1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No laughing head sculpt. Same body. Looks like I'm waiting on Vol 3 Drax. Doh !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sooo... Deluxe Star-Lord has 2 headsculpts, and so does Deluxe Rocket. Is it too much too hope that Drax and Gamora will have deluxe versions with 2 headsculpts as well?
Cuz, I mean, no biceps, no deal. And those pecs... yeesh. Rehashed Drax with a new gun and Baby Groot is not gonna cut it.
Hey, I just had a thought. (scary) Is Drax's body molded, or is there a rubber or ABS overlay on his chest? If there's an overlay, I bet I could perform a 1/6 scale augmentation with some resin or something to fill out his pecs and lats a teensy bit more.

No laughing head sculpt. Same body. Looks like I'm waiting on Vol 3 Drax. Doh !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might not need to wait that long, if they do a IW Drax and they don-- Who am I kidding? They're gonna reuse the **** out of this body.

Might not need to wait that long, if they do a IW Drax and they don-- Who am I kidding? They're gonna reuse the **** out of this body.

Yes. Didn't think of that !!!. Then they would get sales from a new body for at least 2 movies.

And if they decide to do that Rom-com with Drax and Mantis then it'll be 3 !!! :)

Sooo... Deluxe Star-Lord has 2 headsculpts, and so does Deluxe Rocket. Is it too much too hope that Drax and Gamora will have deluxe versions with 2 headsculpts as well?
Cuz, I mean, no biceps, no deal. And those pecs... yeesh. Rehashed Drax with a new gun and Baby Groot is not gonna cut it.
Hey, I just had a thought. (scary) Is Drax's body molded, or is there a rubber or ABS overlay on his chest? If there's an overlay, I bet I could perform a 1/6 scale augmentation with some resin or something to fill out his pecs and lats a teensy bit more.

No rubber he is very solid.

3470697a787804bee6e2cfcbc17cf69a.jpg

de9ca6766c13e321e720f13b2774218b.jpg

Looked at a few videos on youtube and that is the only part I want from the Drax2. :(

Ditto. It's a shame that is all a lot of people will only want that as it's the best baby groot

Sent from a single point in space and time

I would be glad if they just changed the arms. That's the main issue I have with the vol. 1 version. The torso is passable but the arms are way too thin.

Same body? Same hs? Shame. Shame. Shame.

Looking at the naked body there isn't that much to it. They really only need to address the torso and arms. Headsculpt is great, legs, hands etc they don't need to touch.

I have renewed hope for a body update for Vol 3 or Infinity Wars !!

Would be a new mould though for arms and body. But I would be prepared to pay a bit more to have a more screen accurate body on him.

s-l1600-11.jpg

Hoping when this goes to PO they'll reveal a yelling head. Otherwise I'll probably just get the vol 1 version to go with my eventual Guardians setup

Yes such an easy add for this figure to increase sales. Although I think it's pretty rare for something like that to be added at PO release.

But I'm ok to be wrong !!

Back