1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really wonder why, Hot Toys can get Ant Man 100% spot on, while Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Black Widow HS are always missing something

Every HT sculpt is missing some small percentage of likeness. Some look better than others, but the main thing people forget when seeing these in bright light is that the head is only an inch high, and in more natural lighting, it has a better likeness. If you get some shadows going on, you will see the likeness shine through.

A347158F-BDE4-4AAC-A318-83842E4C4448.jpg

FCAE4321-BD04-47D7-96B2-D460FA6E5398.jpg

7FEA3F5F-E0BA-4695-BC97-7FF3045940CC.jpg

C7E932B7-D046-49C9-9B5B-3B2E1DB530C8.jpg

I have had a lot of figures in the last 3 months, Vader, Luke, Thanos, Kylo, troopers.....and I think this is my favorite. :)

Hey Eamon great pics, is there another way to get his arm higher, like above his head or is that it. Just how good is the arm articulation

i really wonder why, Hot Toys can get Ant Man 100% spot on, while Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Thor, Black Widow HS are always missing something

I think off all the ones you named, Black Widow is the only one they haven't gotten yet. Thor they got on the second try with Dark World. Steve Rogers took a few tries and got it with the Winter Soldier sculpt and has carried over to AOU and CW sculpts. Tony Stark took the most but I think they got it with some of the IM3 sculpts and the recent one with Cap's shield.

But that's how I feel with BW not even close when comparing to Maria Hill and Scarlet Witch.

I was thinking the same thing.

Out of all of those sculpts, I think BW is the one that doesn't have at least one REALLY good sculpt. Decent, yes. The rest to me all have at least one sculpt that is really good.

Every HT sculpt is missing some small percentage of likeness. Some look better than others, but the main thing people forget when seeing these in bright light is that the head is only an inch high, and in more natural lighting, it has a better likeness. If you get some shadows going on, you will see the likeness shine through.

A347158F-BDE4-4AAC-A318-83842E4C4448.jpg

FCAE4321-BD04-47D7-96B2-D460FA6E5398.jpg

7FEA3F5F-E0BA-4695-BC97-7FF3045940CC.jpg

C7E932B7-D046-49C9-9B5B-3B2E1DB530C8.jpg

:exactly:

I maintain the conviction that it's extremely difficult to flawlessly nail down someone's likeness SPOT ON in 1/6 scale. There's only a handful of sculpts where I can say the likeness is spot on. Almost all of them are all VERY good, but not always spot on. Like you mentioned though, a lot of times it's all about angles and lighting in order for likenesses to really shine through.

is the helmet diecast or not?

because is figure got a high price

I wouldn't have thought so. The main reason they use diecast is to add weight, and that would be such a small amount that it would make next to no difference anyway. Also, the helmet is very detailed, and from what I understand it's far easier to make complex parts out of plastic.

Pepper Potts is the worst sculpt I've seen. It's the first HT figure I skipped due to a bad sculpt. She looks like a man to me. While Black Widow sculpts aren't great, at least it looks like a woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepper Potts is the worst sculpt I've seen. It's the first HT figure I skipped due to a bad sculpt. She looks like a man to me. While Black Widow sculpts aren't great, at least it looks like a woman.

I see Paltrow in there.
Are you trying to say Pepper is worse than Banner??? Worse than those first Tony Stark sculpts? Worse than the first Thor headsculpt?

I do see Paltrow in the PP sculpt as well. Like many other sculpts it's not spot on, but I think it's decent. Also like many other sculpts, there are certain angles that look better than others, as well as factoring in lighting.

For instance, I think it looks really good from this angle and with this outfit (and genuinely not because it's more scantily clad than the stock outfit the PP figure comes with). :lol

d6a8b677aebc84c95d26b73934a1cb30.jpg

For the record, I also don't think the Banner sculpt and the first Thor sculpt were bad either. Those first Tony Stark sculpts though however.....

None of those marvel head sculpts are bad as some of the real early stuff. The returns superman for example. Saying the pepper sculpt is the worst ever is just silly.

For the record, I also don't think the Banner sculpt and the first Thor sculpt were bad either. Those first Tony Stark sculpts though however.....

What i was reacting to was "Pepper Potts is the worst sculpt I've seen."
I think that was a bold statement. There are figures just released that look worse by other manufacturers.

I see Paltrow in there.
Are you trying to say Pepper is worse than Banner??? Worse than those first Tony Stark sculpts? Worse than the first Thor headsculpt?

I don't own Banner, so I can't comment as I never studied it (I had already bought the first Hulk release). As for the other head sculpts you mentioned, I own them all and while they aren't all great, they didn't deter me from buying the product (I own almost every HT Marvel release). The Pepper Potts sculpt is so disgusting to me, I didn't buy it. For whatever reason it is repulsive to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just PO this guy. :yess: Just too good to pass up. HT nail the likeness on 1st try. :clap Can't say the same for other figures.

Back