Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Midas not being a "Toy Fair exclusive" probably had a smaller run, who knows. But Midas sold out in ~2 hrs.

Maybe I'm remembering the BD Mark VII, who knows anymore lol.

I'm pretty sure Midas last a full day before it went to waitlist.

Nah, it depends on how limited Hot Toys made this. Judging by price, they made Midas more limited.

Except that's pure speculation, Hot Toys didn't give any numbers like they did with the Avengers edition Mark VI. I think they realized they can make way more money if they just claim "it's super limited" than "3000 pieces".

Plus if they organised themselves well enough if they sold.out quick they can always put out more on the quiet ;)

Except that's pure speculation, Hot Toys didn't give any numbers like they did with the Avengers edition Mark VI. I think they realized they can make way more money if they just claim "it's super limited" than "3000 pieces".

Yup.

Basically, "SUPER LIMITED EDITION GOLD IRON MAN EXCLUSIVE, BUY NOW!". Throw Midas, a repaint, up for $300 and people will expect and accept more Iron Man figures at that price point. Case in point, all the folks that thought this Python was going to be the same price and were relieved when it was *only* $30 less and were surprised/excited by it.

Yup.

Basically, "SUPER LIMITED EDITION GOLD IRON MAN EXCLUSIVE, BUY NOW!". Throw Midas, a repaint, up for $300 and people will expect and accept more Iron Man figures at that price point. Case in point, all the folks that thought this Python was going to be the same price and were relieved when it was *only* $30 less and were surprised/excited by it.

Or it could mean, Hot Toys made 2,000 more Pythons than they did Midas and can sell it at a reduced price.

Quick example:

5,000 Midas @ $300=$1,500,000
7,000 Pythons @ $270=$1,890,000

Production costs
5,000 Midas @ $40 per figure=$200,000
7,000 Pythons @$45 per figure=$315,000

Profit
$1,500,000-200,000=1,300,000
$1,890,000-315,000=1,575,000

I think they tested on Midas to see how many people will buy the repainted Iron Man. That's why they are so limited. I think Midas was the first repainted Iron Man that was released right? It's just my assumption. Who knows lol

Anyway, Hot Toys! I'm still waiting for these.

Ordered, so excited, I know this hobby is expensive and they are just pretty much mix and matches of parts and paint from different armors, but I work hard for my money and I enjoy collecting the different armors

Ordered! Thanks for the notification! After I ordered the figure I went to look at the page again on Sideshow's website and accidentally typed "Pythong". :lol

$269 was a nice surprise, since it's not $300 (Midas), but I wouldn't say it's a GREAT price...

My point is if Hot Toys makes more of a certain figure than can sell it for less and still make more of a profit.

So, if you all think that production size doesn't factor into price, then you're wrong.

Oh, I didn't know Hot Toys may or may not have made 2,000 (ex.) more of Python than Midas. My bad. I didn't think they released edition sizes anymore, just "EXCLUSIVE", "LIMITED EDITION", "SUMMER CON" labels.

Have you ever noticed if you make more of something, production costs actually decrease slightly with the more you produce?

Back