1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy pics. Just for fun.

14372038_10153726197037441_2073298106625550076_o.jpg
14289877_10153726197032441_7794571296641098247_o.jpg

Great pics Dresky! I agree, it's the best of the Spidey figures so far. As much as I enjoyed Civil War, I still prefer this outfit with the big bug eyes...

Thanks all!

Yeah, i like the new spidey design, but this one is SO close to the comics.

14258329_10153706433752441_8663354761379678396_o.jpg

How hard would it be to unstitch the back of the head and remove the black then stitch back up?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was thinking this very thing today. Probably something you'd want to avoid. I could see the damage being irreversible. I was thinking paint but also not a outstanding idea either.

Hi guys, I just got my Spiderman out of the box again after being in storage for over a year and he has two black strips over his head, I've only managed to find something about it on the last page or two here but nothing else.

Has anyone else who has the figure found that the black marks have started to come through?

Also furthermore, can anyone who has kept theirs in the box report if they have the black stripes, and those that have had it out in display say if they have gotten them over time also.

I can't imagine why keeping it in storage would make it happen.

Also furthermore, can anyone who has kept theirs in the box report if they have the black stripes, and those that have had it out in display say if they have gotten them over time also.

I can't imagine why keeping it in storage would make it happen.

yes lots of people are having this issue. in box and out of box. it appears the tape under the head starts showing thru after time on certain peoples' figures. my stuff is in the preferred environment... in a case, no sun light, normal humidity, 77 degrees constant temp... and it showed up on mine after about a year.

Great pics Kaneisin33!!! Such an awesome representation of Spidey (regardless of the movie).
I've had mine on the shelf, out of direct light, for a couple years, and you can barely see the black coming through under certain lighting conditions. I should also mention, I don't touch his head much. I've only posed him dynamically a few times to take pics, but I leave him in an almost museum pose so as not to risk any creases or stretches in the suit. I don't know how much playing with it, or touching the mask, impacts that black tape effect...

I had mine in the box and the black spots/strips came anyway. Kept in cool dry cupboard too. So I think either way the spots will come, does not matter if you touch the head or not.

1 tip I have is this. I have used my fingernail to rub the black spots but gently till it disappears. It is temporary and will come back again but just do the method all over. Make sure your nails are not very sharp so as not to tear the material and to avoid scratching the silver pattern. My nails are blunt. BEWARE! As constant rubbing/scratching may lead to wearing down of the red material over time. So only do it if you want to take pictures and leave him be till you need to use the method again. Only perm solution I can think of will probably require removal of mask which I dare not do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 funny thing I noted while taking out Spidey from his box to redo the method again (to ensure it does work) so that I can mention it here was that the Spidey on the box art has 2 black shadows on his mask/head too. Accuracy from Hot Toys when you least need it. Heh!

1 funny thing I noted while taking out Spidey from his box to redo the method again (to ensure it does work) so that I can mention it here was that the Spidey on the box art has 2 black shadows on his mask/head too. Accuracy from Hot Toys when you least need it. Heh!

Hahahah, going to have to check this. I just don't understand why the Spider-man 3 doesn't have this...

so it's pointless trying to get a new one, they will all succumb to it regardless of how they're maintained and kept? I always handle my figures with gloves on so as to not get grease or marks on them, I live in the UK so it's never really that humid apart from in the summer and all of them have been in storage for over a year.

It's a shame, because aside from a small nitpicks, it's a great figure, and in direct sunlight his suit is stilla nice red and the strips aren't as noticeable but under room light it is noticeable and the red looks dull, and this is the best version of the costume also.

It's comforting, in the most annoying way, however that this is a problem affection most/all of them. However I can't really find much about it googling the issue, nothing comes up. I'm surprised I haven't seen any attempts to fix it also. Would have thought there would be some brave modders out there.

Back