Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you would like to eliminate the entire base but I think if you just had the posts with the claws(?) they would hardly be noticeable.

You would have the ability to have multiple figures in a variety of dynamic poses without the bases getting in the way.

Can you imagine a couple figures in the forefront and a single figure on the Dynamic Post in the back in an awesome hover pose?

By claws are you referring to waist grabbers?

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + P...

Im pretty sure yankee means a free standing figure without the need of support...

Yes

I admit they are noticeable but the trade off is minimal considering what you could do with the figures.

Sure, you could pull off some neat dynamic displays which would look killer with IM figs especially.

Detolf shelves use tempered glass, I'm not sure if you'd be able to drill post holes into that. :dunno

Im pretty sure yankee means a free standing figure without the need of support...

Yep!

Sure, you could pull off some neat dynamic displays which would look killer with IM figs especially.

Detolf shelves use tempered glass, I'm not sure if you'd be able to drill post holes into that. :dunno

Yep!

Obviously you can not drill into the shelf but you could replace the shelf with a piece of wood and you could build lighting into the underside of the shelf to illuminate the display beneath it.

Or if the shelf is not removable then you could lay the wood on the shelf and still build led lighting into it.

you can get LED panels on ebay for about a $1 each and they can be hard wired to a 2-5 volt converter or you could just connect them to a battery box.

What is the size of a Deltof shelf?

I'll do a mock this weekend

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + P...

While that would be the best case scenario it isn't always possible.

Plus you could not do flight or hover poses.

I have been building custom display cases for all types of collectables for the past 30 years.

Most collectors are initially opposed to devices that protect the displayed item but if done right they are not that noticeable.

Obviously you can not drill into the shelf but you could replace the shelf with a piece of wood and you could build lighting into the underside of the shelf to illuminate the display beneath it.

Or if the shelf is not removable then you could lay the wood on the shelf and still build led lighting into it.

you can get LED panels on ebay for about a $1 each and they can be hard wired to a 2-5 volt converter or you could just connect them to a battery box.

What is the size of a Deltof shelf?

I'll do a mock this weekend

Replacing a glass shelf with wood completely kills the display cabinet for me personally. I just love the look of glass on all sides for this scale. That being said, I'd be willing to try another less obtrusive medium for the shelves such as acrylic maybe? My Detolfs are already wired with strip lighting so that's not an issue. The measurements of the shelves are 15 x 11 I believe.

Replacing a glass shelf with wood completely kills the display cabinet for me personally. I just love the look of glass on all sides for this scale. That being said, I'd be willing to try another less obtrusive medium for the shelves such as acrylic maybe? My Detolfs are already wired with strip lighting so that's not an issue. The measurements of the shelves are 15 x 11 I believe.

Might be worth experimenting with one acrylic shelf, to see how it looks?

Acrylic thick enough to drill a properly hole would be very expensive and heavy.

If you went with a 1/2" thick shelf with a 3/8" deep hole for the rod it might have enough depth to securely hold the rod but it would cot a lot

Some thing else to consider is that acrylic scratches easy.

BUT it could be done.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + P...

Jamming craft tack inside my figures is not appealing to me, and it still does not guarantee they won't topple.

a) It's not visible.

b) It makes the ankle joint incredibly strong. No toppling.

c) If you don't want to do anything to help yourself, you forfeit the right to complain.

The only figures I've ever had topple are Sideshow figures, and their ankles are constructed such they can't have this done to them (plus the generally crap bodies). My Mk IV has been free-standing in my display case since the day I fixed the floppy ankles. As are ALL my figures. Bar the sideshow ones. Never had one topple yet.

a) It's not visible.

b) It makes the ankle joint incredibly strong. No toppling.

c) If you don't want to do anything to help yourself, you forfeit the right to complain.

The only figures I've ever had topple are Sideshow figures, and their ankles are constructed such they can't have this done to them (plus the generally crap bodies). My Mk IV has been free-standing in my display case since the day I fixed the floppy ankles. As are ALL my figures. Bar the sideshow ones. Never had one topple yet.

Craft tack is no guarantee, stop acting like it's the end all be all solution. If it was nobody would use Ht stands ever, yet the majority do.

It isn't like you have discovered some unknown secret.

It's because you're wrong. Again. As usual.

woah woah woah

I think you guys are talking about 2 different thing yankee

He saying you can put tac inside the ball socket of the ankle joint to ad friction (this works wonders) its science :lol

Are you thinking he just meant use tac under the feet? that wont work nearly as well

Craft tack is no guarantee, stop acting like it's the end all be all solution. If it was nobody would use Ht stands ever, yet the majority do.

It isn't like you have discovered some unknown secret.

It's because you're wrong. Again. As usual.

Yet, here I am, no stands, no toppling.

You can blather on about me being wrong, but the results talk louder than your empty bluster.

Yet, here I am, no stands, no toppling.

You can blather on about me being wrong, but the results talk louder than your empty bluster.

The supposed of results of one are heavily outweighed by the majority bucko.

Other people are posting about their Mk 4 weak ankles and Mk 7's diving, but you can drone on as usual while you wait for everyone's Diecast figures to melt into a puddle. :lol

Back