1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3: SHOTGUN Mark XL Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily, I'm going the opposite direction.
Figma are one of my main focus (I really like some female anime design and Figma is amazing with that, and keep my anime collecting "fever" under check).

When I got the Mezco Batman 1:12 I loved it. And the new DC Icons are also really attracting me.

At the same time, I came from a long collecting hiatus (mostly due to work, for a few years, completely stopped living) and found my 1:6 collection (that was at around 140 figures) completely out of sync with what I wanted.

I'm refocusing on the mentioned 1:12 (plus comicave, that are my newest line) and decided to keep (and buy, cause I lost a lot of releases meanwhile) some selected 1:6 (mostly alien / robotic / armored figures, which I love visually; and a few characters that are iconic for me). From 140 I'm going down to around 20-30 figures.

It's always good to have focus.

I wish we were all rich and had unlimited space lol.. That way you wouldn't have to make tough decisions on direction.

My 1/6 collection isn't very large.. I mainly started out as a transformers collector. Now I only pick up the masterpiece figures which has freed up a decent amount of money for other things.

I was just starting to hate plunking down $20 for main line figures that are cool at the time, but after a while they just wind up being cheap looking toys.

I'd much rather spend, for instance, $250 for 4 figuarts turtles than $80 for 4 playmates turtles.

I guess I'm just looking out for the future.. Which figures am I going to be happy with 5-10 years from now. I have two rooms utterly packed with crap prior to instituting that philosophy.

It's always good to have focus.

I wish we were all rich and had unlimited space lol.. That way you wouldn't have to make tough decisions on direction.

My 1/6 collection isn't very large.. I mainly started out as a transformers collector. Now I only pick up the masterpiece figures which has freed up a decent amount of money for other things.

I was just starting to hate plunking down $20 for main line figures that are cool at the time, but after a while they just wind up being cheap looking toys.

I'd much rather spend, for instance, $250 for 4 figuarts turtles than $80 for 4 playmates turtles.

I guess I'm just looking out for the future.. Which figures am I going to be happy with 5-10 years from now. I have two rooms utterly packed with crap prior to instituting that philosophy.

I completely understand you. I mentioned my present collection direction, but I have hundreds of DC Direct, hasbro Star Wars and other stuff I got as an impulse (gundam, microman, titanium ships, GIJoe, etc). Selling all these have been a pain. I just don't understand how could I be so unfocused in the past.

so.. out of the blue (i hadn't messaged him at all) i got a message from the eBay seller..

"Hi Tim,

Just to update you the status of your order. The MK40 has been packed securely in a mk22 "brown card box" and is ready to ship. However, the weather is pretty bad here but I will try to get it shipped today, or otherwise tomorrow.

Cheers!"

and not too wrong after receiving that message, it looks like he has shipped it and i have a tracking number. so, it looks like my scam-free streak will continue. (knock on wood)

i still can't believe it was $285 with free shipping. i mean, it's not a crazy cheap price or anything, it's just surprising to see a price like that on a figure that hasn't yet reached the states and with free shipping on top of it.

what really sold me on this figure, are the thin white outlines on this armor. they aren't all that noticeable in a lot of shots, but when you see it up close and in certain lighting, they really look cool. i wish i had a few more scuff marks here and there. but he does have some, which look quite nice.

i guess the only real complaint i'd have about this figure, which is the same complaint i have about a lot of these armors, is that i wish he had some more weaponry.. that's not hot toys' fault, so, i wish in the movie he used more pop out weaponry. like, the shoulder missiles on the mark 6 are awesome, and the forearm missile on the 42 is really cool.. i wish all of the armors included such things.

I completely understand you. I mentioned my present collection direction, but I have hundreds of DC Direct, hasbro Star Wars and other stuff I got as an impulse (gundam, microman, titanium ships, GIJoe, etc). Selling all these have been a pain. I just don't understand how could I be so unfocused in the past.

lol yeah, i totally know what you mean.

i haven't decided to sell any of the junk that i have though.. i think i may donate it, or wait and give it to family friends who have kids. a few years ago i was able to get rid of a bunch of transformers and 3.75" star wars figures. my moms neighbors kid was just getting into that stuff at the time. selling the stuff, at this point, just feels like it'd be too much of a hassle. what i'd really like to do is go through it all, organize it and store them nicely. and figure out which stuff i want to get rid of and which things i want to keep.

Mine cleared customs today!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Mine cleared customs today!!

mine just arrived in new york today.. hopefully it'll get to my house on monday or tuesday (i live in southeastern pennsylvania, just out side of philadelphia)

3d263ca8d0b48878aedb3f7ccc98f443.jpg

Finally here!! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Yes , this armour is ,finally, very different fron the other ones. I like em all but this one is a breath of fresh air. The metallic paint is very very good even if it is all plastic. The head can look up very much for good flying poses or if it is in the low detolf levels ...[emoji1][emoji1]
The helmer light up feature is great! You put the helmet on and the light is on!! Way too cool. The RDJ sculpt is very good.
My only 2 downsides are that the special edition is useless because the little Python is just silly and that some parts of the battle damaged pieces instead of looking with real damage,they seems rusted...[emoji848]
Overall a great armour. Just go with the regular release. [emoji1360]

dfe2443448a483056b2e5bb9d4d641b0.jpg

c4b4f3a5a6c59efd9030c1037b66ecb4.jpg

The "rust" effect I was talking about...

Yeah...HT got lazy with battle damage piece. Sweet armor tho! Going to wait for the discount before I make the plunge. :lol

Some dry brushing would do wonders for that but still... You shouldn't be putting in more work into a finished piece.

What do u mean light shines through it? It doesn't light up in those areas.

Stole this from Budget Starks review and it's also listed in the specs. This without the BD part covering it but i agree it does not look as good as it should. I never put batteries in anymore so i will not be using this part.

well...thats just stupid :dunno

why?

i assume they did it because of ..

shotgun%20copy_zpsisaacxos.jpg

this figure arrived on monday and i opened it up last night.. and wow, it's beautiful. the articulation is top notch, and i think it definitely adds a little more variety to my shelf.

the design is awesome, the lights are awesome, the accessories are great.. and wow, that new light up mask is really awesome. it's definitely an impressive figure. and i'm not sure if others will have the same luck, but i had zero problems putting the batteries in. in fact, i put all of them in by hand.. no tool necessary.

why?

i assume they did it because of ..

shotgun%20copy_zpsisaacxos.jpg

this figure arrived on monday and i opened it up last night.. and wow, it's beautiful. the articulation is top notch, and i think it definitely adds a little more variety to my shelf.

the design is awesome, the lights are awesome, the accessories are great.. and wow, that new light up mask is really awesome. it's definitely an impressive figure. and i'm not sure if others will have the same luck, but i had zero problems putting the batteries in. in fact, i put all of them in by hand.. no tool necessary.

Agreed.

Suddenly feel like I need this armour. It has always been one of my favourites from the HPP, I just love that fighter pilot/stealth fighter look. Probably wouldn't use the battle damage parts myself but appreciate the effects.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I don't like the bd stuff myself. Never used it from the mk5 or 6 or 7 either. But it's nice for those that want it. This figure has a couple of very unique engineering features. The neck and the faceplate

Back