1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so not being farmiliar with HotToy's practices... will they be revealing more accessories for this figure after the movie has come out? I'm just not understanding why this and IP is so barebones compared to diecast mk.42 yet they somehow justify charging the same diecast mk.42 price?

Mark my words: WM Mk.2 will be cheaper than the other 2....

Perhaps before release, forearm missiles will be added, that's it.

but isn't IP just as barebones as this WM2.0 ? Yet IP is same price as mk.42....curious why people didn't riot if what they saw was really all they are getting

but isn't IP just as barebones as this WM2.0 ? Yet IP is same price as mk.42....curious why people didn't riot if what they saw was really all they are getting

Iron patriot comes with a Don Cheadle helmeted sculpt, this doesn't

or did they recently add that like they how they added the exclusive piece to Red Snapper?

Last edited:
Red Snapper has no added face sculpt.... just an added special release with a BD Mk.3/4/6 helmet that Pepper held.

that's what I was talking about. HT later added that exclusive piece so I was just saying/asking did WM MK2 get an added sculpt after the official announcement similar to how red snapper got the helmet later after it's announcement.

that's what I was talking about. HT later added that exclusive piece so I was just saying/asking did WM MK2 get an added sculpt after the official announcement similar to how red snapper got the helmet later after it's announcement.

WM Mk.2 already has a VIP/SSC exclusive... anything added (like: forearm missiles should be equal on all releases)..

WM Mk.2 already has a VIP/SSC exclusive... anything added (like: forearm missiles should be equal on all releases)..

you're not un-der-stan-ding me:slap:gah: I know that WM MK2 has it's own exclusive... I wasn't talking about exclusives! I was simply asking if more was added to WM MK2 after the official reveal, that's all. I have not been keeping up with these IM threads b/c they grow like wildfire and I didn't want to say that WM MK2 didn't come with a Don Cheadle sculpt w/o confirming first if that had changed while I was carrying on with my life and not being on SSF 24/7

Official specs is out (not the one on the first page, as there's error on it)... There will not be a Don Cheadle HS.... just like Mk. V was released without a face sculpt.

Whatever may or may not come when release will be an unknown, HT may add it later on, but it should be equal on all releases (being WM 2 exclusive and not)

Mk. 35, with extra BD Mk. VII head by all accounts is an exclusive, normal retail units will not have it, only selected markets.

Last edited:
Those pictures are driving me crazy :drool :love finally it seems HT had inspiration and came up with good poses, the pics for IP sucked so much it made me doubt about getting it, the articulation was greatly improved.. :yess: I already have too many pre ordered figures but I could never ever pass on this!

:exactly: Nice to see new poses for IP.

Re: 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - War Machine 2.0

An example of the Hasbro/Takara dynamics of Transformers mid to late 2000s...... Hasbro sold complete plastic ones while Takara has the same models in die-cast formats, both versions essentially from the same factory.

:goodpost:

A good point that bears repeating.

Re: 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - War Machine 2.0

:goodpost:

A good point that bears repeating.

Unfortunately not true now.... I suppose it's volume, HT's production is relatively small compared to what Takara-Tomy/Hasbro produces, so there's no need to alter production runs.

Also WM2.0 being the 2nd batch might be better as IP batch being the first run and first 1/6 Diecast might have teetering problems, like Mk.4 did before Mk. 6 release.

+1 :lecture

IM2_12inch_WarMachine_P1.jpg
420692_10151379711142344_1957715292_n.jpg

Not even an extra headsculpt? Pass for me, I liked the first WM better anyway, more features and accessories.

I too, definitely prefer the original IM2 WM over this new version. :lecture

Back