1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if scalpers will lower some prices or keep them the same on the original. You would think they would lower them and that may open up avenues for folks to get it. I find that very interesting to watch

They will drop but people will still pay more than retail just to have one now. A couple weeks after the IW Dr Strange was released people were still paying twice the price for the 1st Dr Strange figure because they did not want to wait.

They will drop but people will still pay more than retail just to have one now. A couple weeks after the IW Dr Strange was released people were still paying twice the price for the 1st Dr Strange figure because people are simply ****ing stupid

FTFY.

Well, their shipping charges haven’t changed yet that I’ve seen, so it’s unlikely. Plus you pay 20% up front as well as the shipping, so it would be locked in early.

Yeah i just was not sure when the changes would take effect and how much shipping would increase. Probably have a a couple months i would guess.

Not sure if anyone has answered this.. but has anyone tried removing the arm from the hulkbuster?

I do remember someone said they had tried to remove it before this version was ever announced and thought it was not designed to, or at least it was very hard to remove. But of course we know now it is designed to. I would imagine it would take some force to yank it out but that isn't something I would want to do with a collectible that cost so much.

How much is the accessory set releasing for? Proud owner of 1.0 here, to date it had to be the most beautiful piece HTs has put together

Imagine if hot toys F’d up and forgot to deign the 1st versions to pull the arm off??? Anyway there’s got to be some way to take it off, if it takes a lot of force I’m not even gonna bother switching the arms, not on a $1000 figure now

I for one am not happy they are re-releasing this, and I'm not embaressed to say it. I'm not upset about it, either, but I'm not happy with any re-release (I don't consider the diecast Marks 2-7 re-releases, for example, as they are significantly different than their predecessors).
I'm not a scalper, and have never sold any of my figs (and have no intention to). I got my HB at Retail Price when it was released (all for reference sake).
But the fact that a figure is only available for a short period of time (in this case, a few years), and therefore becomes relatively rare, is part of what makes it a Collectible.
As I never sell my figs, I don't care that much if the price goes up, or if it goes down, but if they are available for everyone to get at any time, then (to me), it's no different than a Marvel Select figure from ToysRUs.
When these go up for pre-order, EVERYONE has the opportunity to get one. I see people complain about "missing out" on a figure, but most of the time, they didn't "miss out", they just chose not to buy it when they had the chance. Sometimes it's for financial reasons (but if you can't spend a couple hundred bucks on figures, then you should be focusing on more important things, frankly), but most of the time it's because collectors are waiting to see how the production figure turns out, or how it reviews, or it's because they didn't really want the figure in the first place. Some get into the hobby later than others, so they were not around when the figure was initially released, but hunting down and finding a decent condition older fig, for a reasonable price, is also part of the fun of the hobby.

To suggest that it's egotistical or selfish to be happy or proud of having rarer pieces in your collection is ridiculous. Doesn't matter if it's 1/6 figures, statues, art, watches, shoes, spoons, coins, or automobiles, part of the enjoyment is always attached to the rarity of the piece.

I feel bad for those who paid scalper prices. It's interesting how some feel that it's good for the "community" that anyone who wants a HB can buy one at retail price, but for those "community" members who really wanted one, and ended up paying ridiculous scalper prices, are given no sympathy.

But that said, I'm torn on getting the accessory pack. At first, I was taken back by the price, but the size of the arm is pretty much the size of a 1/6 figure... maybe even a little longer. But I can't see how you could attach it, without doing some major surgery on your original HB (which I'm not sure I'd be willing to do). Also, although it's fully articulated, it's not a dynamic figure, and you can't really even get it in the pose that would use the jackhammer arm. At the same time though, it's a really robust looking arm, filled with all kinds of detail... it's a hard choice...

Back