1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, these suits are probably my favorite designs of all time. I?d LOVE to have them in fabrics. Fortunately the rubber doesn?t seem to crack...
e4c3e785960dd35fe2196f2236d4dff3.jpg

Fabric would have been amazing but I can see why early HT went the rubber suit route. Easier and cheaper to manufacture.

They do capture the look of the suits and display fine.

Slikkerias, I've saved all of your pics from your custom Lambert, back when you initially worked on it. Planning to follow your lead. It looks great.

Ahhhhhh... the Lambert. That was -- is -- awesome.

Who was it long ago that was actually making a fabric spacesuit piece by piece? I wonder what happened to that custom?

EDIT: I found it. Tinister was the guy who made a fabric Kane suit back in 2011. Really amazing.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh... the Lambert. That was -- is -- awesome.

Who was it long ago that was actually making a fabric spacesuit piece by piece? I wonder what happened to that custom?

EDIT: I found it. Tinister was the guy who made a fabric Kane suit back in 2011. Really amazing.

Thanks!
And yes, that custom Kane suit is some of the best custom work I?ve seen. Wonder what it would cost to have someone make a run of something similar? Just the suits in three colors.

Lot of work, even if you can strip of the shin guards from the old HT figures. Lot of cross-stitch work and pockets, various textures. And only the people willing to strip down their old figures of the armor and helmet would be interested, rendering the old figures useless for resale. I think you'd have a very small pool of interested buyers and even smaller group who actually pay up.

Project could be $500 plus per spacesuit... IF Iris or Yunsil could even do it.

Lot of work, even if you can strip of the shin guards from the old HT figures. Lot of cross-stitch work and pockets, various textures. And only the people willing to strip down their old figures of the armor and helmet would be interested, rendering the old figures useless for resale. I think you'd have a very small pool of interested buyers and even smaller group who actually pay up.

...well I guess that?s off the table then [emoji28]

You would have to put yourself into hibernation before seeing that project's fruition... :wink1:

Another year, no announcement for Power Loader/Ripley ?86 2.0 [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure would love some new Alien releases..

View attachment 483971

Great pic!

I've given up on HT providing us with new "Alien(s)" figures some time ago. That's why I moved forward then to pick up some of the older figures and update them, if possible, myself.

One thing I do need to do is get a replacement body for my Ripley. I don't want joints showing. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I was thinking of a Wonder Woman body or a Phicen, but unsure which Phicen would best fit.

Sure would love some new Alien releases..

View attachment 483971

I remember waiting forever for this Ripley. From it's first "rooted hair" reveal (which had me excited) to the "subpar generic" preorder images. I still went ahead with the purchase but after having it in hand I wasn't to thrilled with her headsculpt as it looked too generic. Something about that generic era of Ripley, Buce Banner, Ichabod Crane, Commando, even T1. I ended up selling her. Its ashame as I would have loved to have her in my collection.

Some pictures I took on Sunday.
Hot Toys Ripley and NECA 1/4 Alien (the one that came out last year)
1C95F818-FA66-42CD-BF46-0339DB44C1FE.jpg
30087691-E8AF-4ED8-B97F-A9CA1243FB92.jpg
2751647C-C1DA-4ECA-A2E5-F4572192B4B9.jpg
484602D5-7456-410F-849C-3B15FCEB0F65.jpg

Hey guys
wonder if any of you interested in getting an 1/6 scale seiko giugiaro (ripley watch) for your ripley figure?
I've custom made one for myself, 3d printed and hand painted, made a few extra hopefully can sell it and earn some lunch box money,
PM if interested , let me know thanks

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

IMG-3313.jpg

So I take it there is no alternative 1/6 scale ALIEN? Really like the Ripley but can't go in on it without a good Big Chap. I wouldn't even consider Hot Toys laughing horse face and worrying about the rubber they use. I wouldn't want that thing in my house. Might have to stick to 1/12 with the Mafex alien. Looks like NECA is going to give us pretty much the whole crew.

Back