1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: SHOTGUN Mark XL Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh MAN!!! This looks great, but I can't WAIT until Hot Toys repaints this into Shades! And let's face it--we know that's coming. ;)

How much the code discounts?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I visited a freind tonight who has this figure.The phrase 'Photos do not do it justice' could have been invented for it.In hand it is perfect.The first time you pop the shield down and the eyes light up is a very special moment indeed and the colour really pops!!It has great articulation too.Ive been waiting three years for this suit from Hot Toys and it hasn't been in vain.

i think i may have been scammed for the first time (or may be getting scammed).. which is crazy considering how long i've been collecting and how many figures i've bought..

but, last night i pulled the trigger on this figure, via eBay, rather than waiting for BBTS to start shipping theirs.

now.. i haven't yet been scammed, but i just get that feeling that this'll be it.

first.. i paid $285. okay that wouldn't seem fishy at first, but it's also free expedited shipping with an estimated arrival of sometime next week.

second.. it's coming from china. now, it's not always the case that something coming from there is going to be a scam, but if it is a scam that tends to be its origin.

lastly.. number 1 just seems like it's too good to be true. $285 is the BBTS price, and the cheapest i could find on eBay is up around $300.

the good things are that he's been a seller since 05.. i don't see any negative feedback, he's sold similar items, and the buyers all seem to be different people.

who knows.. i just wanted to post my suspicions. it's been about 24 hours and it hasn't shipped. hopefully it'll go out soon and everything will work out. worse that happens is that i file a dispute.

anyways, after this i think i'm going to end my brief dip into the house party figures. i have starboost and heartbreaker. i had sneaky preordered for a while and looked into getting centurion, but i canceled in leu of this.. this figure will make it feel a little more complete since when the armors first show up, it's heartbreaker flanked by starboost and shotgun. that'll be how i display them.

I also have heartbreaker and starboost... hmm, forgot that they were the first 3, thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully SG and starboost don't upstage heartbreaker, those are two fine looking armors.

Sounds like you'll be okay on the eBay transaction, I wouldn't be worried given the sellers history.

Post some pics of the trio once you have him in hand!

i think i may have been scammed for the first time (or may be getting scammed).. which is crazy considering how long i've been collecting and how many figures i've bought..

but, last night i pulled the trigger on this figure, via eBay, rather than waiting for BBTS to start shipping theirs.

now.. i haven't yet been scammed, but i just get that feeling that this'll be it.

first.. i paid $285. okay that wouldn't seem fishy at first, but it's also free expedited shipping with an estimated arrival of sometime next week.

second.. it's coming from china. now, it's not always the case that something coming from there is going to be a scam, but if it is a scam that tends to be its origin.

lastly.. number 1 just seems like it's too good to be true. $285 is the BBTS price, and the cheapest i could find on eBay is up around $300.

the good things are that he's been a seller since 05.. i don't see any negative feedback, he's sold similar items, and the buyers all seem to be different people.

who knows.. i just wanted to post my suspicions. it's been about 24 hours and it hasn't shipped. hopefully it'll go out soon and everything will work out. worse that happens is that i file a dispute.

anyways, after this i think i'm going to end my brief dip into the house party figures. i have starboost and heartbreaker. i had sneaky preordered for a while and looked into getting centurion, but i canceled in leu of this.. this figure will make it feel a little more complete since when the armors first show up, it's heartbreaker flanked by starboost and shotgun. that'll be how i display them.

Who's the ebay seller? I've been buying from China for quite some time without any problems and saving many many bucks....

I also have heartbreaker and starboost... hmm, forgot that they were the first 3, thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully SG and starboost don't upstage heartbreaker, those are two fine looking armors.

Sounds like you'll be okay on the eBay transaction, I wouldn't be worried given the sellers history.

I'm still in the fence about this one.

I have Igor, Bones, Tank and Starboost (I buy Hot Toys armors by the looks only, Shotgun seems really cool).

But I started the 1/12 comicave collection lately, which I'm considering trying to be completist about. I already have Mark42, War Machine, Shotgun and Igor.

Really unsure how to deal with my Hot Toys armors now, I was considering, prior to the comicave collection, to add Sneak, Shotgun & Mark 3 War Machine and was on the fence on the Silver Centurion.

One of the reasons I started comicave is that I have a few 1/12 collections (Mezco collective, DC icons and Figma).

I have Igor, Bones, Tank and Starboost (I buy Hot Toys armors by the looks only, Shotgun seems really cool).

But I started the 1/12 comicave collection lately, which I'm considering trying to be completist about. I already have Mark42, War Machine, Shotgun and Igor.

Really unsure how to deal with my Hot Toys armors now, I was considering, prior to the comicave collection, to add Sneak, Shotgun & Mark 3 War Machine and was on the fence on the Silver Centurion.

One of the reasons I started comicave is that I have a few 1/12 collections (Mezco collective, DC icons and Figma).

Any photos mate off the comicave compared to hot toys?

yeah, i had the screenshot of that part of the scene saved on my phone for a while and it wasn't until recently that i looked at it again and realized that it's heartbreaker flanked by starboost and shotgun. for the longest time i had it in my head that it was centurion and not starboost. i'm glad it's shotgun, because i personally prefer the look of shotgun over centurion, and it adds a little more color variation to my collection.

i think starboost has been my favorite of all i've seen so far. but heartbreaker was one of the armors, that when i first saw it, i was hoping it'd play a bigger role in the finale.. i just thought it looked really badass.

