1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This part about HONŌ’s little mission statement stood out to me:

“Rather than definite adherence to on-screen likenesses, the team in HONŌ Studio pursues a path of playfulness and novelty in their works..”

To me, this means none of the “likeness is off/needs work” debates we get into on these forums. No need to wait for [Insert name of actor] to approve their likeness and then be disappointed in the final result.

…that being said, someone might want the John Byrne or Barry Windsor-Smith Logan down the line, and that’s not to say it couldn’t happen eventually. The price is making me say “HoYes!”, and I’m not even a Wolverine mark (added him to my Wishlists, in case I change my mind 😜).

Really wish Hot Toys interacted with customers the way InArt do. Love to know what this license covers. Are DC figures likely or is it just Marvel. Guess we can only wait and see.

Looks like the shoulder pads are connected to the arms somehow. They stay on top of the deltoid when moving the arms forward or back giving plenty of clearance for articulation.

Nicely done.

Is this a limited release or something? It was barely up 24 hours before BBTS marked it as "Sold Out".

Looks like the shoulder pads are connected to the arms somehow. They stay on top of the deltoid when moving the arms forward or back giving plenty of clearance for articulation.

Nicely done.
I’m guessing they’re held on by magnets similar to the shoulder armor on Thanos

He’s still up for pre-order at Timewalker Toys for $155.
Waiting for hands-on reviews is starting to be a policy that's biting me in the rear. I hate spending that much money on something without hearing about its actual final production quality, but I guess this is becoming par for the course.

Waiting for hands-on reviews is starting to be a policy that's biting me in the rear. I hate spending that much money on something without hearing about its actual final production quality, but I guess this is becoming par for the course.
It’s risky cause if it does turn out good, everyone already snatched him up, especially at this price point. Then when you decide to pull the trigger, he’s going to be sold out and now you’re paying extra to get him. To be safe, I preordered him just in case from Timewalker.

BTW, BBTS sucks now. They’re almost like 2nd hand seller with price gouging. Sideshow got Wolverine for $160, Timewalker $155, BBTS $175 smh.

This part about HONŌ’s little mission statement stood out to me:

“Rather than definite adherence to on-screen likenesses, the team in HONŌ Studio pursues a path of playfulness and novelty in their works..”

To me, this means none of the “likeness is off/needs work” debates we get into on these forums. No need to wait for [Insert name of actor] to approve their likeness and then be disappointed in the final result.

…that being said, someone might want the John Byrne or Barry Windsor-Smith Logan down the line, and that’s not to say it couldn’t happen eventually. The price is making me say “HoYes!”, and I’m not even a Wolverine mark (added him to my Wishlists, in case I change my mind 😜).
Sounds like porcelain troopers could belong to this line.

It’s risky cause if it does turn out good, everyone already snatched him up, especially at this price point. Then when you decide to pull the trigger, he’s going to be sold out and now you’re paying extra to get him. To be safe, I preordered him just in case from Timewalker.

BTW, BBTS sucks now. They’re almost like 2nd hand seller with price gouging. Sideshow got Wolverine for $160, Timewalker $155, BBTS $175 smh.
BBTS banks on their $4 flat shipping and "pile of loot" system to provide more value, and sometimes that's true.

I see Timewalker has free shipping if you cross $350. I'm not at that threshold, and I'm not sure what the shipping is as it's not telling me prior to placing an order.

Still, for a figure like this, I assume it's best to play it safe. If I order it and it's not satisfactory, I imagine I can more easily resell it and make-up the value spent.

BBTS banks on their $4 flat shipping and "pile of loot" system to provide more value, and sometimes that's true.

I see Timewalker has free shipping if you cross $350. I'm not at that threshold, and I'm not sure what the shipping is as it's not telling me prior to placing an order.

Still, for a figure like this, I assume it's best to play it safe. If I order it and it's not satisfactory, I imagine I can more easily resell it and make-up the value spent.
I just preordered at Timewalker and shipping was $16 for me to CA. BBTS would cost me $175 + $4 shipping + CA tax so it’ll be around $200.

You don’t have to order $350 worth of product at one time, though. They’ll hold it for you until you get something else in that will total $350 — much the same as the Pile Of Loot at BBTS. It may take longer to get your stuff, but you’ll get it.

Back