $200 6th scale toys.

I'm stressed about my figure coming, absolutely. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but I'm really excited about this figure and seriously looking forward to it and I really hope it's going to get here and everything's fine. I completely understand the frustration and disappointment that there have been issues. But what can be added that hasn't been said? By now, all thats going to be said has been said. And I don't think anyone's criticizing someone for not wanting it, I think it's more people not really understanding what the huge deal is about it at this point. Either it comes and there's a problem, or there isn't. Going on for pages about it at this point in time is pointless until figures start arriving and we all see what we're really looking at. People have a right to not want it and to be upset about it, but people also have the right to want it and be thrilled about it without some snide comments and crazy comparisons in a backhanded attempt to make themselves feel better about cancelling, right? Just because they're miserable and cancelling and maybe even regret it doesn't mean we all have to be miserable and cancel so we can share in their regret. And besides, who's criticizing people for not wanting it? People are legit asking what the big deal is. Nothing wrong with asking that. That's not criticizing people for not wanting it, it's asking for a reasonable explanation for what's looking like an unreasonable reaction. Now if a persons figure comes and it's messed up, then Hell yeah be upset and pissed and demand it be fixed, but until they arrive, what can we do? Why should the discussion dwell in the negative until every last figure arrives?

Aaaaaaaaaaanyways, I always get destroyed with customs fees in West Coast Canada. Between the shipping, the customs fees AND the exchange rate, I end up tacking on about an extra $100 - $150 per figure, lowball. The Hulk/Bruce Banner 2-pack customs was over $180 alone. When all was said and done, my wife got it for me for my 40th and it cost just over $900 CAD total......sooooo yeah, every figure costs us quite a bit more than most collector's and even WE don't expect these things to last us literally 'til ACTUAL Ragnarok.

TL,DR: Enjoy them! Have fun! Or return them.

J

I respect your thoughts and opinions in regards to my comments but:

You obviously missed my point, so let me make it a little clearer for you. First of all when it comes come to comparisons, I didn't say a $25,000 car, but since you threw that price in, let's use it. For some people $25,000 isn't a lot of money for a car, for some people $239.99 may not be a big deal for a figure. For other people $25,000 is a whole lot of money for a car and $239.99 is a whole lot of money for a figure. The point is, most collectors here understand that there's no such thing as a "perfect" figure. We pay for the appearance of "perfection" or what one perceives as being perfect. Regardless of what you're buying or how much it costs, THAT's what we pay our hard earned money for. So, when something has a known QC issue, or doesn't seem right for whatever reason, some of people are rightfully bothered by that and choose not to spend their hard earned money on it. In the end, whether it's $1 or $100,000.00, it's still one's personal decision to decide if it's worth their money. It doesn't matter what the huge deal is with this figure, you spend your money your way, and other collectors will spend their money their way!

Secondly, with regard to this comment, which was unnecessary: People have a right to not want it and to be upset about it, but people also have the right to want it and be thrilled about it without some snide comments and crazy comparisons in a backhanded attempt to make themselves feel better about cancelling, right? This wasn't personal until you made this statement which felt like a jab at me.

I personally don't need to make myself feel better about cancelling ANYTHING, as I have a valid reason for cancelling whatever it is I decide to cancel. I'm old enough and confident enough to know exactly what it is I do and don't want. You don't know me! Don't act like you didn't consider cancelling this yourself. I would imagine if you've been collecting long enough, you may have cancelled a figure or two yourself for whatever reason, but hey, I don't know you. Maybe you haven't. All I'm saying is enjoy your figure and everyone who cancelled can enjoy spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

From this point on I'm done with this subject. Hopefully I've clarified my position if not, so be it. Going back and forth with you would be arguing for the sake of arguing. It has to stop somewhere.

I guess some people can't get passed the stigma about the defect, even if it was already fixed.

Just my observations with people in this thread.

