1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Tokyo Comic Con photos:
1702034459569.jpeg
1702034491549.jpeg

There are some things I like about this one over Sideshow’s and vice versa (maybe the blue bikini briefs are throwing me off 😄).

…also, I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this, but peep the silhouettes in the background 👀View attachment 677429
Yes. I also want them to adjust his wolvikini and gritted teeth expression.

This looks incredible! I still lack confidence in Hottoys' ability to produce additional X-Men characters. In my opinion, they may not maintain the same level of consistency as Mondo. Mondo consistently releases X-Men: The Animated Series figures, and their new sculpts for characters like Rogue and Cyclops are impressive. So, if your goal is to collect all the X-Men TAS characters, Mondo remains my preferred choice. Hono is basically a new company though. So I hope Hono will be more consistent with its releases compared to hot toys.

Also just a thought: I still think Hottoys will release X men 97 specific figures when the show releases on disney +, including Wolverine. I just don’t see them skipping that show. It is marvel + they also did what if figures. Al though maybe they will skip it because of Mondo already making xmen 97 figures? Licensing issues? If I remember correctly the new Mondo cyclops sculpt has the Xmen 97 trademark.

As others have said, this feels like a 1/6 revoltech comic-book inspired animated wolverine... With hasbro "famous covers" costume. Or maybe a 80% capcom/20% comics interpretations. Sorely disappointed for something we've all asked for for so long. I guess i like soosoo's interpretations more than i thought.

I'm happy for everyone that's happy for it, don't want to be a buzzkill. Capcom and the animated series and revoltech deservedly have their hardcore fans.

I do really like the face plates though, beautiful sculpts on those.

The briefs are way too narrow. Looks like he's wearing a Speedo. They need to fix that. Would prefer fabric.

Dont like the square on the back of the hand to remove the claws. Too toyish. They shouldve just given us different hands. I do appreciate the option for open hand claws tho

And really dont like the visible toe joint and pin on the boot. The swap out mouths are cool but wish they gave him an open mouth

What do they mean by "Entry grade" ?

Looks really good and awesome they said first in a line but I not getting sucked back into Marvel.

Similar to the Spidey figure they announced, I have several quibbles with this figure. Mask and claws are too exaggerated for my tastes, the shiny blue isn't ideal, once again, HT AND SSC insist on inserting unnecessary goddamn lines everywhere on the suit for no reason I can understand, and the crotch does look kind of weird. Wish they would have went with more of a Byrne, Cockrum, Romita, Jr., or Alan Davis design. Still, easily the best official 1/6 scale Wolverine figure I've seen and I'll get it. Particularly at that price point. But they are totally unable of doing true, comic-accurate figures. They've got to mix in influences from video games, "modern and realistic" lines, etc. I don't understand that.

Also, the design on the comic on his stand is a totally different costume (the "Astonishing" design). With this and the "Wovlerine" stand it seems like HT doesn't prioritize basic QC checks on the stands.

Comparison: Sideshow vs Hot Toys
View attachment 677393
I actually prefer the Sideshow stylistic choices regarding the mask and claws. But obviously, the HT one blows the SSC one out of the water.

There are some things I like about this one over Sideshow’s and vice versa (maybe the blue bikini briefs are throwing me off 😄).

…also, I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned this, but peep the silhouettes in the background 👀View attachment 677429
Wow. Pretty exciting.

Damn great catch on the backdrop! Didn’t even notice that. Excited to finally see someone do a Classic Thor. This line has me excited.

The briefs are way too narrow. Looks like he's wearing a Speedo. They need to fix that. Would prefer fabric.

Dont like the square on the back of the hand to remove the claws. Too toyish. They shouldve just given us different hands. I do appreciate the option for open hand claws tho

And really dont like the visible toe joint and pin on the boot. The swap out mouths are cool but wish they gave him an open mouth

What do they mean by "Entry grade" ?

You get all those inferior features you mentioned, moulded 1 piece trunks instead of mixed media and more intricate body engineering. It also looks like inferior paint apps too.

This looks great. And for $125 or so, if true, it's freakin perfect.

The fact that Hot Toys, of all companies, is coming out with a low-priced offering, creating a new area of the market for affordable sixth scale figures, is bonkers. But at the same time, it's showing that they want to be competitive. I would've thought Sideshow would try to be the low-price alternative, but it seems like they can't.

Either way, it's great to see "new" entrants into the market, particularly those that are at the 'entry-level'. That's exactly what this hobby needs.

Yeah not understanding what paint is missing here. You have a 0.5" comicbook based mouth plate and silicone arms that are more detailed than you usual silicone arms. What kind of paint did people want?

CQWUb1r.png
To me this looks absolutely gorgeous. And if one doesn't like the end result of any of the mouth plates, it can easily be painted under $35-45 by some great artists. Would still be cheaper though.

Back