1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what this is on the leg and if it could possibly be removed? I am thinking of trading for this figure and this was in the photos, so I wanted to make sure because it seems a bit noticeable.

20750586_10210201863711462_1235833692_n.jpg20750867_10210201880071871_473825896_n.jpg20750564_10210201873871716_143659989_n.jpg20786519_10210201873111697_168685259_n.jpg20771837_10210199782419431_428205033_o.jpg

Does anyone know? Trying to decide if I should do the deal or not, need to get back to the seller by tomorrow morning.

Ask the seller if he can try rubbing it off and show you a picture of it. If they say they can't get it off or don't want to risk it then you may not be able to get it off or they think they will damage it if they do - and if they think that then it's probably a stain that can't be removed.

Sure he's think in the comics, but it was based on ASM2, and even though Garfield was slim, he wasn't as slim as the figure is. I think the figure was perfect for fans of the comics rather than the film, and I wanted it as a representation of the film, so for me he was just to think and small, especially lined up with other figures.

I still think this is a great figure, but I agree that they went a little too slim with the frame. I also felt he lost some chin/jawline, but these were minor gripes compared to the full package.

I still think this is a great figure, but I agree that they went a little too slim with the frame. I also felt he lost some chin/jawline, but these were minor gripes compared to the full package.

Oh for sure! I loved this figure, but in the end, compared to my DC figures and other Marvel figures... he just looked out of place, abnormally thin, and Garfield wasn't that slim in the film. It just seemed like Hot Toys took liberties with the figure for really good articulation and close comic representation, he didn't really fit in any scale to the rest of the figures they make. To the same extent with Deadpool, but even Deadpool looks more weighty and proportionate. If they would remake ASM2 with a better proportion I would snap it up easily, it was great!

It didn't help I got the two black stripes on the head, it just became a figure that I loved to sort of being left in the shadows by my growing collection, yet I still regret it to a big extent.

Agreed. Didn't really like the movie but I got it because I love the McFarlane look and awesome pose-ability.

I don't even think the figure is too thin... when looking at photos from the film, HT got it about right. Plus, I have mine on the shelf beside HT Michael Jackson Thriller, and he's much thicker than Michael Jackson - which is about right to me.
HTASM2.jpg

Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere in this thread and if I missed it. But I took a shot at addressing the huge, obnoxious black streaks on this guy's head. Turns out, this is not a permanent stain on the mask. It is just the adhesive that is meant to hold the mask tight, and this doesn't leave a permanent stain. And as such, you can do some things to at least temporarily alleviate the problem. I carefully kneaded the mask around the side of the adhesive, so that I could pull it away from the adhesive without damaging the gray webbing part. And after I finished doing this in all areas where there was black, there was no noticeable black areas at all. Just the brighter red stitching down the middle (due to the seam where the red isn't as thin, and thus darkened by the black plastic head underneath). The tradeoff is that the mask doesn't fit quite as tightly, but it's a tradeoff I'll happily take. I don't know how long this will last before the black will show up again, but it worked for me. It also suggests you may be able to fully take off the mask, remove the adhesive, and re-attach the mask without the black remaining. Though I'm not brave enough to try this. The neck adapter is strongly attached into the bottom of the head, and damage to the mask could take place if someone tried to take this part out.

Looking to buy this figure. Preferably in new condition. DM me if anyone is selling for a decent price. Thanks! :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Should I buy this as a birthday gift for my brother?

I think it's better than the Homecoming version, he said he would like this one better too

But the grease/QC issue worries me, I will likely buy it from timcent over Ebay

Edit: just read 5-10 pages, I will probably look for a Batman version instead :)

I'm guessing the HK ones are batch 1 with the issues and the Sideshow ones are Batch 2 without any issues?

Any advice or direct ebay link for batch 2?

Thanks in Advance

I'm guessing the HK ones are batch 1 with the issues and the Sideshow ones are Batch 2 without any issues?

Any advice or direct ebay link for batch 2?

Thanks in Advance

Edit: I messaged the 2 US ones on Ebay, hoping one of them are Batch 2

Since I saw this thread thought I'd post here. I'm surprised ppl still want this version of Spider-Man with Spider-Man Homecoming and what not. I thought Homecoming was just ok. I made a bit of effort to get around that high pitched voice of Holland. Anyway ASM movies were bad yes, I think Garfield would've been great had there been better directing which is why he left from what I read and viewed from all of those Spider-Man crazy sources. I wasn't crazy about ASM2 suit at first but it warmed on me as I saw classic and even his ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT comic suit in it (mostly in the arms) wish they copied muscle style from Spider-Man Edge of Time though. I thought that showed the best balance b/w SM's slimness and muscular bulk. Only thing I'd like to do with this suit is remove the long spider legs from back and chest doesn't belong to me. Finally a pic from long ago: SM&DP (Shanghai edition-different box very simplistic but batch 2 guaranteed at least) hanging out together :)
5f06c7cf4eaefe66fcd62c6a894852b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back