In the end, don't want anyone missing out on this great figure due to a mental barrier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No hard feelings, No mental barrier, the figure is sold out just about everywhere. I'm sure everyone who really wants one has it, and those who still want it are on a waitlist. It's really ok! Those who don't want it, I'm sure have moved on and are moving on. People know what they want and don't want. It's all good! :)

Me personally, I think Deadpool is a great character and a really nice figure. I would like to have one, but it's not priority one for me as he is not my favorite character. I'm happy for those who have him, enjoy him, he's a nice piece to have in any collection!

Anybody else see this on the front page of MSN.com right now?? Is Reynolds being replaced by Hot Toys Deadpool??
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...emerges/ar-AAjw7oV?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
3337ddee8e0fcdab8495703810e61efd.jpg
c268ac878c2b61bdd8cecd3d9a85d818.jpg
9c50fc359fa2b46c7337621c84b18ba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine yesterday and its fantastic. No wear or ripping on the sleeves although they were a bit "jiggly" around the edge where the ball meets the arm. Seems like they made it with some slack there. But it was still nice and tucked behind the ball. Did a single hand swap no problem and now my Deadpool shelf is complete:

DSC00579.jpg

More photos: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmBGndhEliXgg8dsxfb7s6GOsfQW4Q

Does anybody know what those little knives (see the front top of my figs base) are for? They seem too small for hands to hold but have a hole like they mount to pegs or something. The instructions don't mention them at all.

Does anybody know what those little knives (see the front top of my figs base) are for? They seem to small for hands to hold but have a hole like they mount to pegs or something. The instructions don't mention them at all.

Well if you look at his chest: there are two pockets, one on each side, that are supposed to hold the shurikens(that's what those knives are called) but I guess HT didn't make them a sleeve for the final version. If you look at the prototype photos, you can see a silver line, which is the base of the shuriken, on each side of this chest where they are supposed to be inserted. If someone is brave enough, I guess they could cut a slit in the suit where the outline of the shurikens are to fit them in but there is no "pocket" to hold them in so it would be useless.

Well if you look at his chest: there are two pockets, one on each side, that are supposed to hold the shurikens(that's what those knives are called) but I guess HT didn't make them a sleeve for the final version. If you look at the prototype photos, you can see a silver line, which is the base of the shuriken, on each side of this chest where they are supposed to be inserted. If someone is brave enough, I guess they could cut a slit in the suit where the outline of the shurikens are to fit them in but there is no "pocket" to hold them in so it would be useless.

Thats what I looked at when i saw them too. But even in the prototype that looks painted on rather than a physical prop. Looking at my own photo closer that silver line is there. A bit dull due to the lighting. I would HIGHLY advise against cutting the suit because the shuriken are actually bigger than those "pockets". You would straight up wreck the suit.

Just came home to mine and I love it. Right out of the box there is a tiny bit of wear on each rest but nothing enough to worry me. This is my first Hot Toy and I am very happy with it.

IMG_2654.jpg
IMG_2652.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg

Just came home to mine and I love it. Right out of the box there is a tiny bit of wear on each rest but nothing enough to worry me. This is my first Hot Toy and I am very happy with it.

View attachment 301681
View attachment 301680
View attachment 301682

Excellent.

As long as it doesn't get significantly worse over time, I'd be happy.

I'll probably change poses fairly often.. That way, if I have him posed in a position that'll stress the fabric, it won't stay like that for very long.

As with any figure, I'm definitely going to be careful while handling it.

Here's hoping batch 2 starts shipping soon.

I respect your thoughts and opinions in regards to my comments but:

A wise man once said, "Nothing before the word "but" really counts". And that's evidenced in what followed. If you really did respect my thoughts and opinions and weren't angry at me for them, you wouldn't have had to post this disclaimer.
In no way did I make anything I said personal at you. I didn't direct it at you, say your name, quote a single word. I was answering the points in a general sense observing the posting patterns with this situation. You made it personal, very personal actually and it's not fair in the least. Even with the post I was answering, you took a personal jab at the person - and anyone else for that matter - that was simply asking what the big deal was.

