1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why people even pre-order...

95% of the figures are still available after release with discounts.

I've been burnt before with collectible gaming.. Sometimes they turn up, people cancel preorders etc... but once upon a time you could order something like the GTAIV Collector Edition with lock-box or Halo 3 with Helmet, and you had confidence of walking into a shop and buying it... Nowadays collector edition games are selling out before release... some with very limited numbers (by global standards) and exclusive deals with the likes of Gamestop, like the Post Pandemic Edition of The Last of Us, and the Claptrap in a Box Edition of Borderlands Handsome Collection are selling out within half an hour of being listed online..

I guess the same risks apply here..

You already can use $20 coupons on pre-orders that are longer than a month or whatever.

What I'm talking about is FIFTY - HUNDREDS on each Fig in less than 6 months. Not measly 25. No where did I state 25 because it's not true. TDW Thor was like $60+ off, not even counting rewards. And I'm not even talking ebay prices... those you can get even steeper discounts into even the hundred mark.

This is the only way I can stomach HTs these days. They've upped their costs and nothing is limited. Can't imagine paying full retail for my 80+ figs X.X

But whatever, just saying there is no point.

It's not common for every figure to get those 50-100 dollar discounts. 25 sure. But outside of that and free rewards very few actually get those huge discounts. And if you wait for those you can't flex. By then it's usually long past released. Its not your money so I don't get the level of care about it.

And for some people, like myself, I prefer to PO for a variety of reasons. Flex for one. Availability. Ease. And I also like to support the company's. To me it's worth the little extra to make sure they maintain their great customer service and current release pace. If everyone waited for the "deep discount" in under a year there would be no hot toys. No company would carry the product with those types of margins. Then hot toys would be forced to sell only at their two stores. Then have to drastically cut back product releases.

Some figures get those discounts but that's a bad sign for the hobby/company. Not a good thing.

It's not common for every figure to get those 50-100 dollar discounts. 25 sure. But outside of that and free rewards very few actually get those huge discounts. And if you wait for those you can't flex. By then it's usually long past released. Its not your money so I don't get the level of care about it.

And for some people, like myself, I prefer to PO for a variety of reasons. Flex for one. Availability. Ease. And I also like to support the company's. To me it's worth the little extra to make sure they maintain their great customer service and current release pace. If everyone waited for the "deep discount" in under a year there would be no hot toys. No company would carry the product with those types of margins. Then hot toys would be forced to sell only at their two stores. Then have to drastically cut back product releases.

Some figures get those discounts but that's a bad sign for the hobby/company. Not a good thing.

:dunnoI got Igor 30% off and I'm doing flex pay on him.

:dunnoI got Igor 30% off and I'm doing flex pay on him.

That 30% off is rare and used on high priced items and things that have sat for ages. They're lucky to sell them at all.

Other than the $20 monthly code, you don't know when a percentage code is going to hit, and what it will be good for. Most of the time it's the same hard to sell items and that's it. If you really want something, get it, but waiting for a 30% + code will probably just lead to disappointment.

If I really, really want something, especially an exclusive, I'll PO right away. Other things I can wait for the $20 code to apply. Hawkeye I pre-order day one. Same with any Cap.

This looks good and I don't own a Thor, so I may get this one. The only thing...

...the arms. I have heard that Hot Toys figures with rubbery, posable arms like these are often subject to cracking. I know if figures are posed in ways that do not stress the material, some of it can be avoided, but the nature of the material causes some cracking anyway. Can someone give an approximate time span when the degradation happens. Is it 5, 6, 7-10 years or sooner? How is the Hulk from the first Avengers film holding up?

I am just trying to figure out if this would be worth the investment.

I have a girlfriend whose husband is a big Thor fan. They named their little girl Thorin. Their son's name is related somehow too but it's odd and I can't remember his name.

As for the figure, I think the sculpt looks good but is a little off to me. I'll still be getting it though.

I have a girlfriend whose husband is a big Thor fan. They named their little girl Thorin. Their son's name is related somehow too but it's odd and I can't remember his name.

As for the figure, I think the sculpt looks good but is a little off to me. I'll still be getting it though.

Thorin? Like the Dwarf :lol Thats cool

Yeah it is a little off, not 100% Hemsworth, I'm getting it too, I hope it looks better in hand

Thorin? Like the Dwarf :lol Thats cool

Yeah it is a little off, not 100% Hemsworth, I'm getting it too, I hope it looks better in hand

I'm not sure of the spelling. It might be Thoran or Thoren.

Mmmmm....Thorin :drool

Sorry, got distracted for a sec.

Anyway, to me this Thor looks like another actor but I can't seem to grasp which one yet.

That 30% off is rare and used on high priced items and things that have sat for ages. They're lucky to sell them at all.

Other than the $20 monthly code, you don't know when a percentage code is going to hit, and what it will be good for. Most of the time it's the same hard to sell items and that's it. If you really want something, get it, but waiting for a 30% + code will probably just lead to disappointment.

If I really, really want something, especially an exclusive, I'll PO right away. Other things I can wait for the $20 code to apply. Hawkeye I pre-order day one. Same with any Cap.

Hot Toys sells out faster in europe. Or, at the decent prices anyway (which is like double you guys, so quit whining). Marty is sold out. Guardians too. Mark III DC is gone.

To discuss wether it's wise to PO or not, is kinda silly. I usually wants to see live pics of the figure before ordering. That means that I missed the Guardians. I PO Marty. Yeah, a few figures like Tonto and Jor-El and the Mandarin are on sale here in EU, but most are not and most sell out pretty fast. Maybe we get less figures than you guys :wink1:

I thought about PO SW but I'm scared the the HS is gonna suck, and then I'm stuck with an ugly figure. I'm not saying it will, I'm just scared that it will. So, I'll probably wait for non-photoshopped pics.

Some people PO, some don't. Some people try to save a penny when possible, some would rather pay full price, than spend 12 hours on ebay, hunting it down later on.

I love that most of you guys love these figures so much and have so much enthusiasm for upcoming releases.

Peace out

Back