1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some decent pictures from ToysDaily

DSC_0482_zps267d7228.jpg

DSC_0459_zps70d647a5.jpg

it doesn't scream ''buy'' to me from those pics unlike IP's convention pics did. Why does the cream/gold look more like a mustard colour? presuming its just low lit or the photo has been altered. Might sit on this for a while before pre ordering, see what else goes up for pre order from others lines then pre order.

I just dont know about this one yet, IP was an easy decision but this I just just don't know..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whats off about it??

im wondering if i might just order the pps version as i want it posed with my mms 191 and dont know if its worth spending another £80 getting this when i am not going to use the tony stark sculpt and not going to be changing poses too much... decisions???

Price conversations aside, I like the proportions better in the die cast suits versus the plastic suits. In the pics thus far I can believe a "person" is inside the suit unlike the old mms suits. I'll buy a die cast suit , most likely Mark III to have in my collection. At the release rate won't see it in 2014-2015 anyway.......

I know some here are on the fence on this figure. I for one want this to go with my IP. I preorderd mine from BBTS last night. They don't require a non-refundable deposit, so I can cancel later if I change my mind, or something gets announced that trumps this figure.

Last night they had 125 preorders available when I ordered mine, but this morning their preorders are sold out. So this seem to be a demanded figure for sure. Considering there are still some Mark VII MMS up for preorder.

I know some here are on the fence on this figure. I for one want this to go with my IP. I preorderd mine from BBTS last night. They don't require a non-refundable deposit, so I can cancel later if I change my mind, or something gets announced that trumps this figure.

Last night they had 125 preorders available when I ordered mine, but this morning their preorders are sold out. So this seem to be a demanded figure for sure. Considering there are still some Mark VII MMS up for preorder.

As usual, I was going to PO him from CSC, but he's sold out there too :confused: Either the retailers got less number of these, or maybe the price hike doesn't really matter to the collectors.

Does anyone else think the suit is just to busy, especially the side of the abs, they look a little messy to me.

Price conversations aside, I like the proportions better in the die cast suits versus the plastic suits. In the pics thus far I can believe a "person" is inside the suit unlike the old mms suits...

You know, I agree about the proportions on this. I also think I like the color on this (which surprised me-thought I was a red suit guy).

Anyway, preordered and flexed yesterday afterwork while my wife was trying to talk to me about a 6 year old's birthday party. She came over to see why I was clearly distracted and said "get your PO in honey then we can talk. That's a good looking Iron Man!"

I'm so lucky in love!:yess:

Does anyone else think the suit is just to busy, especially the side of the abs, they look a little messy to me.

IMO, no. Much like the Mark 5, this suit forms around his body, only this one forms peice by piece and not from a suit or a pod.

It kinda makes sense for it to have more things going on seeing that it transforms around him.

It's a nice unique design and break away from your usual suit. IMO 3 + 4 + 6 + 7 are all the same aside from minor changes. Im happy this isnt just another red and good suit with one or two minor change.

I can't help but wonder if we're going to see not-diecast versions, or not. I'm ok with the minimal diecast these are using, But I'd rather have full plastic versions....

Decisions decisions....

I'm truly dreading the day it's $450 for a figure and it's not that far away.

Yup... and more and more people will fall into the

300+? This hobby is getting absolutely ridiculous. The juice is no longer worth the squeeze!

catagory. and HT will price themselves out of buisness. It's going the happen. that bubble can only be streached so thin.

Order, just have to wait a year. Oh well. I do hope that they put out the gray/blue War Machine if so I will buy it. No Red, White and Blue for me.

Target just started to put out the 3.75 Suits. I pickup 24 of them the other day. My GF Brother called me at another Target and found 4 more so I have I have 28 (not counting the ones from IM2). Still way cheaper ($6 each) then one 1/6

catagory. and HT will price themselves out of buisness. It's going the happen. that bubble can only be streached so thin.

I agree. You can only push your prices so far before it collapses. I'm one of those that is out at this point. Over $300 retail for a 1/6 Iron Man is just isn't worth it anymore. I've got a great collection of armors and the Mark VII on pre-order, but that'll be my last.

This has more to do with the Lic then HT per say. Disney does not like War. When the time comes you will see less and less. Remember the Mouse is a Happy Mouse (unless you are talking about the Mouse from South Park and he rules).

Plus War or Not. Disney wants their stuff be to sold in their parks, and in stores. Go to any store and you will see items that are over $30 getting old or marked down. I just happen on them putting out 3 case of the new IM3 marks. They will make more from Target (I bought them from Target) in one day. Then 5 years from HT/SSC. 28x$6 do the math ($168). An they are putting out 42 of them.

Also keep in mind, HT will not have this item out till next year, 11 months after. HT also does not keep to their time frame. SSC does, HT does not. This means we have about 11 to 16 months. Disney wants their money now (I would). By selling the 3.75 in the stores now. They will get $$$ by next year. IM3 will be like 9/11 what happen again?

Don't get me wrong I like HT items and I will buy the ones I like. How many people can keep buying these at $300 plus? Top it off SSC PF are now at $350/375. What is the cost going to be next year. I have all the BIG Movie Transformers 8 of them. That cost less then this item and they are really nice (Sale price was $30 to $35 from $50 to $99).

HT price is not the problem its how long they take to get the item out (More of less like my post).

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1b5DdFKI[/ame]

this probably isn't the best place to put this but seeing there are many Iron Man fans here, enjoy

I agree. You can only push your prices so far before it collapses. I'm one of those that is out at this point. Over $300 retail for a 1/6 Iron Man is just isn't worth it anymore. I've got a great collection of armors and the Mark VII on pre-order, but that'll be my last.

Ya, when you think about it. Your right as with everyone else. I only want 3 of them, Mk42 (order), War Machine Gray/Blue but not Red, White and Blue, Pepper, and if they make it Happy. The rest. Na. Everyone is looking for them to put out the Hulk buster or whatever its called and heart breaker but really. I see those at the $400 plus mark.

This has more to do with the Lic then HT per say. Disney does not like War. When the time comes you will see less and less. Remember the Mouse is a Happy Mouse (unless you are talking about the Mouse from South Park and he rules).

I keep hearing this, or things like this.

For the record, it's not only misguided, it's flat out wrong.

Don't expect disney to suddenly "kiddefy" the marvel movies.

It's simply not going to happen. It would be bad buisness, and generaly a stupid move. The marvel aspect is intended to target the male 15-30 demographic, which is an area that disney is historicly weak in.

Here are some other "more grown up" projects disney made.

Kill Bill 1 and 2 were disney films

End of Days
Dirty Pretty Things
Rounders
Down and Out in Beverly Hills
some of the newer Halloween movies
Insane Clown Possey was a disney music label for a VERY long time.

Here is the thing. ALL of these were released under other companies. Touchstone Pictures, Miramax, etc. All of whom were Disney companies.

Marvel pictures is the same.

Back