1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

How are you guys not seeing that it's rooted hair? It's a low res scan and I can still tell.

Doesn't look rooted hair judging by the way the hair is sitting on his shoulders. Looks like stiff sculpted hair to me.

They need to stop doing rooted hair if they can't do it properly. Black Widow's rooted hair came out looking like crap and it's their 4th try doing that.

I'm all for rooted hair with Thor.

Ken dollie? No thanks.

tumblr_m2v04ccaLc1rnjbgoo2_500.gif

Well, after looking at it for the 50th time, I'm 11% sure it's rooted.

IMO, that's why we still haven't had a reveal. They've been trying to work out the kinks with his flowing golden locks.

If this were to have rooted hair, I hope that I can beat the rush of people to the Dark World Thor before it sells out. I can accept rooted hair on a female figure, but not the god of Thunder.:lol

It's not rooted hair. First, it wouldn't lay that flat on the top if the rest was not pulled tight. Rooted hair does not work like that. It's just a little adjustment to the Tdw sculpt with lighter paint to set it off and try and get people to buy it.

Not rooted. Sorry.

Yea mostly rooted hair looks bad. You can make it look good but it's cost prohibitive. Do it for prosthetics at work. And a few scale models. But it takes a crap ton of time. To do it right it would double or triple the cost of a figure.

Scarlet Witch looks great with her rooted hair so its not only doable but actually works well when done right.

Scarlett Gyllenhaall :lol looks good in proto pics, but I haven't seen a male character with rooted hair that looked good that I recall.

Back