1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
409190953_747986184032063_2263844041747130335_n.jpg

The faceplate looks pretty basic to me, no nuance, just solid flesh tone with a wash..and lipstick. The arms look good though.

I like it. I have the Sideshow brown suit and tiger stripe. Of course, Sideshow has always tried to make them with some realism mixed in there.
This is seems to aim more for a "cartoonish, comic" style.

But I see this offering more like something Threezero would do.
Specially if the pricing will be below $200 and is light on accessories.

This looks great. And for $125 or so, if true, it's freakin perfect.

The fact that Hot Toys, of all companies, is coming out with a low-priced offering, creating a new area of the market for affordable sixth scale figures, is bonkers. But at the same time, it's showing that they want to be competitive. I would've thought Sideshow would try to be the low-price alternative, but it seems like they can't.

Either way, it's great to see "new" entrants into the market, particularly those that are at the 'entry-level'. That's exactly what this hobby needs.
Great post. There's more than one way to compete with InArt. You can try to beat them at their game or hit an entirely different pricepoint. Plus it's not like fans haven't been asking for comic-style Hot Toys for the last ten years.

The “X-Men” logo definitely has the same font as the animated series. I’ll wager it’s for the new X-Men ‘97 show on D+.
It's not the same font and this isn't a marvel studios line. If it was it would say Marvel Studios and X-Men 97 beneath it. This is just a marvel comics line.

To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hot toy priced that low at retail, and if they continued I with this business model and simple character designs like these with other characters, and maybe even a premium here and there, they would dominate! but I doubt that happen that would happen bc I’d be in trouble 😆.

Why is it so cheap though? This is the price troopers should be.
Agreed and it’s really showing just how inflated Hot Toys’ prices are. People are going to be far less likely to drop $260 on a similar figure now. Curious to see how this upcoming Spider-man does now with Wolverine showing he should be under $200.

Rolling eyes, spot on likeness, lots of accessories are all going to be expectations of anything over $160 now. Going to be interesting to see what else the economy class line has in store.

quick turn around at Q3 2024 with a price of $160
that's a W to me
the fewer accessories and no fee for actor likeness probably helps a lot, will be interesting to keep an eye out on this line. this is only like $40-50 more than mafex lol and it's in threezero's price range.. this is good competition

I swear if this had a hyper-realistic, traditional portrait, people would be saying that it was too detailed for a comic book inspired look and that companies love to intentionally **** up the *aesthetic*.

Y'all literally got a near exact recreation of -the- Wolverine people think of when they think animated, with a fabric bodysuit that's poseable to boot, and at a price which is insanely appealing. A price that competes or beats the third party animated offerings, even. I'm genuinely surprised this isn't being received as a win by the vast majority.

If I had to make one nitpick, it'd be that a pair of fabric briefs would have been welcome. But paint color uniformity is achieved by this so it seems like a decent trade off.

What's cool is now the cost between 1:6 and some of the higher end import brands is closing. I love this idea of an entry model for HT. I mean hell, MAFEX figs are like $100+ now right?

Plus a translucent crotch cradle stand! That's been my ask for HT to transition to forever.

This feels like a dream come true for what this product is. I really hope this succeeds for them and blossoms into a full scale subline for the company. It's not what I collect, but I know this is really filling a niche that many, many people have desired it makes me happy to see others have the opportunity to enjoy it.

Feels very comic/game/cartoon-accurate, accurate, great price… heck, I feel pretty sold. I may not need that Deadpool 3 Logan after all.

Back