1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone...I appreciate the kind words. ...it's all part of enjoying these figures.

Really like the different options for displaying him you've got going there, Fremen

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Finally put mine up for sale after some back and forth. Just can't take to the figure. Can't pose it, don't like the shirt (I know it's not a shirt) /material. My least favourite HT SW release.

Finally put mine up for sale after some back and forth. Just can't take to the figure. Can't pose it, don't like the shirt (I know it's not a shirt) /material. My least favourite HT SW release.

I just saw your ad on ebay could not believe that you dont like it. I will buy it in the next few days it looks great on photos that I saw so far. It is ANH Luke for me it is more iconic then Vader maybe.

ANH Luke is super iconic, but this release while somewhat impressive when you see all the parts distributed in a box, is a pretty low-end affair for Hot Toys. I'll concur with Para that the soft-goods are super weak-sauce and honestly, the sculpted stuff isn't much better. The long rifle for instance is laughable.

You want to know how badly HT wanted to save pennies on this one? Sculpted belt parts and re-use of the ESB/Bespin saber hilt is all you need to know.

Sorry to see Para is disappointed with this one.
I'm enjoying it immensley....

The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly....

20160209_125427.jpg

Sorry to see Para is disappointed with this one.
I'm enjoying it immensley....

The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly....

View attachment 244569

:eek :thud: :bow

That's incredible!

Probably a more flattering shot for the Sand Individual than Luke here, but the scene SCREAMS ANH! Congrats! Luke is a great figure, and he captures ANH Luke extremely well, but the sculpt does have its sweet spots and less than sweet spots if I'm being honest, but from ANY angle, he's the best licensed Luke we've ever seen, IM[Arrogant]O...

Had this figure a few weeks now, on the whole i realy like it... Its a grown up version of the luke skywalker action figure i had as a kid... How could i not like it?!

However im struggling to get a descent pose out of him... I think its the expression on the head sculpt... Hopeing to find some inspiration here!

Having fun with this guy.

Is the helmet supposed to go over the sculpt? I don't have my box nearby and haven't used it yet but isn't there a plug or something for the hlemet, or does it just slot over the hat hair like that? Worried it might scratch the sculpt.

Is the helmet supposed to go over the sculpt? I don't have my box nearby and haven't used it yet but isn't there a plug or something for the hlemet, or does it just slot over the hat hair like that? Worried it might scratch the sculpt.

There's no plug, but there's some padding on the inside of the blast shield.

Great shot, really fun, and nice to see some sunshine! Do you actually live near a desert?

Thanks for the compliments, folks....

Thanks Tom....no, I don't, unfortunately, but I'm working on that. :)
I have family that does and I get out there a few times a year if I'm lucky. Love it out there and it's great for photos of figures when I can.....

Aiming for a womp rat in Beggers Canyon....

HT ANH LUKE 001.jpg

Instructions show it's supposed to go over the hat head version of the sculpt.
Luke-Skywalker-MMS297-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-036.jpg

Back