1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the fact that a figure is only available for a short period of time (in this case, a few years), and therefore becomes relatively rare, is part of what makes it a Collectible.
As I never sell my figs, I don't care that much if the price goes up, or if it goes down, but if they are available for everyone to get at any time, then (to me), it's no different than a Marvel Select figure from ToysRUs.

You shouldn't collect one of these figures based on how rare it might or might not be - rereleases, reissues, repaints, etc are quite common with Hot Toys. If you think these are in any way comparable to a Marvel Select figure if they are more highly available, I'm unsure as to why you would be collecting them. If you derive your enjoyment of a figure based more on it's rarity (which you seem to do based on your comment about these being no different than Marvel Select) rather the quality of the figure and the representation of the characters you love then Hot Toys probably isn't the right product. You might look into getting into high-end statues if that's the case.

and now diecast Mk 43 being rereleased to coincide- as far as I can tell straight reissue with no changes. HT is gonna probably do this with all the diecast line of IMs

It's part of why I would just never pay scalping prices for the Avengers Loki or the early Arnie stuff I don't have. I just don't see why people would ask those prices and why people would pay them. Every production run of everything has an end. On the other hand, sometimes reissues occur. I don't see that dishonouring the buyers of the first run. If they were stamped limited number items like my three statues/dioramas I could almost understand an outcry. Personally though, even then I don't look at my statues as having a value and I'll never resale them (unless I get old and downsize my living). I display them because I love the Uncharted and The Last of Us games..

As I never sell my figs, I don't care that much if the price goes up, or if it goes down, but if they are available for everyone to get at any time, then (to me), it's no different than a Marvel Select figure from ToysRUs.

I get what you're saying, but I hope the re-release doesn't sour anyone on this item. Saying it would be no different than a toy from a toy store is a stretch considering something like that is a tiny fraction of what this costs and is produced in far larger quantities.

First, Hot Toys doesn't explicitly cap production numbers or make these figures numbered/limited editions.

Even in the rare instances where a figure like this gets re-released, the numbers produced will be minuscule and the total number of people who own one will still be very, very small. It's still exclusive, and really shouldn't lose any of that exclusivity to you. It's not like you're going to see some kid playing with it in the corner park.

Just enjoy it for what it is. Isn't life too short to be worried just because a handful of people you'll never meet or see will be able to get the same item you have?

I get what you're saying, but I hope the re-release doesn't sour anyone on this item. Saying it would be no different than a toy from a toy store is a stretch considering something like that is a tiny fraction of what this costs and is produced in far larger quantities.

First, Hot Toys doesn't explicitly cap production numbers or make these figures numbered/limited editions.

Even in the rare instances where a figure like this gets re-released, the numbers produced will be minuscule and the total number of people who own one will still be very, very small. It's still exclusive, and really shouldn't lose any of that exclusivity to you. It's not like you're going to see some kid playing with it in the corner park.

Just enjoy it for what it is. Isn't life too short to be worried just because a handful of people you'll never meet or see will be able to get the same item you have?

:goodpost::exactly:

Preordered thru BBTS. A few years ago I thought 900 was too expensive, but now I think it's pretty fair for what you get considering a normal hot toys figure is edging to $250.

My other reasoning is that after infinity war 2, I'm not sure I'll be buying much marvel. I've already got 1 iteration of the major players and I don't think I'll be jumping on a squirrel girl figure. Unlike my fellow freaks who must be independently wealthy (drug mules?) I don't really make enough money to buy every version of every figure, besides how many thor and iron man figures does one need?

So hulkbuster is probably the finale of sorts. I'm sure I'll change my mind by the time 2020 gets here but thats where I'm leaning. Besides earlier this year I bought the $800 lego falcon, so I guess what's another 300? :)

Ordered from Timewalker. $50 off and $20 shipping on this beast is a substantial savings since I live in a state BBTS taxes. Looking forward to 2020.

I thought I read this either here or on another forum but did Timewalker Toys actually double box the HT Hulkbuster back when it was released? For over a grand.I'd like as well protected as possible.

Did anyone order this from Alter Ego? They finally have a monthly payment plan, but the installments start right away rather than working back from the expected delivery (like Sideshow). Seems an odd choice on their part. Their prices are the same as Sideshow’s and they come out with an inferior installment plan. Strange.

Did anyone order this from Alter Ego? They finally have a monthly payment plan, but the installments start right away rather than working back from the expected delivery (like Sideshow). Seems an odd choice on their part. Their prices are the same as Sideshow’s and they come out with an inferior installment plan. Strange.

Paying things off early is always nice. You never know if it will ship 6 months early or something.

If you just buy it in one payment you don’t have to put any money down except $1 today. I guess that is the draw to purchase from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back