1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that. Wow, not much has stayed the same.. Is it just me, or does that look more like LA Thor?

Well they used the DW head and the rest of the differences, besides the added blue undershirt, are only changing the colors slightly; most notably changing from gold to silver accents. So, I think it looks like the DW LA Thor because its using the same head there and everything else is almost exactly the same too besides slight color differences and undershirt.

Well they used the DW head and the rest of the differences, besides the added blue undershirt, are only changing the colors slightly; most notably changing from gold to silver accents. So, I think it looks like the DW LA Thor because its using the same head there and everything else is almost exactly the same too besides slight color differences and undershirt.

Nope, TDW and AOU Thor have totally different armors.

Nope, TDW and AOU Thor have totally different armors.

Wait... how are they TOTALLY different?
Hot-Toys-Thor-AoU-Review-image-22.jpg
The LA version would be even more the same. The differences are very slight - silver vs gold highlights, AOU version has an undershirt, and there is ever so slight detailing differences on armor, boots and pants if you look really close up but over all the same design. It's certainly a lot closer to being the same than "totally" different.

People with an eye for detail notice the differences. The same way they know each Spidey costume is different, but to the average Joe Spider-Man is Spider-Man. Probably wouldn't see any difference between Garfield and Maguire suits.

The silver is immediately noticeable, that little spike on the disk. The pants are different and no blue fabric under the bottom if the tunic.

I guess it all comes down to liking the gold or silver more if you already have TDW version. I want the silver, so now I have to go through the trouble of selling my LA Thor that no one wants because this Thor is just coming out lol.

People with an eye for detail notice the differences. The same way they know each Spidey costume is different, but to the average Joe Spider-Man is Spider-Man. Probably wouldn't see any difference between Garfield and Maguire suits.

Yea, I'm not saying there aren't differences, there are, even beyond just the slight color differences. But the overall design is still the same. The second garfield suit also borrowed so much from the Maquire suit I can understand why people consider them the same too with the most noticeable differences only being the larger eyes, the way the red cuts across the back, and a slightly different spider.

The silver is immediately noticeable, that little spike on the disk. The pants are different and no blue fabric under the bottom if the tunic.
Yea, and there are also "rims" or an "outline" (not sure what to call it) that go part way around the middle disks. So yea, there are lots of difference, enough perhaps that they fabricated much of the costume again, but its also clear they were working off the same over all design. The execustion of the design might be different in some details, but the design itself is pretty much the same.

I guess it all comes down to liking the gold or silver more if you already have TDW version. I want the silver, so now I have to go through the trouble of selling my LA Thor that no one wants because this Thor is just coming out lol.

I agree, everything else is so close it's just the color difference that jumps out the most. I prefer the silver and glad I waited for this one.

I believe the sculpt on the armor for the AOU version is new. The texture and detailing are totally different.

I wouldn't dispute that. I am sure they fabricated a "new" armor for the actual AOU prop as well as sculpted a new one for the figure. My point was about it being the same was concerning the overall design and not fabrication.

Thanks for the link- I am headed to church now, but I look forward to exploring the differences in the details later.

I wouldn't dispute that. I am sure they fabricated a "new" armor for the actual AOU prop as well as sculpted a new one for the figure. My point was about it being the same was concerning the overall design and not fabrication.

Thanks for the link- I am headed to church now, but I look forward to exploring the differences in the details later.

Yeah I get you, I'm not gonna lie and say the design is totally different. Just a few tweaks here and there, read the site and you'll understand what I'm trying to say :lol

Crappy cell pics. Used AoU head and shoes, swapped Thors short ankle joints with Caps longer ones. Really liking the height difference now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I get you, I'm not gonna lie and say the design is totally different. Just a few tweaks here and there, read the site and you'll understand what I'm trying to say :lol

The props for the film may be different but the armor used on both figures is the same. The HS is different, to boots, and different pegs and an added undershirt to match the film better (which was actually a request of the actor due to some discomfort the suit caused in previous filming when done sleeveless). But the armor is more or less the same.

Wait, so for the longest time everyone was asserting how TDW LA and AoU Thors are more less the same, now it's turned into finding reasons how they are vastly different? :lol

I'm only being humorous though.

The more I see that head, the more I like it more, regardless of sleeves or silver/gold. The expression just works so well with the other AoU figures, especially Cap.

Back