1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1535565_687875941264619_1688953649_n.jpg

Its a nice sculpt, not Tom in his portrayal of Loki, but decent.....Pass (wishing I would of gotten the Avengers Loki when I had the opportunity.)

I like the more streamlined costume, but the lack of accessories / extra headsculpt is a bummer, especially if it's going to be $230.

Well shoot, I would love a Loki and missed the Avengers one, but without some changes this won't be high on my list.

I ended up skipping the Avengers version, have a tiny pang of regret after seeing this. I would rather have The Dark World version of Loki, but not with that head sculpt and too few accessories. Not sure what I will end up doing, will probably wait until I can see display pictures. I really want the aether if I do end up getting this though. I might just PO the ex version and cancel it if they don't make any changes to the head sculpt... really disappointed right now. I was really looking forward to having this to go with Thor. And what sucks even more is that since the aether is coming with Loki, the chances of a Malekith just dropped dramatically.

This is a moment where I'm glad that I got the Avengers Loki at a normal price and got an extra head on Toy Anxiety so that I can still get this and mod the hell out of the heads to have the Avengers head with the TDW hair for the perfect TDW Loki!!!

This is a moment where I'm glad that I got the Avengers Loki at a normal price and got an extra head on Toy Anxiety so that I can still get this and mod the hell out of the heads to have the Avengers head with the TDW hair for the perfect TDW Loki!!!

tumblr_meok5gkrNf1rxmai6o1_500.gif

Just a quick thing, I LOVE your profile picture...and that pleases me.

Thanks Onaisan! :hi5:

I was wondering when someone would mention scooping up an Avengers Loki head and popping it on the DW body. Looks like you made a wise investment! ;)

^^ Thanks man! I actually wasn't even going to get the Avengers one until I saw the the first trailer for TDW, which brings up the price of this figure, due to the lack of accessories of Loki in the movie I feel like they should leave the figure, stand, and dagger, with SE aether and judging off of this headsculpt left the price at $189.99 IMO.

I've only now just seen the price, FECK OFF! with that $230, I got my DX13 for $280... stupid.

This would be a good opportunity for someone who missed out on the Avengers Loki other than that, I see no appeal to getting him. The outfit is almost exactly the same besides some areas that are brown and missing his upper arm armor. The headsculpt doesn't do it for me. I like the Avengers one much better. The only real appeal I see to this guy is the Aether and the shackles look awesome.

Can tell who its supposed to be but its undoubtedly off. I too think the first sculpt is better.

I agree, plus the Avengers Loki was always going to be difficult to top -so glad I managed to get one. Was really looking forward to seeing this and was expecting something a lot better than what they've shown so far. Hope they will fix the likeness issue. :pray:

Now that my excitement has worn from him being announced, I can finally examine him and boy do they got lot of things to fix.

1. The head sculpt doesn't look like Loki
  2. The colour of the armor should be more tarnished and not like the Avengers gold
  3. The vambraces are on the wrong arms
  4. The armor by his ribs are space too far apart
  5. The scales by his waist should smaller and more to the right
  6. The split between the tunic is too centred it should be more to the right
  7. The costume is too bulky

Hopefully by the time of actually release they would have fixed everything.

Good points - Hot Toys - take note!! :lecture This collector knows their Loki figures! :lol

Remember. product shown isn't necessarily going to be the final product, so there's a chance it will change. I'm going to wait for Thor 3 Loki, have a feeling that one will be much more improved with better accessories. Hopefully the ice casket freezing weapon from Thor1 as an EX perhaps?

Slightly encouraged by the fact that it is just the 'Prototype' so may be changed for the better - wouldn't even mind them delaying the release of it, if it gave them extra time to correct the sculpt. Any pre-orders for this figure are gonna be a real 'leap of faith' for collectors! I'm probably still going to get it to go with my Dark World Thor (now there is a great scuplt!), but just could and should have been so much better. :(

You can probably just get the parts from Toy Anxiety afterwards, or eBay.

This is common knowledge bro...thanks for the input though.

The issue will be finding them at the right price. These parts will easily be THEE most sought after break down parts from this figure so the price will likely climb.

If there is a Freak who intends on buying this or is on the fence about the purchase due to the cost, maybe we can help each other out. Worked great for me and another member with the DX 10. He wanted a Galleria mall representation but didn't want to pay full price and I wanted the Cyberdyne weapons...worked out for both of us.

And neither of us had to compete on ebay for what we wanted, pay ebay fees or stalk Toy Anxietys website to get em!

Easy peasy! Its a much better solution, I assure you.

Back