1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've said this before, but it seems you have to go through dozens of pics discarding shots left and right because they don't do much for you in terms of depicting the quality of this sculpt as it meets your eye. Whe all of a sudden....

3f3image.jpeg

...unless you're Paramore, in which case ALL of the damn pics look good.

I agree the hair does not help
Still love my Tom Skywalker though
498a7e6fec44260736c37be1c9d688d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm behind the curve on this one, but I just got Farm Boy Luke today and overall I think he looks really good. I can't get over how much stuff he comes with....

20160409_072446.jpg

20160409_074016.jpg

20160409_073545.jpg

20160409_075520.jpg

20160409_075539.jpg

20160409_073226.jpg

20160409_081358.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, I hope you enjoy him. It's tough to decide which accessories to use with him, so many options.

I think I've said this before, but it seems you have to go through dozens of pics discarding shots left and right because they don't do much for you in terms of depicting the quality of this sculpt as it meets your eye. Whe all of a sudden....

3f3image.jpeg

Great picture that does the sculpt justice. Very nice.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Luke yesterday. Really wish I hadn't had to cancel when he was first released, but the coupon code made up for the deposit I lost.

3f3image.jpeg

Quite possibly the best picture of this figure. It looks fantastic in this shot.

I took my pictures with the googles to cover his hair (egg head) issue... It works for me.

NEW_web_IMG_7922.jpg

I still think it`s the wig that`s throwing the likeness off or something

I know people have done this before, notably JediJim, but I thought I'd post my own photo of HT Farmboy Luke with the SS X-Wing hairpiece:

HTLukeSSHair.jpg

With a bit of work - finding exactly the right spot, maybe a repaint of the hair - I think it could look really good.

Looks better, Tom. Were you able to find just the hair piece?

Thanks TonTon. No, I bought the whole figure last week when eBay UK were doing a 20% off promotion. It's a wonderful figure - the kind of figure I would have loved as a kid. Sadly the sculpt (or the paint job) is pretty terrible IMHO so I will replace it with the HT.

I agree with W-G, the Sideshow hair is pretty heavy looking and the all-one-shade-of-brown paint job is awful. At least I can't do any worse if I repaint it! It could probably do with some knife work to thin it out, but I'd be hesitant to start cutting into it.

The overall shape is better than the hot toys I think. But the detailing is awful, it looks like a chunky piece of wood with several grooves sliced into it. I think the same guy did tyrion's hands for threezero. Additional paint highlights might help it but I don't think it would solve the problems. The hot toys hairpiece has very nice detail, but the shape and color seem off.

I know people have done this before, notably JediJim, but I thought I'd post my own photo of HT Farmboy Luke with the SS X-Wing hairpiece:

View attachment 257704

With a bit of work - finding exactly the right spot, maybe a repaint of the hair - I think it could look really good.

That looks really good. Even though the SS hair has its issues it goes to show the likeness is there no matter what hair you use.

Back