1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i am disappointed. Someone recently broke into my car and stole my avengers loki that i had so I was looking forward to replacing it with a superior version but seeing this really makes me weep for my avengers version.

Now that my excitement has worn from him being announced, I can finally examine him and boy do they got lot of things to fix.

1. The head sculpt doesn't look like Loki
  2. The colour of the armor should be more tarnished and not like the Avengers gold
  3. The vambraces are on the wrong arms
  4. The armor by his ribs are space too far apart
  5. The scales by his waist should smaller and more to the right
  6. The split between the tunic is too centred it should be more to the right
  7. The costume is too bulky

Hopefully by the time of actually release they would have fixed everything.

"You must be truly desperate" is a perfect metaphor for this figure. Avengers Loki without the accessories and a pretty terrible sculpt.

"But Mommy --Look! This Loki comes with a DIFFERENT set of manacles!"

Now that my excitement has worn from him being announced, I can finally examine him and boy do they got lot of things to fix.

1. The head sculpt doesn't look like Loki
  2. The colour of the armor should be more tarnished and not like the Avengers gold
  3. The vambraces are on the wrong arms
  4. The armor by his ribs are space too far apart
  5. The scales by his waist should smaller and more to the right
  6. The split between the tunic is too centred it should be more to the right
  7. The costume is too bulky

Hopefully by the time of actually release they would have fixed everything.

Hot Toys, are you reading this? ^^^^ Make it happen, lol

I didn't know they replaced Tom Hiddleston in Thor 2, was Robert Carlyle any good?

LOL, I always thought Robert Carlyle would be a good older version of Loki -- I actually used him as a reference once for a Loki commission :)

First it was Stark, then it's Thor...and now Loki. All the phase 2 head sculpt of phase 1 characters are messed up. I am starting to worry about the upcoming Cap and Black Widow head sculpts. So the Avengers was a home run and all the phase 2 head sculpts will be strike outs?

IMO the prototype headsculpts of Tony Stark sculpt for Mark 42 and Thor from The Dark World -- both from Phase 2 -- are better compared to the Avengers versions' final product.

I was really excited for this because A) I preferred Loki's portrayal in TDW B) I prefer his more subdued look in TDW compared to his design in Avengers (if I wanted a helmeted Loki, I would've gone for the original "King Loki" version from Thor with his older outfit). But seeing this, there's no other way of saying it, the head sculpt is terrible. I really find it odd that they'd pick a similar expression yet they still managed to screw up the sculpt (a grin would've been preferable if they really felt the need to use a similar expression). It's ridiculous how this costs more than the Avengers Loki. The aether really should have been part of the standard release considering the little amount of accessories you get for such a hefty price. As much as I prefer TDW Loki over Avengers Loki (movie-wise), I'm honestly so disappointed with this that I'm hesitant to even pre-order.

I want the aether & chains...they can keep the rest.

Problem is I don't want to pay half the price of this figure for some accessories.

Anyone buying this and want to reduce their cost? I'm willing to pay $100 bucks. That would bring your cost to $130. How about it?

You can probably just get the parts from Toy Anxiety afterwards, or eBay.

I want the aether & chains...they can keep the rest.

Problem is I don't want to pay half the price of this figure for some accessories.

Anyone buying this and want to reduce their cost? I'm willing to pay $100 bucks. That would bring your cost to $130. How about it?

The boots on this figure look very detailed, and the suit isn't bad either. I wonder if the avergers helmet would fit on this figure?

The boots on this figure look very detailed, and the suit isn't bad either. I wonder if the avergers helmet would fit on this figure?

Doesn't seem like it would.. his hair is sculpted more and not flat and smooth like the Avengers one.

Remember. product shown isn't necessarily going to be the final product, so there's a chance it will change. I'm going to wait for Thor 3 Loki, have a feeling that one will be much more improved with better accessories. Hopefully the ice casket freezing weapon from Thor1 as an EX perhaps?

Easy pass. Glad I have the Avengers version, this is a really basic release for $230.

Looks like figures from Avengers 2 will be a $250 starting price tag at this rate...

What are you basing these feelings on? :lol

The "principle" of saving the best for last. :yess: I just hope it doesn't follow the same route as movie trilogies, lol
Can't really say that yet about HT figures since Joker and Batman DX3.0 hasn't been released yet.

How many of those Infinity "gems" have we seen on screen so far aside from the Tesseract and Aether? I can see people wanting to collect them all.

Older one better not shoot up in price because I've been wanting to get it but can't afford to at the moment.....so of course its gonna happen. :mad:

Older one better not shoot up in price because I've been wanting to get it but can't afford to at the moment.....so of course its gonna happen. :mad:

I was watching one on eBay at $129 and then the next day it shot up to $300 with 3-4 days still remaining, and so I unwatched it. :lol

It's crazy, those prices on eBay!!! This new Loki pre-rder listings already went up and they're more than the $229.99 price. Don't people know that it isn't even up for pre-order yet?? haha

Back