1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, this one is tempting even though it's a rework of the stealth suit. I really like the changes made in the design. Likely the best red, white, and blue version we've seen. As far as I'm concerned anyway.

91409-magneto-perfection-gif-imgur-Y5qQ.gif

Figure proto looks great and they threw in an unmasked HS, instant buy for me. Wonder if they'll do an exclusive accessory?

I wonder if this goes up on Sideshow this weekend or Monday when they have business hours. I'll pre-order this if there's an exclusive, if not I'll look to pick one up on eBay after it's released.

I would have picked up the Stealth Cap but it was kind of a triple whammy: bad body, no unmasked head and no classic shield. That was just too much. This new figure resolves at least two of those three issues so they'd have to really mess this one up for me to pass

I would have picked up the Stealth Cap but it was kind of a triple whammy: bad body, no unmasked head and no classic shield. That was just too much. This new figure resolves at least two of those three issues so they'd have to really mess this one up for me to pass

If you get the 2 pack you'd have your unmasked headsculpt.

Sold my old Caps, and getting this definitive version..I cant get enough of American patriotic marvel hero's..Iron patriot and this side by side are perfect

This is a really nice looking figure. best Cap figure to date I think. suit design is a little fussy but the quality and the head sculpts look spot on. this might be my first Cap...

This looks so much cooler than The Avengers one, glad I just sold mine recently. I just hope there's a battle damaged shield, and maybe an extra accessory or too (though the helmet is great) and it'll be worth much more than the Avengers one to me.
yeah that's the reason I didn't get Stealth Cap either, and it's too much for too little

This is a really nice looking figure. best Cap figure to date I think. suit design is a little fussy but the quality and the head sculpts look spot on. this might be my first Cap...

Yeah, i think the suit is a little busy also not as clean as a the classic design but still picking it up.

Didn't think it would be that soon, but you'll get no complaints here.

Why not? It's almost all parts being re-used. Just new paints on the heads and a new chest uniform color, hands etc with a new shield and stand. This and MK43 are using old molds so makes sense it would be the first few to be up for PO, considering the market for Cap and Iron man. Thor would be up soon but that depends on the new head (if any) as that may not sell so well if the head is not good.

Here's an easier way to see the then and now comparison:

Avengers 1 VERSUS Avengers 2

Av 1 VS Av 2.jpg

Definitely busier but I like the incorporation of the browns -- adding the old-world military style to the modern look, like in the straps, belt and the "boot covers".

damn now I want both versions :lol

People still love to post unflattering pics of Evans Cap costume from the first Avengers movie but Hot Toys nailed it perfectly with how it should've looked. Sort of a harder denim-ish material. The first Avengers Cap is still my favorite HT figure ever.

Back