You obviously missed my point, so let me make it a little clearer for you.
First of all when it comes come to comparisons, I didn't say a $25,000 car, but since you threw that price in, let's use it. For some people $25,000 isn't a lot of money for a car, for some people $239.99 may not be a big deal for a figure. For other people $25,000 is a whole lot of money for a car and $239.99 is a whole lot of money for a figure. The point is, most collectors here understand that there's no such thing as a "perfect" figure. We pay for the appearance of "perfection" or what one perceives as being perfect. Regardless of what you're buying or how much it costs, THAT's what we pay our hard earned money for. So, when something has a known QC issue, or doesn't seem right for whatever reason, some of people are rightfully bothered by that and choose not to spend their hard earned money on it. In the end, whether it's $1 or $100,000.00, it's still one's personal decision to decide if it's worth their money. It doesn't matter what the huge deal is with this figure, you spend your money your way, and other collectors will spend their money their way!

Secondly, with regard to this comment, which was unnecessary: People have a right to not want it and to be upset about it, but people also have the right to want it and be thrilled about it without some snide comments and crazy comparisons in a backhanded attempt to make themselves feel better about cancelling, right? This wasn't personal until you made this statement which felt like a jab at me. I personally don't need to make myself feel better about cancelling ANYTHING, as I have a valid reason for cancelling whatever it is I decide to cancel. I'm old enough and confident enough to know exactly what it is I do and don't want. You don't know me! Don't act like you didn't consider cancelling this yourself. I would imagine if you've been collecting long enough, you may have cancelled a figure or two yourself for whatever reason, but hey, I don't know you. Maybe you haven't. All I'm saying is enjoy your figure and everyone who cancelled can enjoy spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

From this point on I'm done with this subject. Hopefully I've clarified my position if not, so be it. Going back and forth with you would be arguing for the sake of arguing. It has to stop somewhere.

It's really great and quite convenient to say something like that so you can get in all of your attacks and jabs at me and then "walk away" as if you're taking some sort of high road and even have that last word. You know, you could have done any number of things, like asked what I meant in the thread, sent me a PM asking what I meant, sent a PM asking me if I was even referring to you in the first place or even not bothered to reply at all if you REALLY wanted to take the moral high ground, instead of just assuming and going off on me like I ran over your cat and posted the pictures. I have the right to answer your unwarranted and unprovoked attacks to make clear that I never even remotely took a shot at you. And no, actually, not once did I consider cancelling it and I've even stated as much while stating how much I understand if people wanted to cancel - this is frustrating for everyone looking forward to this figure even in the slightest, but not ONCE have I attacked or even come close to insinuating that people were somehow wrong to cancel, return or even keep their figure. Unlike your conduct in this post.

Go ahead. Look at my post history. I've always tried to keep everyone's thoughts on this situation VALID, and not once have I done to anyone what you're doing to me right now. Also, my collecting habits are none of your business. Again, I did nothing to YOU or anyone else for that matter, regardless of whatever reasoning you're using to make it about you. I think you may need to take a step back if you're going to attack me because I dared say something and you simply read into it. You reading tone where there isn't and you reading meaning and even words where there aren't is your problem, not mine.

Next time you want to take your bad day out on someone, take your own advice and make sure you know a little something about them, or even better yet, make sure they've actually done something to deserve it because, like you said yourself, you don't know me and on top of all that, you have NO idea what my life is like and what I deal with on a daily basis for you to just go off on me like you did for zero reason.

NOW we're done with this sidebar. If you REALLY need to post again for the last word, have at it or just send a PM so people aren't subjected to more of this crap. My conscious is clear, regardless. I have enough REAL ******** going on in my real life and I didn't do anything to deserve such a ridiculous personal onslaught over a ****ing toy.

J

It's amazing how popular this thing is.

Thank goodness Ryan pushed to get it done. (The movie)

Speaking only for myself, when it's that long, I don't read it. It's a doll forum, not a mortgage application.

I try to keep it to 2 or 3 paragraphs with 2-3 medium sentences per paragraph as a max. Or use 3-4 bullet points. People love bullet points. Makes the information more easily digestible.

Lastly, if you're writing THAT much on THIS topic or to a specific person, aren't you giving too much of yourself? It's gotta take a while to write that stuff out. It's time I'd rather be using to enjoy my figure, or whatever else choose.

I love it when a thread goes off the rails. It's interesting. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back