1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine landed today (first day PO) and nothing to report upon unboxing. A stunning figure. Now on my way for some water treatment and posing :yess:

Wait -- so it does actually work? The hook opens and the line unspools? The Luke trooper with the same device is shown to have about 8 inches of line looks like, is that about correct? And the dial on the bottom re-spools the line?

That would be a great relief if it worked.

Just reporting that from what I've read and seen in videos. I'm WAY too scared to try it...

Starting to question Sideshow. Did the live chat, asked for early processing on Luke since I have one payment left in January. I ordered on day one of preorders so figured okay this shouldn't be a problem. Yep! Told me they didn't receive them all and can't process it yet.

First come, first serve not honored at Sideshow.

Paid In Full pre-orders would take precedence I think, as those are first come/first serve, as we have already paid; then flex as date paid off, and etc...That is how it should be. Just b/c you want to move up your flex now doesn't make your order more important than a paid in full order, regardless of order date, and how would they know who/how many people will want to move up their flex/or postpone flex as well. SS is doing it as they should be. Shipping soon here as well. :)

Paid In Full pre-orders would take precedence I think, as those are first come/first serve, as we have already paid;

I don't think it makes a difference. I paid up front (full PayPal payment at the time of ordering) for Luke and haven't so much as received a message saying anything about today. I got one on December 8 saying it was "shipping soon" but that's it.

"Item Shipping Soon" is the status on the order right now.

If the hook doesn't work, I'll probably end up selling the whole belt.

I don't think it makes a difference. I paid up front (full PayPal payment at the time of ordering) for Luke and haven't so much as received a message saying anything about today. I got one on December 8 saying it was "shipping soon" but that's it.

"Item Shipping Soon" is the status on the order right now.

I think it does, mine went from processing to shipping soon today. Also paid in full via PP, and got the email on the 8th that it should ship today. So who knows..

I hope the belt works, but if not it's one less thing to worry about breaking later down the line. ;)

Mine says shipping soon (prepaid in full with PayPal as well). Probably won't arrive until next week due to the holiday but I'm stoked!!

Anyone get/hear anything about the regular version? I need to order that one next as there's a limit of 1 on the EX.

Anyone get/hear anything about the regular version? I need to order that one next as there's a limit of 1 on the EX.

Oh yea, I was wondering how that worked with the limit. I am assuming it just won't let me order another one. So I guess I need the regular version to be available to order another one to use for my Yavin/Ceremonial Luke custom.

The hook "box" is an attachment to the belt so you don't need to get rid of the full belt. If you can get the hook attachment loose from the ST Luke it sounds like that's the way to go. Luckily (depending how you look at it) I have both Luke's so if I want the hook out I'll use the ST versions and transplant it to Farmboy Luke.

Back