1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a fair price to ask for this, for those of us that have the darkened mask issue? Mine is only two small stripes, but still... it's noticeable. Just looking for opinions. Selling it locally (as in not here) and was thinking $100 might be a good benchmark? o_O

Mine just started to show the black stripes recently too... Seems to be happening to all of them like the pink panties Iron Man issues with the early figures. Kind of bummed as this is definitely the best representation of Spidey. The movie (ASM 2) blows, but the best costume yet (other than the spider on his back) as a near perfect comic representation.

Hopefully Marvel gives him a better suit more faithful to his classic look in an upcoming MCU movie, as the homecoming suit doesn't do it for me. Just stinks too knowing Spidey will likely have a slightly different costume in every movie like all the other heroes... Cause, you know, merchandising.... :slap

I recently just sold mine for about 160 pounds, not sure how that was in dollars - mine had the black stripes too, the other person buying didn't mind. I would have preferred keeping it but it was annoying me, plus compared to my others in my collection he looks extremely anorexic.

I recently just sold mine for about 160 pounds, not sure how that was in dollars - mine had the black stripes too, the other person buying didn't mind. I would have preferred keeping it but it was annoying me, plus compared to my others in my collection he looks extremely anorexic.

Based on most artist renderings & drawings of him through his history, Spidey has always been thinner than most Super Heroes. He's never had a body builder type body.. Remember he was an anorexic looking teen in HS!!

Selling local is tricky. People just want to lowball you. No way I'd get $200 for it. Might can squeeze $150 tops. I was selling my exclusive Sideshow Obi-Wan Kenobi through Facebook and some guy wanted it for 40 or 50 dollars. The hell, lol.

Part of me really doesn't want to part with it, but I don't have room to store it, much less display it, and the official Avengers adopted Spider-man will look just as good. I will surely miss the big bug eyes though. :(

Seems nothing you do will prevent the stains at this point and getting them out, as of yet, will just ruin the figure eventually. I hope this is the last Spidey that is plagued by some serious issue for a while. He needs a break. One of our most beloved childhood fictional heroes certainly deserves better.

Based on most artist renderings & drawings of him through his history, Spidey has always been thinner than most Super Heroes. He's never had a body builder type body.. Remember he was an anorexic looking teen in HS!!

Thinner yes but I'd say starting in the issue 65 range he bulked up - some of the 90-150 issues he's a brick **** house - with McFarlane finally bringing back that lanky but muscular physique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinner yes but I'd say starting in the issue 65 range he bulked up - some of the 90-150 issues he's a brick **** house - with McFarlane finally bringing back that lanky but muscular physique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you are correct... I have probably around 300 - 400 Spider-Man comics. I love the McFarlane look and the Bagley look. Bagley brought him back to skinny the most after McFarlane & Erik Larsen. Some artists did draw him bulky, but he was never intended to be so. If you look at Marvel Select & Marvel Legends 6" figures he is also skinny. Tom Holland also has the same build as did Garfield.

My point really was that HT made him that way as that's how he was portrayed. He could've been a little bigger, but then he wouldn't have been accurate to the source. If you look up pics of Garfield, he was very thin in the movie, and showed very little musculature.

You guys are making me nostalgic. McFarlane Spidey is the one I grew up with. Brings me back to being a care-free kid who only wanted to play basketball and draw "McFarlane Spider-Man," which at the time was just "Spider-Man" to me :lol. Loved that webbing.

Sure he's think in the comics, but it was based on ASM2, and even though Garfield was slim, he wasn't as slim as the figure is. I think the figure was perfect for fans of the comics rather than the film, and I wanted it as a representation of the film, so for me he was just to think and small, especially lined up with other figures.

Too bad about the stripes. I wish you could use a watered down red dye to brighten them though it looked like the qtip and warm water helped. I still haven't opened mine it's probably the black symbiote Spiderman costume by now.

Damn i just saw the black stripes on mine :(. I am assuming theres no fixing this without removing the mask.

If it's an oily stain, has anyone tried a little dish detergent and water on a toothbrush?

Back