Who's the ebay seller? I've been buying from China for quite some time without any problems and saving many many bucks....

his name is "astro-andy".. it still hasn't shipped which is making me even more nervous.. well, i should stop being nervous since it'll be fairly easy to be refunded by either eBay or paypal. but still. i was excited that the expected arrival was next week.

those figures really do look incredible. they're perfect for these types of characters (well, armors).

for my personal preference, i've been trying to go more 1/6.. but i still have a bunch of 1/12 figures that i have coming. but i'm definitely phasing out the main line retail release 1/12 figures.

there's just too much cool stuff out there. it's difficult to keep focus.

I would just send the seller a message and ask if he's shipping soon, that may give you a better idea.

I'm a fan of Heartbreaker also but I think the other 2 just came out better. I was in love with the PI 1/4 Heartbreaker prototype that was never made.

I have all the same 1/12 armors as you minus Igor, and also some figuarts and others. I like filling in some of the other armors in 1/12, as I don't have the funds or space to buy too many more 1/6 IM.

Shotgun and Mark 46 are definitely on the radar, and I also like the Iron Legion armor. I'll probably wait for a deal to come along, or hope I lose interest (doubtful).

I checked out that seller and I don't see any red flags although he doesn't have too many sales. The figure sales he does have look to be real ebayers I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Last edited:
I would just send the seller a message and ask if he's shipping soon, that may give you a better idea.

I'm a fan of Heartbreaker also but I think the other 2 just came out better. I was in love with the PI 1/4 Heartbreaker prototype that was never made.

I have all the same 1/12 armors as you minus Igor, and also some figuarts and others. I like filling in some of the other armors in 1/12, as I don't have the funds or space to buy too many more 1/6 IM.

Shotgun and Mark 46 are definitely on the radar, and I also like the Iron Legion armor. I'll probably wait for a deal to come along, or hope I lose interest (doubtful).

I checked out that seller and I don't see any red flags although he doesn't have too many sales. The figure sales he does have look to be real ebayers I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I think those 1/12 figures look great together.. It's definitely a more affordable way of acquiring more armors, plus the added bonus of figures in that scale from other companies being even more affordable.

Personally though, I've liked the look of the mafex iron man armors over the figuarts.. But, when I compare the two companies figures in hand, the figuarts definitely feel a bit higher in quality.

I have the mafex 45 preordered since hasbro decided not to do one. (Iron man armors are the only hasbro legends figures I pick up these days)

Anyways, after looking further into the shotgun listing, it does say "will ship within 3 days of payment".. It's only been one. So, I'm going to hold off on sending him a message. I have no reason to be doubtful yet.

I'm just pumped that I actually pulled the trigger on this. I sort of preferred sneaky over this one. (Except for sneaky's design below the knees, but that's not hot toys' fault). I really liked the concept of sneaky being designed based off of stealth fighter jets. But, in the end it is barely shown at all in the actual movie.. So that swayed my opinion a bit.

I may ultimately get sneaky, but shotgun moved to 'must have' status.. The battle damage, the tony head sculpt, the fact that he wore the armor twice in the movie, and that it just flat out looks cool and different is extremely appealing.

Not to mention, the scene where killian attempts to cut his leg off and tony removes it from the armor is pretty awesome.

Any photos mate off the comicave compared to hot toys?

Sadly, I never had enough space for my figures and my OCD regarding cleaning doesn't allow me to just open them anywhere and anytime. Most of my figures spend most of their "lives" in their boxes. [emoji40]

I haven't even opened all my comicave yet (got them this month), but I will try to take photos any of these days. At least Igors, side by side.

I'm hopeful that I might move at the end of this year or next year and finally have space for some protected shelves to make my exhibition.
[emoji1]

yeah, i had the screenshot of that part of the scene saved on my phone for a while and it wasn't until recently that i looked at it again and realized that it's heartbreaker flanked by starboost and shotgun. for the longest time i had it in my head that it was centurion and not starboost. i'm glad it's shotgun, because i personally prefer the look of shotgun over centurion, and it adds a little more color variation to my collection.

i think starboost has been my favorite of all i've seen so far. but heartbreaker was one of the armors, that when i first saw it, i was hoping it'd play a bigger role in the finale.. i just thought it looked really badass.

his name is "astro-andy".. it still hasn't shipped which is making me even more nervous.. well, i should stop being nervous since it'll be fairly easy to be refunded by either eBay or paypal. but still. i was excited that the expected arrival was next week.

those figures really do look incredible. they're perfect for these types of characters (well, armors).

for my personal preference, i've been trying to go more 1/6.. but i still have a bunch of 1/12 figures that i have coming. but i'm definitely phasing out the main line retail release 1/12 figures.

there's just too much cool stuff out there. it's difficult to keep focus.

Funnily, I'm going the opposite direction.
Figma are one of my main focus (I really like some female anime design and Figma is amazing with that, and keep my anime collecting "fever" under check).

When I got the Mezco Batman 1:12 I loved it. And the new DC Icons are also really attracting me.

At the same time, I came from a long collecting hiatus (mostly due to work, for a few years, completely stopped living) and found my 1:6 collection (that was at around 140 figures) completely out of sync with what I wanted.

I'm refocusing on the mentioned 1:12 (plus comicave, that are my newest line) and decided to keep (and buy, cause I lost a lot of releases meanwhile) some selected 1:6 (mostly alien / robotic / armored figures, which I love visually; and a few characters that are iconic for me). From 140 I'm going down to around 20-30 figures.

Back