1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait does the hyperlink in the Sideshow video reveal that this is the First Padme figure and more is coming? :O
Nope, its just how Sideshow labels some of their videos.

Kind of like "the first reveal of Padme!" when it really isn't for many people lol.
The video series is titled “Sideshow’s First Look” is why.

Were her pants that loose? I thought that whole outfit was pretty form fitting…
I'm sure they wanted to allow for more posability, since she's a figure people are expecting to put in lots of action poses.

I just wish they weren't using the same old Black Widow body they've been using forever, as it's way too busty and curvy for how Portman looked in the movie.

I'm sure they wanted to allow for more posability, since she's a figure people are expecting to put in lots of action poses.

I just wish they weren't using the same old Black Widow body they've been using forever, as it's way too busty and curvy for how Portman looked in the movie.

Will there be a Danoby Phicen upgrade video for Padme? :lol

Wow, she really does look awesome in that video! Her proportions are spot on. I wonder when Sideshow will start shipping her?
February 2024 - June 2024, per SSC in their YT comments.

Is that just a CYA date, just in case there are delays?

Seems like such a broad range, I’m assuming they get shipped from Asia to SSC by boat in batches.

Not sure when their retail partners are included in that window. Hope i don’t have to wait until the summer - have 2 on PO from Timewalker.

Last edited:
Overall looks great here and looking forward to getting her. I may see about getting a second set of clothing once she’s parted out in order to retailor them to fit a bit tighter at the legs and arms though

That SSC video looked better than the blogger photos -sculpt and outfit seemed worse for some reason in those blogger photos.

I don’t why Hot Toys does those, seems like it does the figure a disservice when those are so heavily edited and include unnecessary photoshop effects.

Overall looks great here and looking forward to getting her. I may see about getting a second set of clothing once she’s parted out in order to retailor them to fit a bit tighter at the legs and arms though
Shouldn't be too hard just to take in the inner leg seam a bit. That's all it should take to make them more form-fitted.

I just put down a pre-order on KG Hobbie, not sure what that means when I'll actually receive it.

I do feel that with the production version the face feels a little less rounded. She looks more like Natalie Portman ca. 2007'S Black Swan, than ca. 2000 / 2001 principal and additional photography. It still looks great, but it was those initial prototype images that really sold me on the figure.

It's crazy because the blogger photos give us the first look into the quality of the final product, and in actual customer reviews and in-hand look quite different. I hesitate to say that blogger photos hurt the release, but lately we have been a bit fooled by one person's lighting/interpretation vs the actual in-hand quality. I know these figures are rarely perfect but it's wild because I cannot really put too much stock into initial blogger photos knowing this. Thoughts?

That SSC video looked better than the blogger photos -sculpt and outfit seemed worse for some reason in those blogger photos.

I don’t why Hot Toys does those, seems like it does the figure a disservice when those are so heavily edited and include unnecessary photoshop effects.
Agreed. It used to be the bad, early cell phone pics that would get us all worried about the final product of a new figure, and the blogger pics would calm any doubts. I remember excitedly waiting for OMG to post his pics here the moment he would get a new figure. I wonder what happened to him??
But now, these professional photos are what's doing these figures no real justice these days and we have to wait on video reviews.
Shouldn't be too hard just to take in the inner leg seam a bit. That's all it should take to make them more form-fitted.
For sure. I don't think it would be difficult at all as it's something I've done quite a few times in the past. I just prefer to have a back up just in case I make a booboo :lol

Last edited:
alright release, expected more. Same with their Solo, they’re not really there. Does not feel like HT is evolving aside from increased price tags. What downgrades this figure is the eyes and eyelids, they couldn’t capture Portman’s eyes. She has a calm/relaxed whilst intense stare. This sculpt just nailed the intensity which gives the illusion of a frightened and scared character. Odd.

:p

425685290_2183341185332987_4829562765500425673_n.jpg

425651892_2183341121999660_5589920339978696641_n.jpg

425672335_2183341025333003_276172607511101768_n.jpg

425670920_2183340911999681_8846849543750361509_n.jpg
425645561_2183341088666330_242677805959015030_n.jpg

This gave me PTSD. Never touched rolling eyeballs again after my one trial moving them.
As much as the rolling eyes seem like a nice idea in theory I almost never mess with them beyond initially getting the figure and setting them how I want them. Even then they’re often set how I want them (facing forward).

Back