1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC rough estimate of release is July-Sept, so I'd say it will probably ship end of Sept, early Oct.

I thought we heard that this might release sooner than expected.. Like, early third quarter rather than late third quarter?.. Either way, I'm excited for this. I've tried to focus my collection on mainly iron man armors and a villain here and there.. But this has definitely made the cut.

I wonder if they'll change the suit for deadpool 2. And if so, how much.

No one knows for sure when any HT will be released, really. I'm just going based on what SSC has on their site for him. Even that is not really accurate but it's better than nothing.

Hot toys announced release window is the best judge for when the figure will come out. They are right 95% of the time. In the last five or six years only a handful of figures missed that window. Out of over a 150.

Hot toys announced release window is the best judge for when the figure will come out. They are right 95% of the time. In the last five or six years only a handful of figures missed that window. Out of over a 150.

I think a little more transparency would be nice. 3 month windows are a pretty large chunk of time. Maybe more updates might be warranted for those of us who'd like to have a better idea as to what their plans are. I know things change and dates are fluid.. But a short post on their Facebook page or wherever wouldn't kill them. Even if they're on time, it'd be nice if they, as the release nears, were able to give a better more updated guesstimate.

They just did an unboxing of ssc deadpool. Also mark 45 mms 300 came out in Japan few weeks ago yet hot toys shows still July September. Anyone's guess at this point for deadpool.

They tried that stuff. In the past interviews they did (up through 2013ish they where doing in depth interviews nearly ever month or two) and what happens is people get pissy when they say something and it changes. There is no benefit to them updating all the time. And they and we know this because they did it for years and all it did was piss people off.

With the mk43 1/4 they announced it would be out on a Friday the well it dropped (said it that tuesday) and they got swamped and bumped it by a day and people destroyed them on Facebook and here. For missing a date by a day.

And that doesn't even take into account that hot toys doesn't have final say when a product releases. Marvel/DC/Sony ect all have to approve the release as well as the production samples and anytime they (hot toys) makes a statement about a licensed product it has to be approved by the rights owner.

It's just not as simple as hey this is coming in 6 weeks.

Then there's the people that don't grasp that a release in Hong Kong is not a release at sideshow.

Speaking of sideshow, look at how people react every time sideshow updates with a pushed date. People get pissy. And it's a more widespread reaction due to everyone getting an official update from sideshow. But if they didn't send anything out a fair amount of people wouldn't even notice (which is what happens with hot toys now) and the date passes and there would be (isn't) any big uproar or complaints about it.

They just did an unboxing of ssc deadpool. Also mark 45 mms 300 came out in Japan few weeks ago yet hot toys shows still July September. Anyone's guess at this point for deadpool.

Hot toys doesn't update their page after they post the intial sales info. On any of the figures.

Hot toys doesn't update their page after they post the intial sales info. On any of the figures.

I meant sideshow has not updated the release to more like.. July instead of third quarter like they still have as Iron man is already out in Japan which you know. Sideahow usually takes a month from Japanese release to get and send out figures in the United States.

Basically right now with no release in Japan yet we can only look at https://www.onesixthrepublic.com which was right for mark 45 in Japan. If the schedule is correct then deapool August?

Japan's release date isn't what matters in regards to sideshow. It's Hong kongs. But I get your point.

But sideshow updating it to June or July does them no good until they know for sure. Even if it's usually 4-6 weeks after Hong Kong release that they get the figure, there are rare exceptions. And if they update it to July and they don't get it till August people will throw a fit. Just look at the site over the last five days. People calling sideshow "scummy" for not shipping before the weekend, or getting upset when a figure is pushed a month, or go back a few months ago and they update a release to the coming month which not all figures actually shipped in and people threw a hissy. Until they are pretty sure it's will be in there's no reason to update with another guess. It does nobody any good. And can actually do the opposite.

I just wonder what's wrong with the people who get so upset. It's pathetic their life is only about when they receive their next Hot Toy.

There could be a bunch of unknown factors delaying a shipment on the way to Sideshow. They're not gonna change a release estimate because something is out in HK, not until they know for sure. That's what the processing emails are for anyway.

There could be a bunch of unknown factors delaying a shipment on the way to Sideshow. They're not gonna change a release estimate because something is out in HK, not until they know for sure. That's what the processing emails are for anyway.

Yep. Good points all around

Guys I have a question about flex payments with Sideshow... If I've paid all the payments except the final one, do they charge the final payment when the figure is about to ship or when the final payment is due (for example the 5th of the month)...? Does this make sense? I hope it does... :cuckoo:

Back