1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bo, no offense but do you even enjoy this hobby? It seems like literally every post I see by you is a complaint about a figure or the price of a figure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all for legitimate constructive criticism, but sometimes I wonder this as well about a lot of people here. Namely in the Aliens & Robots section.

I’m all for legitimate constructive criticism, but sometimes I wonder this as well about a lot of people here. Namely in the Aliens & Robots section.
A lot of them are bitter seemingly because Hot Toys doesn’t pay enough attention to their preferred licenses, which is understandable but there are other options such as NECA who fill those characters pretty well. Not in sixth scale but still something.

Or the skintone was pale..that’s a huge game changer. Can’t believe nobody mentioned this

If possible, can someone post both the Anakin and “Vader” portraits next to one another so we can see the difference in skin tone? Thanks in advance! :)

I'm still suprised both Anakain's are so popular considering the amount of **** people gave the PT and Anakin in particular. When I was growing up everyone was hating on it, since the new trilogy now everyone appears to be liking them?

From point of costume design, there is no single movie I did not like.

Thank you for the review @svnmelter! Really glad that I ordered this version.
It's interessting to see how a new paint job improves the likeness so much :clap

I'm still suprised both Anakain's are so popular considering the amount of **** people gave the PT and Anakin in particular. When I was growing up everyone was hating on it, since the new trilogy now everyone appears to be liking them?

Anakin is dope :lol

He’s fine in RotS, I think AotC is where most the hate comes from.

I know a lot of folks - myself included- found a better appreciation of him from the Clone Wars cartoon. He’s an awesome character in that.

Despite his hatred of sand, he’s actually one of my favorite SW characters.

I think there’s many who genuinely hate the PT, many that do it to just join in (closet PT lovers :lol) and then there’s a bunch of people that like it and more still that grew up with it as “their” Star Wars like I did with the PT as mine.

Those that grew up with it as theirs are now getting into their mid to late 20’s and early 30’s, getting a little expendable cash and are gonna be buying PT figures. I think this line is going to do just as well as anything from the OT that Hot Toys makes.

Theres a lot I like about the PT and I still enjoy watching them so I’m all in on these. The only thing I won’t buy many of are clones but the rest I imagine I’ll be getting.

Iconic figure. Its Anakin/the chosen one/Darth Vader at his full potential and at his most pivotal tragic moment of falling to the dark side.

With both esb Vader and Emperor arriving next 60ndays I hope this dont sell out too fast :panic:

I think despite not being a huge fan of the character he’s important to the overall Star Wars saga. I don’t feel the need to get another version of Anakin though.

Remind me folks, Anakin didn’t have “Sith Eyes” during the duel over the lava correct?? If I remember correctly Sith Eyes only appear after he kills off all the Separatist and crawling on the ground all hacked up. So robe on with hood over head is not screen accurate standing on top of the droid. Release should have come with secondary base IMO.

In a perfect world it would come with charred torso and a couple deep fried limbs with I HATE YOU AND SAND soundeffect.

Kind of a bummer that the switch for the base is on the bottom. Would've loved a plug in option too.

Or the skintone was pale..that’s a huge game changer. Can’t believe nobody mentioned this

Here’s a review that compares both:

The reviewer likes the dark side a lot more, but I think a case could be made for either. DS Anakin definitely has better definition of the creases and wrinkles and such, but almost looks like a vampire/monster next to the regular one, a lot moreso than one would expect.

I’m still inbetween on the decision even after seeing this, but leaning towards the regular as it’s more universal and ‘normal’ looking, and I can achieve a lot more interplay between figures with it. But that could change :lol

I’ll say this much, the original needs very particular lighting to make it look good, and it doesn’t in this particular video due to that. It could be the lighting making the other look too horror as well.

Should’ve been a DX...

Remind me folks, Anakin didn’t have “Sith Eyes” during the duel over the lava correct?? If I remember correctly Sith Eyes only appear after he kills off all the Separatist and crawling on the ground all hacked up. So robe on with hood over head is not screen accurate standing on top of the droid. Release should have come with secondary base IMO.

Correct.

In fact, when he’s in one piece, Sith eyes without the hood on is inaccurate. He had them for no more than three seconds when he looked at the camera while slaying the Separatist leaders.

The Sith eyes would've been a cool option if it was a choice. Meaning the original came with both heads. I decided to stick with the regular release, which just shipped from SS and I'll have it next Wednesday. A lot more display choices with the regular head than the Sith eyes. And not worth it to buy both, even though it'd be cool to have one Anakin with the baddies and one with the heroes. I'm sure they'll be a good enough KO head for $30 if I decide I want/need it. And ths stand would've never left the box anyway, as well as the swoosh saber effect.

I have the SS premium format Anakin Exclusive that came with both heads. I had to pack away all my statues & MR SW lightsabers for now, but I believe when I had him out I preferred and displayed his regular head over the evil sith eyes head.

Back