1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Toronto too and just got the same call. Really can't wait - this may be my most anticipated figure of the year!

Make sure you have an account with FedEx and always make sure your account is on the paperwork - you'll pay just HST, automatically billed to your CC and won't have to cover any processing/disbursement fees - could save you $20+ per delivery.

Luke arrives on Christmas Eve!! Nice present from me to me! Actually, I got a check from Topps for some sketch cards I did earlier in the year, so it's like Topps is buying me Luke! :lol

Make sure you have an account with FedEx and always make sure your account is on the paperwork - you'll pay just HST, automatically billed to your CC and won't have to cover any processing/disbursement fees - could save you $20+ per delivery.

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea.

The longing boy is here...

Luke box.jpg

Really like him, but I never had a problem with the sculpt... even though it is glammed up. Very lifelike in hand. Hair has that great shine like the old DX7 did, sparkles like real hair.

He's light, and feet are very sturdy. Fabric is not as soft as I'd like. Could really use about 100 wash cycles. The tunic is stitched in odd places t create wrinkles -- instructions say do not undo or the fabric will not hang correctly again. I assume everyone will just snip the little thread holds.

Tons of gear. So much I haven't played with. Binocs have an "open" and "closed" attachment. Droid caller really hangs on a hook. Lightsaber is really bright. Didn't even pull out the hat or poncho.

Biggest disappointment: the one gimmick I wanted out of the whole box -- the Grappling rig does not work -- string pulls out a bit, but the dial at the bottom that would respool the line is glued stiff so I don't want to pull too much thread out.

Blaster is standard goodness, lightsaber hilt is very nice, and the rifle looks great. Belt details are awesome.

Luke 10.jpg

Biggest disappointment: the one gimmick I wanted out of the whole box -- the Grappling rig does not work -- string pulls out a bit, but the dial at the bottom that would respool the line is glued stiff so I don't want to pull too much thread out.

Did you get Stormtrooper Luke? I did, but haven't had time to mess with it much yet. I think that one might work, it says it does in the instructions. I likely will switch it with farmboys when I get him if it does.

Luke is showing up on the 30th... cant wait!! This will be just my 2nd Hot Toy as I now have the original stormtrooper.

Really like him, but I never had a problem with the sculpt... even though it is glammed up. Very lifelike in hand. Hair has that great shine like the old DX7 did, sparkles like real hair.

He's light, and feet are very sturdy. Fabric is not as soft as I'd like. Could really use about 100 wash cycles. The tunic is stitched in odd places t create wrinkles -- instructions say do not undo or the fabric will not hang correctly again. I assume everyone will just snip the little thread holds.

Tons of gear. So much I haven't played with. Binocs have an "open" and "closed" attachment. Droid caller really hangs on a hook. Lightsaber is really bright. Didn't even pull out the hat or poncho.

Blaster is standard goodness, lightsaber hilt is very nice, and the rifle looks great. Belt details are awesome.

View attachment 231558

Can't improve on this pic nor description except to drive the point home again - the amount of accessories is mind-boggling!! I opened the box and didn't even know where to begin. Tried a couple of different poses with some close-ups of the accessories. Bottom line, HT does amazeball things with the SW line!!

2015-12-23 16.19.56.jpg

2015-12-23 16.20.13.jpg

2015-12-23 16.20.25.jpg

2015-12-23 16.29.04.jpg

2015-12-23 16.22.02.jpg

2015-12-23 16.28.17.jpg

Back